ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD -- Penn State @ Maryland

Anyone here believe PSU could win games against a team with a pulse with Pribula at QB?

Maybe if the defense holds the other team to 3 points.......
Allen would need 30+ carries and our defense would have to create turnovers
It's not like Roberson bad but he's not very good right now which is okay--he's hopefully got time to develop.

he is raw
Reportedly he has a nice arm. But we have yet to see it.

Hope the staff can get two talented 2025 QB's. Would have been nice to get two for 2024. Gotta have competition and talent in the QB room with the potential that Allar leaves after 2024.

hang-half-a-hundred-on-em-t-shirt-Shirt.jpg

Reactions: The Spin Meister
They’re not gonna be able to keep him off the field next year.
Jacobs will be gone and Rojas doesn't look like the beef to play Mike. I'm looking for Elsdon to move on to his life's work and Robinson to be the backup at Mike next season. Will be interesting to see how Wylie and Keys develop and how they are used next season as well. But it sure looks like Rojas will be a great playmaker for PSU at least the next two seasons.

“Solid” is underselling it by miles. We won by 36 points on the road in a game we were favored by 8. But, yes, next week is everything.
We played we'll but let's not make Maryland into something they're not. Didn't they lose to Illinois at home?

Not everyone likes the call to be biased. I hate local hockey games because they don't truly talk about both teams.
I get and respect people just want to hear about Penn State so it makes sense you and others use it but it shouldn't be difficult to understand why others don't.
Also, the announcers are rarely as bad as people claim.

Driving home, had to listen to the XM radio broadcast. Maryland homers. I don't mind slanted coverage, but they barely told me what was going on. It's radio. I need down and distance or yardage gained every play. They were not successful in that regard.

Driving home, had to listen to the XM radio broadcast. Maryland homers. I don't mind slanted coverage, but they barely told me what was going on. It's radio. I need down and distance or yardage gained every play. They were not successful in that regard.
Yeah, that's way worse than just homerism.

Score update please
Of what?

Edit: @Parkland Fan forgot you were in airport . Won, as others posted. D was Dominate! Great schemes by Manny.

Drew was very good, we actually threw deep several times. Had two TDs dropped in end zone, so coulda been eight more points.

Allen was a beast, Singleton still struggled but had a fifty yd kickoff return.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parkland Fan
Anyone here believe PSU could win games against a team with a pulse with Pribula at QB?

Maybe if the defense holds the other team to 3 points.......
Pribula would get shut down in 2 series. His first decision is to run. He would be stopped. The jury is out on his arm and accuracy. Everyone knows he is going to run... and most of his runs are against the 2 or 3s. Against the 1s of Michigan... he willl get smoked.

Pribula would get shut down in 2 series. His first decision is to run. He would be stopped. The jury is out on his arm and accuracy. Everyone knows he is going to run... and most of his runs are against the 2 or 3s. Against the 1s of Michigan... he willl get smoked.
Which is why he needs to play more and pass more. Only way to learn.

As did 4 other guys. Could call them out as well please?
I'd say 3 - pretty sure he took another PSU player out when he missed the tackle. Quite confident saying he's easily been the worst LBer (to see meaningful minutes) this season, so I'm gonna stick with just calling him out at this time. To be fair, the defensive coaches should answer why they keep putting him out there.

To be fair, the defensive coaches should answer why they keep putting him out there.

Depth player. Don't quite trust Wylie yet. Probably don't want to burn Tamere's RS. We don't play a Mike as often as the Sam/Will.

Just my guesses.

“Solid” is underselling it by miles. We won by 36 points on the road in a game we were favored by 8. But, yes, next week is everything.
I'm in the "solid" camp. Nice win. But in the 4th quarter it seems that the MD team had a big bet on PSU scoring over 50.

Watch his high school film. Kid has a good arm. Just needs to play more.
Good high school arms are weak B10 arms. He hasn't shown a B10 arm at PSU.

Yes he needs to play more, but has played plenty considering the need at the beginning of the season to get Allar going.

Pretty reasonable line of thinking actually

Don't get me wrong, I cringe when he comes in. Although the bigger problem seems to be wholesale substitutions, frequently on our 3rd and 6th defensive series.

I thought we should have mined a Mike from the portal. And wouldn't be upset if we did this off season (Kobe is a little penalty prone). Particularly if Elsdon moves on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT