ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Michigan Game Thread

Need new coordinators...

Rahne will likely stay since he’s only been here a year.

Pry needs to go!

Damn, Trace's throw goes thru Bowers' hands, for an INT. Trace's throw was a tad high, and a tad behind the TE, but you have to catch those.

In fairness TM made a lot of bad throws throughout the game. That one should have been caught no doubt though.

Rahne may not be worse than JVP Jr....... but he’s battling hard for the Crown.

CJF has done soooo many very good things at PSU, but he did make one FUBAR.
There is a reason he was demoted when Moorhead came in.

Promoting Rahne was a disaster waiting to happen...... Hopefully he doesn’t spin his wheels long before addressing that error.
There aren’t good OC’s falling out of the trees to be picked up, but there is pretty much nowhere to go but up - and no reason to rot with Rahne.
Throwing a pass ten years over the head of a wr at a call time didn't help

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Tommy missed a third to half the season with an injury. That limits what you can learn.

And I don't know of any team where the no. 2 gets the same work as the no. 1.

I've always thought that the #1 and #2 would alternate snaps in practice, and that the big practice gap was between the #2 and #3 QBs. At least that's what I thought they were doing when I was on campus, but that was many decades ago when we had JVP. We also added to the playbook every week back then. Haven't seen much evidence of this with the current coaches and offense.

Would Josh Gattis have been the choice had he not chosen Rahne?
He had absolutely zero experience as an OC. The bigger question is did Franklin allow his "most valuable employee" to leave the program?

Being a successful CEO is a lot about having an unwavering vision of success and recognizing and training the best employees to hopefully succeed you. That's rather difficult to do when you, as CEO, don't know how to train employees.

Reactions: ftlpsu
Just for you.

pappy-van-winkle-family-reserve-20-year-old-bourbon-2004_1.jpg

Since you're buying, nothing but 23 YO will do for our friend step.:)

The only way PSU had a chance to be competitive, and possibly win, in this game was to play a complete game. Minimize/eliminate drops/missed tackles, no special teams gaffes, no turnovers, etc. They did very little of that and therefore the result is not that shocking.

On the road, in a hostile environment, you can't have your QB at less than 100%, throw a pick 6, commit a penalty on a crucial early special teams play that should have been a TD and expect to win.

Win out, win the bowl game and move forward to a bright future.

He had absolutely zero experience as an OC. The bigger question is did Franklin allow his "most valuable employee" to leave the program?

Being a successful CEO is a lot about having an unwavering vision of success and recognizing and training the best employees to hopefully succeed you.

That's not Emperor Franklin.
There have been several threads about what the biggest loss was from last year. Perhaps the decision to promote Rahne and lose Gattis in the process resulted in ALMOST as big a loss as Moorhead. Just speculating of course.

The only way PSU had a chance to be competitive, and possibly win, in this game was to play a complete game. Minimize/eliminate drops/missed tackles, no special teams gaffes, no turnovers, etc. They did very little of that and therefore the result is not that shocking.

On the road, in a hostile environment, you can't have your QB at less than 100%, throw a pick 6, commit a penalty on a crucial early special teams play that should have been a TD and expect to win.

Trace sliding for a close first down (that we didn't get - debatable as to whether or not he got it) was a big indicator that he's not 100%. He would normally finish that run. That said, you're totally right. Sadly, I do not think Michigan is that much better than PSU from a talent perspective. They just have it where it counts (DL). Their O is butt.

Appreciate your optimism....

Since you're buying, nothing but 23 YO will do for our friend step.:)

OT: Heard anything over 9 years is pure indulgence on the part of the bottler; I don't know that I have the palette to tell the difference.

still think it's better to get blown out than to lose a close one?

didn't think so

There have been several threads about what the biggest loss was from last year. Perhaps the decision to promote Rahne and lose Gattis in the process resulted in ALMOST as big a loss as Moorhead. Just speculating of course.

What we can say is that Rahne has not built anything. All of the offense we see was installed by Moorhead. Last year we saw halftime adjustments. This year.....nothing. Rahne sucks

Trace sliding for a close first down (that we didn't get - debatable as to whether or not he got it) was a big indicator that he's not 100%. He would normally finish that run. That said, you're totally right. Sadly, I do not think Michigan is that much better than PSU from a talent perspective. They just have it where it counts (DL). Their O is butt.
Did you watch that game? Michigan has better talent and sadly, better coaching.

I hope you're not sulking after this loss. It is what it is.

Time to move on to next week and see what Emperor Franklin scheme's to do against Wisky. We're going to learn a lot next week as to the "desire" of this team.

I actually think Clifford is the answer at QB, but I'm in the minority.

still think it's better to get blown out than to lose a close one?

didn't think so

Either way, I'd prefer if we came to play and didn't look like a second tier Sun Belt team.

Did you watch that game? Michigan has better talent and sadly, better coaching.

Yes, I did. Outside of the DL, I don't think they have that much more talent (if at all). They're basically the same team we stomped last year. We did lose key players, but Sanders, Friermuth, Hamler, etc. should be solid enough to at least not hurt the team.

When was the last time they had a two year starter at QB? Better coaching? Maybe you're on to something....

I hope you're not sulking after this loss. It is what it is.

Time to move on to next week and see what Emperor Franklin scheme's to do against Wisky. We're going to learn a lot next week as to the "desire" of this team.

I actually think Clifford is the answer at QB, but I'm in the minority.
Me? Sulking? Not a chance PPB. The better team won today. What can you say? PSU needed to do everything right today to win. They did not. Beat those Cheeseheads! Love what I saw of Clifford's high school film and how his coach described him. Sure threw some nice balls when he had his chance earlier this year. He might not be fast, but he's crafty.

Are you referring to Gattis?
I hope you don't think a coach can stop an OC from leaving for a HC job.

I don’t understand why anyone would expect us th play a complete game. We haven’t done that all year. Maybe we aren’t that good.

Reactions: A2Nit and Mufasa2
I'm not even pissed about the defense. Can you blame them for crumbling in the 2nd half? They were totally worn out due to the inept offense that has been struggling most of the year. They show up each week without any new wrinkles to off set the strengths of the defense. Did you really think the zone read with Sanders was going to work? That was comical and even Herbie commented on it. No imagination or creativity on offense whatsoever.

Listen, this team is not mature. A few guys should not be out there still at this point. Win out, head to Fl for a bowl game and make a run next year. UM was clearly better along both lines. They will beat tOSU this year and has a legit shot for the playoff. They whooped PSU, plain and simple. Tip your cap, regroup and finish ranked. Get some momentum for next year.

Yes, I did. Outside of the DL, I don't think they have that much more talent (if at all). They're basically the same team we stomped last year. We did lose key players, but Sanders, Friermuth, Hamler, etc. should be solid enough to at least not hurt the team.

When was the last time they had a two year starter at QB? Better coaching? Maybe you're on to something....
Their OL and WR are better than ours on offense and the LB are better as well

I .would say their LB's are much better and their Oline possibly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT