ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling NCAA Bracket Reveal Thread

Are the top seeds in each weight class announced in advance today as they have in the past?
Apparently not. I sorta liked that early release. It started at noon or 1pm (can't remember), and the NCAA released one weight class every half hour, finishing prior to the bracket show.

Reactions: tbay165
When Adam bit into the apple, he didn’t make weight.

Good lord, if Iowa doesnt get great seeds their great knowledgeable fan base will need federal aid for help with PTSD. They already have went down the rabbit hole after big tens.

The Lord understands if you pay attention to the brackets. God loves tough wrestling!
I'm not a theist, but as the story goes, Jacob wrestled an angel. It has not yet been confirmed whether it was Angel Rivera. Angel is unbeaten against Beau ... I mean Jacob. In the image below, he looks rather big for the weight and is driving his opponent out of bounds for a certain stalling call. Perhaps one that will DQ his opponent ... forever.

Jacob wrestling with the angel - Wikipedia

Full brackets up on Track
Hildebrandt - 16
RBY - 1
Lee - 1
Bartlett - 13 (Would have No. 4 Sasso R2)
Berge - 16 (Another horrible draw, Carr R2)
Starocci - 1 (Tough draw with Labriola the 8. Hidlay and Kemerer 4/5)
Brooks - 2 (Amine the 1, Hidlay the 3)
Dean - 1 (Aiello/Norfleet R2, then Deprez/Caffey likely and Brucki/Nino the 4/5)
Kerk - 4 (Hendrickson the 5, Parris the 7 behind Wood, which is absurd)

Reactions: backdrft76
Marinelli gets a very good draw IMO ... Kharchla or Griffith at the 6 was the nightmare scenario for him. Think he matches up pretty well with O'Toole also.

Hard to believe he dropped to 5. I think he takes 3rd regardless.
He lost to the returning national champ twice and the returning runner-up once, by what a total of 5 points. That certainly encourages people to seek tough competition.
The CFP committee is apparently practicing by providing the wrestling committee guidance.
Me bitching about an Iowa seed does not count as a PSU fan crying tears.

How many more times does Berge have to dominate Young before he can be seeded close to him?

Reactions: diggerpup
the NCAA could screw up a bikini car wash....some of these are so odd

the true story of this championship, i think, will be how things shake out on the backside. Its going to be Wild
The backside was always going to play a role, but 5 PSU guys in the finals is a helluva foundation to build upon.

Full brackets up on Track
Hildebrandt - 16
RBY - 1
Lee - 1
Bartlett - 13 (Would have No. 4 Sasso R2)
Berge - 16 (Another horrible draw, Carr R2)
Starocci - 1 (Tough draw with Labriola the 8. Hidlay and Kemerer 4/5)
Brooks - 2 (Amine the 1, Hidlay the 3)
Dean - 1 (Aiello/Norfleet R2, then Deprez/Caffey likely and Brucki/Nino the 4/5)
Kerk - 4 (Hendrickson the 5, Parris the 7 behind Wood, which is absurd)

If Assad is able to win his first round match, AB awaits in the second. @johnstownsteel @js8793

Last edited:
I would take Bolen over Assad but I hope it's Assad. Bolen is a very annoying second round draw, almost impossible to bonus and tends to keep it close with anyone.

Reactions: railbirrd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT