ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD - THE WHITE OUT -- Penn State vs. Iowa

The only thing that matters is the number in the loss column. If you want to say it’s bad because now ND is more likely to get a slot sure. But that’s it.
Ignoring the impact of how Ohio State is viewed when considering us for a playoff spot shouldn't be happening.

In college football you alway want the teams on your schedule to beat a team they play that isn't on your schedule. If you want to root for Maryland against Ohio State that's somewhat logical but if you want what is best for Penn State then you hope Ohio State somehow pulls this off. If not, we better run the table.

It devalues us beating Ohio State. If we lose to Ohio State it makes the loss worse. Nothing benefits us by Ohio State losing. You can't expect us to go 12-0 given our recent lack of success against Michigan and Ohio State. If Ohio State loses I won't lose any sleep over it but I know it's horrible for us and hurts our playoff chances.
I get that. I am only thinking in terms of getting a team out of the way because we don't need a 3 way tie. I'm not sure how much it matters "who" beats them.

We have to determine what a 2 way tie with Michigan will mean.

I get that. I am only thinking in terms of getting a team out of the way because we don't need a 3 way tie. I'm not sure how much it matters "who" beats them.

We have to determine what a 2 way tie with Michigan will mean.
It's still a three way tie. Only conference games matter.

In college football you alway want the teams on your schedule to beat a team they play that isn't on your schedule. If you want to root for Maryland against Ohio State that's somewhat logical but if you want what is best for Penn State then you hope Ohio State somehow pulls this off. If not, we better run the table.

False. Pitt beating us in 2016 benefitted osu far more than Penn state beating Pitt would have.

This has been beautiful to watch.

Once our D settles in, it's lights out.

We lost 2 games and that was a battel between two teams. This won't be.

It eliminates osu from the playoffs in the hypothetical of the 3 way tie in conference.

Moot now. Look forward to being on the outside looking in again with 1 loss this season while 1 loss osu goes.

It eliminates osu from the playoffs in the hypothetical of the 3 way tie in conference.

Moot now. Look forward to being on the outside looking in again with 1 loss this season while 1 loss osu goes.
Ideally we and Michigan now beat them but we needed ND to lose far more than it would have benefited us from Ohio State losing. It's just common sense.

I’m looking forward to reading the stats in the AM.
Well done PSU! 💙🤍💙🤍

I still worry about the 3 way tie. Really need 1 of OSU or Michigan to lose against someone other than us.
I'm confused. Why do you keep pretending this game mattered for that? Even if Ohio State lost today that has no impact on the tiebreaker and we still wouldn't get in because NW likely doesn't win a conference game.

They just did so we will both be undefeated when we meet in Columbus barring some disaster.

Reactions: LandoComando
Ideally we and Michigan now beat them but we needed ND to lose far more than it would have benefited us from Ohio State losing. It's just common sense.

Ideally we just win out. More likely is that we all finish with 1 loss. And then we are out.

Reactions: tlbakernc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT