ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Ohi State Game Thread

The one thing that PSU fans can not complain about is the officiating. They were clearly given a 7 point gift on the bogus PI call that nullified the interception. Even MY PSU friends freely admitted that The second 7 point gift on the battle for the ball was not as clear cut as the first call but I did not see enough there to reverse. I would have been fine if it was called a TD on the field but if you take the rule literally of there having to be indisputable evidence to reverse I just did not see it.

That is why you're not a ref and we're sitting in the stands watching

The one thing that PSU fans can not complain about is the officiating. They were clearly given a 7 point gift on the bogus PI call that nullified the interception. Even MY PSU friends freely admitted that The second 7 point gift on the battle for the ball was not as clear cut as the first call but I did not see enough there to reverse. I would have been fine if it was called a TD on the field but if you take the rule literally of there having to be indisputable evidence to reverse I just did not see it.
The refs definitely flagged any contact in the secondary all night on both teams. Like I said, refs weren't going to flag it, but it really was a dumb play by Bosa at the end.

There wasn’t pass interference, it was a hold on the receiver before he got anywhere near the ball.

On your second play the PSU receiver had possession of the ball when he hit the ground. All the wrestling afterwards didn’t matter, the play was dead at that point.

There wasn’t pass interference, it was a hold on the receiver before he got anywhere near the ball.

On your second play the PSU receiver had possession of the ball when he hit the ground. All the wrestling afterwards didn’t matter, the play was dead at that point.

I just watched the replay of the second play that I referred to. Mea Culpa. The tie goes to the receiver.

On the first play you will never convince me that was a penalty on OSU.

I just watched the replay of the second play that I referred to. Mea Culpa. The tie goes to the receiver.

On the first play you will never convince me that was a penalty on OSU.

The penalty was way before the receiver got to the end zone, the defender had a handful of jersey for about 10 yds.

They announced the penalty on the player that intercepted the ball, which obviously was the wrong number of the player that actually committed the hold.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
You seem that anywhere else on the field that may apply, but this is the end zone.. you know once you cross the plane it doesn't matter what happened after. Ergo. He just needed possession for what a second and the replay shows that.

You seem that anywhere else on the field that may apply, but this is the end zone.. you know once you cross the plane it doesn't matter what happened after. Ergo. He just needed possession for what a second and the replay shows that.

In a later post I gave my mea culpa on that one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT