ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Lacrosse Mixer in Philadelphia before Saturday's game. Link:

Anyone have good parking info with regards to exiting quickly and painlessly?

hmm, this could be a challenge. For Eagles' games, most of the fans know the routine, in terms of where to park, which streets are blocked off, etc. For the LAX semis, I'm guessing that most of the attendees will be from out of the area, and will be unfamiliar with the traffic flow, where to park, etc. It could be a bigger mess than usual.

A couple of suggestions for you. First, if you want a really quick and easy exit, the best option is to not park in or around the Linc. Basically, you would want to take the Broad Street Subway. If you went up 2 stops, you'd be at Snyder. You'd basically park near Broad and Snyder, take the subway to the game, then do the reverse. If you opted for the 3rd stop, that would be Tasker-Morris. You'd park near Broad and Tasker, take the subway to the game, then do the reverse. If you went to the 4th stop, that would be Ellsworth-Federal. You'd park near Broad and Washington Avenue, and ... (you should know the pattern by now).

@LealandLoyal's advice was also good. While you'll have a bit of a hike, the farther you park from the stadium, the easier your exit will be. I would suggest the parking lot next to the NovaCare Complex. I believe the address for that is 1561 Pattison Avenue. You'd park there, then walk East on Pattison Avenue and cross Broad Street. At that point you can either continue East on Pattison for another block, and then turn right and walk a block to the stadium, or cut through the parking lot on your right (on a diagonal), and then walk the short distance to the stadium.

It would help if I knew where you heading after the game. The advantage of the parking complex I suggested is that you have easy access to I-76, and I-95 (by heading in the opposite direction on Pattison from the stadium, and turning left on Penrose Avenue; beyond that, follow your GPS).

Good luck

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
Anyone have good parking info with regards to exiting quickly and painlessly?

Are they expecting 65K in attendance? I really don’t think there will be THAT many people so getting in & out shouldn’t be too difficult

But if you want to take precautions .... park across Broad street at the Lakes. Or come in off 95 onto Packer Ave and park in the lot off 7th street. You will get in and out ok over that way

I’d recommend parking in FDR Park, I park/tailgate there for Eagles/Phillies games and it’s pretty easy in and out. There is a small parking lot across from the Wells Fargo Center that is a short walk to the Linc. There’s also a parking lot right by the golf clubhouse that is right by the traffic light and exit from the park. Both of these locations are good spots to tailgate as well. One complicating factor with the park may be the holiday weekend and people using the park for cookouts. Because it’s a public park they will likely not be charging parking (unlike during Eagle home games).

Are they expecting 65K in attendance? I really don’t think there will be THAT many people so getting in & out shouldn’t be too difficult

But if you want to take precautions .... park across Broad street at the Lakes. Or come in off 95 onto Packer Ave and park in the lot off 7th street. You will get in and out ok over that way

They typically draw 30,000 but toss in the Penn State contingent and I bet you're looking at close to 50,000.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT