ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling NCAA Bracket Reveal Thread

See post #107.
I did, that's the problem, it's not a direct link, tournament isn't even listed there. We're still several clicks away. Why not just put it front and center on the main page? -- Instead, there's loads of bracket reactions but no simple link to the bracket.

Crazy as this may sound, I kinda like Bartletts draw. If he gets to round 2, I’m not entirely disappointed he draws Sasso next. Sasso not exactly one that lights things up. If Beau chooses neautral instead of going down, I could see a one point match in the third and anything can happen from there.

This is coach-speak that I've never understood.

The best way to score team points is to win your weight. The next best way is to finish 2nd.

Of course only 20 guys can do that. For everyone else, the best way to make hay in wrestlebacks is to stay out of them for as long as possible.
3 through 8 happen in consi's. That's a lot of points. PSU was fortunate to have enough horses to win with mostly finalists a couple times, more often they've needed those consi wins.

To expand on your post, every win after round 2 in the championship bracket allows a wrestler to move two rounds in wrestlebacks. It is an advantage, no doubt.

Last edited:
3 through 8 happen in consi's. That's a lot of points. PSU was fortunate to have enough horses to win with mostly finalists a couple times, mostly they've needed those consi wins.
I get that, but 7 and 8 don't happen if you make the semis.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
The key here is the Michigan vs Iowa matches, which is the break we needed to counter early exits at 25, 49, and 57. Our hammers need to bonus and they need to bonus all the way to quarters, then we need to make dollar bills in the blood round and backside. We also don't need to see Michigan wrestle 19 miles over their heads like they did in Lincoln.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Crazy as this may sound, I kinda like Bartletts draw. If he gets to round 2, I’m not entirely disappointed he draws Sasso next. Sasso not exactly one that lights things up. If Beau chooses neautral instead of going down, I could see a one point match in the third and anything can happen from there.
Agree here. Sammy is the best possible match for him. His .5 shots per match might actually work if he ups it to 1 and the 1 is that blast double he lost about 15 months ago.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Interesting that you say that. Had exactly the same thought when first seeing the brackets. Long shot maybe, but weirder things have happened at NCAA's. Can't overlook Realbuto though. Must get by him first.

Seeding for 133
giphy.gif

Of our 16 seeds, I see a path for Berge. It's a bit harder for Hildebrandt, but we didn't see his best at B1G's.

For Hildebrandt, winning or losing to Noto makes little difference unless he goes on to beat Suriano. More likely, he gets one of Teske or Surtin in consi's. A Surtin match-up, on paper, appears an easier path, after which anything can happen.

Reactions: WreslingFan0314
Brackets are here...

Frankly, I don't see anything horrible. I don't quite understand the DeSanto thing, and will look at the brackets closer in the next several days, but overall not bad.

One thing missed by many (not all of you of course) is the fact that most of the hay is made in wrestlebacks. Keeping that in mind, one has to break down more than just the championship bracket.
I look forward to your breakdown by weight for PSU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT