ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD -- Penn State @ Maryland

Don't get me wrong, I cringe when he comes in. Although the bigger problem seems to be wholesale substitutions, frequently on our 3rd and 6th defensive series.

I thought we should have mined a Mike from the portal. And wouldn't be upset if we did this off season (Kobe is a little penalty prone). Particularly if Elsdon moves on.
I'm looking for Robinson to be the backup Mike next season. He seems to has the athleticism to be a future star at Mike, although some believe he ends up at DE eventually......

I'd like to see him get some snaps up to his threshold before the season ends.
Robinson's already played in 2 games. He may have played today. It would be a surprise to me if the staff didn't get him the 4 game limit plus the bowl game. But he enrolled early last Winter coming off missing his senior H.S. season and should be ready to contribute going into 2024.

Last edited:
If being 28 points over the spread is "solid" then there's no pleasing you.
I'm pleased. But yes MD gave PSU the last 2 or 3 TD's and MD teams are proned to give up when they are behind. It is what it is. Glad that those that didn't watch the game will see the 51, but MD imploded. PSU won by 36, but did not dominate nearly like they did in the 31-zip win over Iowa. Best part of today's game was Allar's progress, as someone noted above, in a nice road win.

Last edited:
I'm pleased. But yes MD gave PSU the last 2 or 3 TD's and MD teams are proned to give up when they are behind. It is what it is. Glad that those that didn't watch the game will see the 51, but MD imploded. PSU won by 36, but did not dominate nearly like they did in the 31-zip win over Iowa. Best part of today's game was Allar's progress, as someone noted above, in a nice road win.
They were up by 14 points at the half and the only reason Maryland had seven at all was because of a stupid penalty on our part, it could’ve been 21 zero at the half. I call that domination.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
They were up by 14 points at the half and the only reason Maryland had seven at all was because of a stupid penalty on our part, it could’ve been 21 zero at the half. I call that domination.
Yep, nice first half. All teams benefit and get set back by penalties. Just part of the game. But PSU gave up a ton of passing yardage especially considering the MD OL was getting killed by the PSU rush. The PSU DB's had their moments but haven't played their best the last 2 games. And MD imploded. Very nice road win. A much better performance than vs IU. But the 51 was not totally earned as MD imploded in the 4th quarter, turning into a turnover machine. JMO.

Good high school arms are weak B10 arms. He hasn't shown a B10 arm at PSU.

Yes he needs to play more, but has played plenty considering the need at the beginning of the season to get Allar going.
But he always runs. Needs to have a balanced offense.

And afms get weaker when kids join the B2G? Didn’t know that.

Depth player. Don't quite trust Wylie yet. Probably don't want to burn Tamere's RS. We don't play a Mike as often as the Sam/Will.

Just my guesses.
I’d say that’s correct. But in my 40 years of watching Penn state football, of all the players that have seen significant time on the field , he is the worst I’ve witnessed. He’s that bad. It boggles the mind that he’s out there.

And yes I recognize he’s giving it his all and I’m sure he’s a great kid. But he just shouldn’t see the field

Reactions: okinburg1
But he always runs. Needs to have a balanced offense.

And afms get weaker when kids join the B2G? Didn’t know that.
Yep, you don't know that. I don't know what "afms" are either. Everyone here seems to agree that bringing in Pribula just to run around with the ball isn't helping his development as a QB much. And it sure doesn't help the backup WR's and TE's that are in the game with him develop either.

But some QB's do look great in high school and really don't have B10 arms. So far that's what Pribula looks like to me. Hope he has a stronger arm than what he has shown so far. But yes it would be nice if he actually showed it in a game.

Yep, you don't know that. I don't know what "afms" are either. Everyone here seems to agree that bringing in Pribula just to run around with the ball isn't helping his development as a QB much. And it sure doesn't help the backup WR's and TE's that are in the game with him develop either.

But some QB's do look great in high school and really don't have B10 arms. So far that's what Pribula looks like to me. Hope he has a stronger arm than what he has shown so far. But yes it would be nice if he actually showed it in a game.
Most of these throws are 25-30 yards with plenty of zip.

Reactions: JimNazium
Just in case this wasn't covered, PSU exceeded expectations today!

396734973_923671122648072_3204855762962801691_n.jpg

Reactions: NittanyChris
At no point did I ever say I wanted Beau to play. I'm argued that the entire team. I'm also against 2 QBs playing. You need to design your offense around your 5 star QB. Allar's capable of running some to keep teams honest.
Should have said many on the board. You took this post personally? Or did not know where my comment came from?

I’d say that’s correct. But in my 40 years of watching Penn state football, of all the players that have seen significant time on the field , he is the worst I’ve witnessed. He’s that bad. It boggles the mind that he’s out there.

And yes I recognize he’s giving it his all and I’m sure he’s a great kid. But he just shouldn’t see the field

😂 Benfatti says hello.

Should have said many on the board. You took this post personally? Or did not know where my comment came from?
No, I was simply explaining not everyone wanted Beau to play. Most of us that were complaining never indicated we wanted him to play. Allar needs to be the guy and the offense needs to be built around him. Using Beau is basically MY admitting he doesn't know what to do with Allar.

Today's game plan was much better though ignoring Beau. More downfield shots. Just has to stop worrying about keeping Singleton happy and pound Allen

Hell, he has barely thrown anything. Sorry he didn’t throw fifty yard bombs when the plays called are runs and dump offs and don’t allow it.
Why are you "sorry" for him. Is he your son.

That's the whole point. He hasn't shown a B10 arm. So I'm not getting enthused about his ability to do so. Lots of runs to him called. Why? We don't know. But he hasn't shown the type of arm to win lots of games in the B10 and I'm not going to believe that he has until he does so. I don't have to agree with you. Got it?

Last edited:
Why are you "sorry" for him. Is he your son.

That's the whole point. He hasn't shown a B10 arm. So I'm not getting enthused about his ability to do so. Lots of run to him called. Why? We don't know. But he hasn't shown the type of arm to win lots of games in the B10 and I'm not going to believe that he has until he does so. I don't have to agree with you. Got it?
And Levis never threw deep when he was put in. Just run, run, run. You saying he never had a B2G arm?

Reactions: KCLion
And Levis never threw deep when he was put in. Just run, run, run. You saying he never had a B2G arm?
Levis did show a nice arm when he threw, which wasn't often. Which has nothing to do with Pribula. Levis is and was a big strong QB. Pribula is not.

PSU needed a TO. A score on special teams or by the defense but that didn't happen.
A coach that doesn't make bad decisions every big game would help too. Took ten years but I'm done with Franklin. Every big game there are bizarre choices made. Going for 2 in the first half. Going for it on 4th down on your own side of the field with 4.25 to go in a 1 score game with a great defense. Heck he pretty much did the same thing against OSU. How about you learn something. Sorry rant over.

Many of the know-it-alls on here better get over to scUM Board, they're barely beating an awful MD team. MD just scored and it's 29-24.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT