ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Kent St. Game Thread

Thorpe is going to be a beast for us sooner than later. Combo block and crushed a LB on the big run by Thomas.

Reactions: NedFromYork
These Officials are really lame with their bullshit! I'm glad CJF kept running plays rather than take a knee - the lame Officials asked for that one with their ridiculous calls designed to wipe out PSU plays, TD, etc...

The OL looks a lot better than last year. I think if the defense can slow down OSU and Wiscy to 28-35 points and our starting wrs minimize the drops, this team has a higher ceiling than last year.

Not convinced of this at all. Our OL has not yet faced a dominant defensive line. And based on what we've seen to date, I don't think our defense could hold OSU to under 40 unless we benefit from turnovers. (We'll know more tonight.) Hopefully the whiteout crowd can have an impact.

Our offense relies on the big play downfield. Long, sustained drives will be what we need to keep better offenses off the field.

Kent State obviously cannot match up with our skill players, hence the lopsided score. But they are only part of the team. Football is about match ups.

Reactions: Ski
Illinois.....Illinois.....Illinois.....Illinois.

And remember Kent State should have beaten Illinois two weeks ago.

Reactions: fairgambit
Illinois.....Illinois.....Illinois.....Illinois.

And remember Kent State should have beaten Illinois two weeks ago.

Is it too early to announce your Illinois game open house?

5348483_orig.jpg.cf.jpg

#20 J Thomas - strong runner

he is not the fastest of the runners, but can run with power. might give him some looks in short yardage plays.

any sign of Journey Brown yet? i thought he might have been in on a KO.

41 Rushing Yards for Kent State

While a decent chunk of that total was almost certainly negative yardage from sacks, but still a nice showing for the run defense unit.

Reactions: NedFromYork
#20 J Thomas - strong runner
he is not the fastest of the runners, but can run with power. might give him some looks in short yardage plays.

any sign of Journey Brown yet? i thought he might have been in on a KO.

Happy Thomas is getting a chance. I echo the thought of using him in short yardage. I just hope that Journey Brown doesn't have to wait as long to get his first touchdown....

Not convinced of this at all. Our OL has not yet faced a dominant defensive line. And based on what we've seen to date, I don't think our defense could hold OSU to under 40 unless we benefit from turnovers. (We'll know more tonight.) Hopefully the whiteout crowd can have an impact.

Our offense relies on the big play downfield. Long, sustained drives will be what we need to keep better offenses off the field.

Kent State obviously cannot match up with our skill players, hence the lopsided score. But they are only part of the team. Football is about match ups.

Y-A-W-N !

Happy Thomas is getting a chance. I echo the thought of using him in short yardage. I just hope that Journey Brown doesn't have to wait as long to get his first touchdown....

Who the hell is Happy Thomas?

He doesn't know...… he's has never been invited to one! Perhaps you could be the one who invites him?

Some people think the game thread is for remote cheering. Some think it is part of a forum to express opinions -- good and bad. The two types of posters obviously don't mix well. Frankly, I would not want to party with the likes of Bushwood. Maybe you would be OK with that. To each his own.

I was not thrilled with some of the things I saw today despite the stats and scoring. I think a lot of improvement is needed to be competitive with the elite teams. We'll see.

Reactions: sluggo72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT