ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Indiana Match Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Please use this thread for pre-match, in-match, and post-match discussion about the match. If responding to another post, please use the quote function.

When: 1/27, @ 1 pm EST

Where: @ Indiana

TV: none

Video Streaming: BTN+ and FloPro for those that have subscriptions to the aforementioned

Audio Streaming: Ironhead will be providing radio PBP for the match, and it will be streamed for free via LionVision, at:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=242

The pre-match show starts at 12:40 pm EST

I should be good to provide PBP of the matches in the thread, but others are encouraged to add their comments, thoughts, PBP, etc. If my plans change, I'll make a post indicating as much.

Not a single matchup Im looking forward to.

This guy wants his calendar back
AnthonyCassar2018PSU-OSU.jpg

Not a single matchup Im looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to Nick Lee - Kyle Luigs simply because it is too former HS teammates and friends facing each other. I don't expect anything less than a major decision, but Luigs wrestled with a little more funk than many of his other teammates in HS, so he'll try to keep it interesting. In HS, Luigs was 2 weight classes lighter than Nick.

picking up from the Purdue match thread, where I gave some info on what the host school was doing for the PSU match

- admission is free
- it's a Salute To Service event, which I guess has to do with veterans

There is no youth clinic. Indiana is having that on Feb. 9, before their home dual against Stanford

Reactions: Dogwelder
9 minutes into the pre-match broadcast, and LionsVision goes silent for me. I hope it's not going to be one of those type of days.

Please use this thread for pre-match, in-match, and post-match discussion about the match. If responding to another post, please use the quote function.

When: 1/27, @ 1 pm EST

Where: @ Indiana

TV: none

Video Streaming: BTN+ and FloPro for those that have subscriptions to the aforementioned

Audio Streaming: Ironhead will be providing radio PBP for the match, and it will be streamed for free via LionVision, at:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=242

The pre-match show starts at 12:40 pm EST

I should be good to provide PBP of the matches in the thread, but others are encouraged to add their comments, thoughts, PBP, etc. If my plans change, I'll make a post indicating as much.

Forfeit at 133. RBY out. Not season-ending injury.

Reactions: Dogwelder
btn2go stream has begun....

Match starts at 184
Franny Bisono vs. Norman Conley
Bo Nickal vs. Jake Kleimola - IN HS State Champ but has struggled in college so far. Soph will take a beating
Anthony Cassar vs. Fletcher Miller - doesn't win a ton but often keeps matches close. Not sure he will today.
Devin Schnupp vs. Liam Cronin
Forfeit at 133
Nick Lee vs. Kyle Luigs - HS teammates
Jared Verkleeren vs. Fernie Silva
Jason Nolf vs. Breyden Bailey - bumping up from 149 to get slaughtered. IN State Champ but a lamb being fed to the Lion.
Vincenzo Joseph vs. Bryce Martin
Mark Hall vs. Jake Cavaciu - transfer from Wisconsin. 2x IN State Champ, but no match for Hall.

IU Students doing the broadcast already teetering toward the Nebraka kids from years past. All from the deeper voiced guy
- Bisono "a late lineup adjustment"
- Didn't mention that Jake Danishek is not in IU's lineup today and discussed how he was co-wrestler of the week
- described Conley's 2nd takedown as a reversal
- described a Conley mat return as almost a takedown

Crowd close to 3,000

184: Bisono vs. Norman Conley

Per 1
Conley in on a double and gets the TD, 0-2. Bisono to his feet, but taken back down. OOB. Bisono to his feet on the restart, and peels out, 1-2. Bisono in on a double, Conley counters, gets a single and gets the TD, 1-4. OOB. Not much on the restart, and then another OOB with 18 sec left. End. RT @ 1:59 for Conley.

Per 2
Conley takes bottom. Bisono riding on the right side. They go OOB. Conley tries a sitout off the restart, nothing. Conley to his feet, but tripped back to the mat. Bisono is riding well, but not having much luck with tilts. Conley to his feet again, and tripped back down. It's a rideout end. RT @ 1 sec for Bisono.

Per 3
Bisono takes bottom. They go OOB with 1:38 left. Bisono nearly out, but can't quite get away. Stall warning on Conley with under 30 sec. Bisono starts to come up, but is taken back down. RT locked for Conley. It's a rideout. End. With 1:59 in RT, it's a 1-5 victory for Conley

0-3, Indiana

Reactions: danoftw
Cassar having a problem with his “headset.” Apparently needed to adjust the volume to hear coaches ongoing instruction. :)

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT