ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Michigan Game Thread

He scored a meaningless TD against a D that took its foot off the gas. Doubt how that will give him any confidence for next year.
BS..They didn't tale the foot off the gas they were trying like crazy for the shutout...Starters in, Challenging an obvious first down catch.

BS..They didn't tale the foot off the gas they were trying like crazy for the shutout...Starters in, Challenging an obvious first down catch.

they blitz once on last drive.. weather coaches and players admit it, they played with less intensity.

Offensive offense

I don't know what is exactly wrong with the offense this year, but

1) QB play has regressed.
2) WR drops.
3) Miscues.
4) Cannot sustain drives.
5) Lack of swagger.

This Michigan defense is dominant, but this pattern has been ongoing for the past few games. The OL and running game seemed to be improving, but the passing game has regressed.

I don't know if Rahne is a good coordinator or not; some of his calls have worked out, some have been poorly executed; and he hasn't been able to make adjustments like JoeMo.

The good news is that the young WRs are good and Friermuth is playing well as a freshman. With the exception of the horrible INT, Stevens and Clifford have looked good. With all the talent returning, I hope the problem isn't Rahne.

Franklin has indicated that there is usually massive improvement in the coaches's second year, so let's hope that is the case with Rahne and his offensive staff. I do hope that is isn't John Donovan, part deux.

Same with special teams.

Reactions: TheGLOV
The D has been on the field forever the last 3 or 4 games. It has been a problem with the offense that has been either quick strike or 3 and out. The offense needs to help out the D.
Unfortunately not much “quick strike” recently

Let the venting begin. The airing of grievances. Festivus for the rest of us.
Not to you, but I was amazed that we never defensed the QB keep off the option. Not 1 time did we stop that play. I know we are young but that was our biggest issue on D. QB got so many key 1st downs on that play and we never adjusted. I really think the D played pretty well for most part. M's time of possession was 38 minutes. WOW

Not to you, but I was amazed that we never defensed the QB keep off the option. Not 1 time did we stop that play. I know we are young but that was our biggest issue on D. QB got so many key 1st downs on that play and we never adjusted. I really think the D played pretty well for most part. M's time of possession was 38 minutes. WOW
Yes. It was a bad sign the way Toney bit on the first TD and nobody was home. Too easy.

Are you here to air your grievances?

Not in the way others here will because I hate myself most of all. Every time I look at the PSU diploma on the wall:

sad-man-sitting-couch-home-side-view-hand-head-living-room-83798202.jpg

He scored a meaningless TD against a D that took its foot off the gas. Doubt how that will give him any confidence for next year.
It has nothing to do with next year - they will be 2 very different teams and I think we will have the upper hand.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Our revenge tour starts next year - I hope we drop a 100 on them. These are 2 teams at different junctures - they are today where we were last year. The future will be bright for us. Herbie and Fowler are 2 of the biggest assclowns I think I have ever heard.

You’re all over the place with emotions. You need to stop posting and have a beer.

Not to get political here, but I just caught a commercial here in New Jersey that was anti-Bob Menendez. At one point it said “TOXIC BOB”. So fitting.

I hate me.

Reactions: paws1957 and Ski
Thankfully, with losses such as this embarrassment, the reign of Emperor Franklin is gradually coming to a close.

It's Rhule Time :cool:

Not with the starters in....put in the backups and play is straight up! Challenging a call that was CLEARLY not even close is just PRICKISH!

It was like Urban challenging a 4th down spot when they blew us out in 2013. But JH is much more of an asshole, so it’s more irritating.

Rahne may not be worse than JVP Jr....... but he’s battling hard for the Crown.

CJF has done soooo many very good things at PSU, but he did make one FUBAR.
There is a reason he was demoted when Moorhead came in.

Promoting Rahne was a disaster waiting to happen...... Hopefully he doesn’t spin his wheels long before addressing that error.
There aren’t good OC’s falling out of the trees to be picked up, but there is pretty much nowhere to go but up - and no reason to rot with Rahne.
Would Josh Gattis have been the choice had he not chosen Rahne?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT