ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Kent St. Game Thread

2jfg4yq.jpg

It amazes me how these announcers who get paid bat loads of money to do these games don't even know the rules. Busting on McGovern about moving because the DL didn't touch him and PSU got a break. Its been yrs since that rule has been in place and OL have been taught to jump if the DL enters the neutral zone.

How do you have 3rd and 2, get an offsides penalty, yet still have 3rd and 2?

I must have missed something.

It amazes me how these announcers who get paid bat loads of money to do these games don't even know the rules. Busting on McGovern about moving because the DL didn't touch him and PSU got a break. Its been yrs since that rule has been in place and OL have been taught to jump if the DL enters the neutral zone.

McGovern very smart on that play.

Reactions: harjeff
We still have back 7 problems on defense. How do they get three guys out there for that WR screen and still only our cornerback is anywhere near the ball? 38 playing safety but I would have expected a linebacker to get out there. OSU will pick us apart if we don't line up better.

Temple leads Maryland 14-0
Troy leads Nebraska 10-0
Pitt leads Georgia Tech 14-0
Kansas leads Rutgers 24-7

I don't know. McGovern's move was so late that it could have easily been called the other way. No way the defender "caused" him to move. Not even sure he was still in the neutral zone when 66 moved.

He was delayed, but I'm sure they are coached to do so. As many offsides as have been called, the money says you risk it.

One thing that appears evident to me is that Penn State has superior team speed compared to Kent. Things didn’t used to be this way looking back 15 years or so.

Temple leads Maryland 14-0
Troy leads Nebraska 10-0
Pitt leads Georgia Tech 14-0
Kansas leads Rutgers 24-7

Saw Frost interviewed before the game and he strikes me as a whiner. Complained that they beat themselves last week instead of crediting Colorado and said what he wanted to see today was 'a win any way possible'. Hope they lose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT