ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State versus UMass

You're so full of shit - just like you didn't say ASWP would beat WVU.... or when WVU beat ASWP, you claimed "nobody saw that coming" despite the majority of the board's posters telling you ASWP sucked and WVU would beat them. You're a liar and recreationist troll-boy -- you absolutely said duhO$U beating Maryland was a better win than any win PSU had and that duhO$U's wins over ND and MD supported their top 3 ranking.
I can pull another quote. I never say anyone will beat anyone other than the elite teams. I said Pitt is favored to beat them

When you say ASWP or duhO$U you have zero credibility.

I didn't say that. That's what you think I said because you never read what is written

Learn to search old man. Type in "defense championships" and my name in advance search. I handed you the quote.
Ok you win this time. But it is not beyond your negativity to agree with the ninny who responded to my comment that defense wins championships in an august thread.

That poster (maybe you using a different name) said that in todays game, defense helps, but the offense needs to score at least 30 points.

I predicted that if the defense holds the opponent to 15 points per game that can win championships. Well at this point in the season, we look pretty good on noth sides.

I can pull another quote. I never say anyone will beat anyone other than the elite teams. I said Pitt is favored to beat them

When you say ASWP or duhO$U you have zero credibility.

I didn't say that. That's what you think I said because you never read what is written

You didn't argue with numerous posters about whether WVU would beat ASWP???? You're a liar troll-boy and everyone on here knows it.

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
Ok you win this time. But it is not beyond your negativity to agree with the ninny who responded to my comment that defense wins championships in an august thread.

That poster (maybe you using a different name) said that in todays game, defense helps, but the offense needs to score at least 30 points.

I predicted that if the defense holds the opponent to 15 points per game that can win championships. Well at this point in the season, we look pretty good on noth sides.
I don't have multiple profiles not do I change what I say unless I admit I was wrong. Like Wyoming might force me to do today.

Our defense is elite. We agree. We're on par with Ohio State and the only reason I think Michigan is better is they have an experienced QB. Those games are both winnable. It comes down to which offense can take advantage of the few chances they get.

You didn't argue with numerous posters about whether WVU would beat ASWP???? You're a liar troll-boy and everyone on here knows it.
"Would beat"...I said repeatedly it wasn't a lock. Again Pitt was favored. All the threads are there. I can prove you wrong on anything you lie about.

In sept our defense was great but not elite because the defense did not have a pick 6 on a dropped interception. Now because they had a pick six today they are. You are catching up.
No, because they're continuing to do it week in and week out. It's not a difficult concept here.
You keep talking about me catching up....you jumping to conclusions isn't resulting in others catching up

No, because they're continuing to do it week in and week out. It's not a difficult concept here.
You keep talking about me catching up....you jumping to conclusions isn't resulting in others catching up
Did PSU have a pick six before today. Based on dc diaz, personnel, and performance on the field I said that PSU had a great defense in sept. You said great but not elite because of a dropped interception. Today only a couple games later we are elite. Go ahead, hope on the manny diaz bandwagon.

Did PSU have a pick six before today. Based on dc diaz, personnel, and performance on the field I said that PSU had a great defense in sept. You said great but not elite because of a dropped interception. Today only a couple games later we are elite. Go ahead, hope on the manny diaz bandwagon.
You have to stop making stuff up.

You have to stop making stuff up.

What is made up. In sept did you not say that the defense was great but not elite because they failed to score 6? It seems in your mind that for the defense to be elite the defense must score points which they did today.
Look that one up.

What is made up. In sept did you not say that the defense was great but not elite because they failed to score 6? It seems in your mind that for the defense to be elite the defense must score points which they did today.
Look that one up.
I absolutely did not say that lmao
I already searched--doesn't exist
Stop making shit up

INT return was called back on a penalty. Unless you mean punt return(s).
Just let him go--he can't recall what happened today let alone a month ago
The fact he thinks I'd ever say that we aren't elite because we dropped a pick is the funniest thing I've read here.

INT return was called back on a penalty. Unless you mean punt return(s).
I was making/eating dinner during that. Saw th pick and went on doing other things did not see the penalty. Punt returns are defensive plays. Defense is now elite. I

Reactions: lazydave841
We still haven't played a team with a pulse. We've done what we're supposed to do against lesser opponents. The defense has flashed elite potential and if they can keep creating turnovers we'll be in great shape but that's a lot to ask. We've also seen flaws with the offense that must be corrected to beat the two other great teams on our schedule.

Correct and those being accurately critical are discussing their areas of opportunity. The defense was great with signs of being elite. The offense must improve. We all know this.

At this point in the season, the defense is always ahead of the offense.

I believe this is the exchange yall are discussing. 😆

Yer welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
There were even fewer Iowa fans at the white out than I thought. I didn’t realize how common yellow ponchos are.

I believe this is the exchange yall are discussing. 😆

Yer welcome.
A lot of context and omitted posts in that thread not included in the couple you listed. In that game thread, i focused on the defense while the other poster focused on the offense. I stand by my position that sometimes when the offense is not having their best day the defense has to stand up and position the offense for suçcess. Thats what happened in that game. The offense not scoring off turnovers was meaningless in that gam

Reactions: lazydave841
A lot of context and omitted posts in that thread not included in the couple you listed. In that game thread, i focused on the defense while the other poster focused on the offense. I stand by my position that sometimes when the offense is not having their best day the defense has to stand up and position the offense for suçcess. Thats what happened in that game. The offense not scoring off turnovers was meaningless in that gam
That wasn't the discussion. Read through the thread.

At the end of the day, this team, both offense and defense will be judged, and should be, how these final six games end up.

The defense has put up elite numbers and has dominated so far. But, they also haven't played a team that is top 60 in offense if I saw that right...so let's face it, next week is when we can judge them.

As for the offense, Nick is either 'somewhat effective' or 'just a guy' through six games, and has been blah so far. He needs to step up beginning next week. Getting Wallace back is huge for a possible deep threat, and someone who hopefully will take the attention of the defense off KLS.

This season comes down to the big two on the schedule...progress is made if we split or win both. Going 0-2 would be incredibly disappointing and unacceptable. Although, on this board, 10-2 is a success and to be lauded when u beat a bunch of teams that have far less talent.

At the end of the day, this team, both offense and defense will be judged, and should be, how these final six games end up.

The defense has put up elite numbers and has dominated so far. But, they also haven't played a team that is top 60 in offense if I saw that right...so let's face it, next week is when we can judge them.

As for the offense, Nick is either 'somewhat effective' or 'just a guy' through six games, and has been blah so far. He needs to step up beginning next week. Getting Wallace back is huge for a possible deep threat, and someone who hopefully will take the attention of the defense off KLS.

This season comes down to the big two on the schedule...progress is made if we split or win both. Going 0-2 would be incredibly disappointing and unacceptable. Although, on this board, 10-2 is a success and to be lauded when u beat a bunch of teams that have far less talent.
Not sure if all on the board would view us losing to Michigan and OSU and ending up 10-2, then winning another consolation bowl as a successful season. I certainly would not. I am a huge fan just one with high standards that believes PSU should be able to compete with the best college football teams in the nation.

I am not as down on Singleton as you seem to be and am hopeful he will do damage in Columbus. Getting the ground game going with Singleton and Allen will be huge for us.

The talent level for both teams is essentially equal. We have to be able to limit Harrison Jr and Egbuka. I think we can as our defense is playing extraordinarily well. McCord played with Harrison in HS so he is super comfortable with him. We need to take that comfort away. I like the speed of our defense to disrupt their offense.

You are right on offense. We need a #2 WR to step up. Maybe Wallace? I have a feeling we will see the TEs a lot and they will end up being our #2 WR. I also want to see passes to Singleton and Allen.

Not sure if all on the board would view us losing to Michigan and OSU and ending up 10-2, then winning another consolation bowl as a successful season. I certainly would not. I am a huge fan just one with high standards that believes PSU should be able to compete with the best college football teams in the nation.

I am not as down on Singleton as you seem to be and am hopeful he will do damage in Columbus. Getting the ground game going with Singleton and Allen will be huge for us.

The talent level for both teams is essentially equal. We have to be able to limit Harrison Jr and Egbuka. I think we can as our defense is playing extraordinarily well. McCord played with Harrison in HS so he is super comfortable with him. We need to take that comfort away. I like the speed of our defense to disrupt their offense.

You are right on offense. We need a #2 WR to step up. Maybe Wallace? I have a feeling we will see the TEs a lot and they will end up being our #2 WR. I also want to see passes to Singleton and Allen.

How do you beat cheats

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT