ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling NCAA Bracket Reveal Thread

2 key matches (assuming Brady loses to Carr):

Young/Lewan - cheer for young (given Iowa’s injuries at key weights I think they’ll be less of a factor

Brady gets loser and can send one home quick with 1 more win for AA after that

Winner gets Carr anyway the round after BB
But just suppose Brady beats Carr....you never know..things happen.

• Wow
Reactions: diggerpup
I have not looked at brackets in detail. Just reading the comments. I think the seeds our wrestlers got are pretty fair. The one issue I have is what seed they gave Hildy. Once he started the season and got a few matches in he was top 10. In addition he is a returning AA. Sure he wrestled a bad first match. He caught a bad draw where he hit a kid that is maybe top 5 in the country in wrestlebacks. I just don't think he should of dropped to 16. If he was dinged it almost makes you wonder if he would have been better to take MMF against McKee. I was wondering what some thoughts are from the guys that know the dynamics of what the seeding committee looks at ???

I love me some Brady Berge but he isn't beating David Carr. Carr is an attack mode wrestler who rarely gives up short offense takedowns. Carr had a close match with Robb, but having watched it up close I would predict a Carr MD if they should meet again. I also haven't seen anything that makes me think Deakin will present Carr too tough of a time. Score will be close but the match won't. Carr has all of the tools much like Brooks. Speed,great mat awareness,and a big tank.

Wake me up when Bartlett does something of importance in a match.

At least Jimmy Gulibon shot once in a while.

Hoping Beau figures it out for NCAAs.
Seems like a nice kid.
Tough kid.
Good family.
The whole bit.
-JVP
Like Jimmy, I keep thinking Beau will have a big breakthrough moment and finally realize his potential and end up as an AA. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen it yet, but I guess there is still time.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
Do you think Parris is the same guy as last year? If so, that means Kerk is quite a bit better since he beat him twice this year. And if Kerk is that much better then Cass must have improved a lot to beat Kerk twice. But you guys only use last years results when it helps you? I’m confused.
Until one can beat Gable who really GAF.

Two things stand out to me:

Berge and Hildebrandt have really challenging backsides early on, especially Hild. I still think Berge can AA but most likely isn't beating Carr so he's going to have to defeat a top ten opponent just to make it to the round of 12.

Penn State has the potential to score a lot of bonus points. Those five 1 seeds really set them up nicely and Kerk is in a really good position as well. Those six guys can win this tournament by themselves.

Last edited:
Why is everyone crying about Berge’s draw? Carr got the bad draw. Most upsets happen early. This is one to keep an eye on. Berge is totally capable of beating Carr. Keep it close and look for a late counter takedown. Carr will take the shots.
Only bad part is I would have liked to root for Carr as long as possible- like right up to the finals when I then obviously will be pulling for Brady. Now, I can just hope Carr has a great run on the backside!

Assuming Carr beats Berge, one of young, Lewan or berge will not make it to the blood round
This is correct assuming they all win their first round match. If one loses first round and another loses in the 2nd round that puts them on opposite side of the consi’s

Last edited:
Wake me up when Bartlett does something of importance in a match.

At least Jimmy Gulibon shot once in a while.

Hoping Beau figures it out for NCAAs.
Seems like a nice kid.
Tough kid.
Good family.
The whole bit.
-JVP
I'd be thrilled if Beau beats VanBrill in a tiebreaker Friday morning wrestlebacks by winning the coin flip, deferring, riding out VanBrill, then taking neutral and running away for 30 secs!

I'd be thrilled if Beau beats VanBrill in a tiebreaker Friday morning wrestlebacks by winning the coin flip, deferring, riding out VanBrill, then taking neutral and running away for 30 secs!
Did matter approve this?

Do you think Parris is the same guy as last year? If so, that means Kerk is quite a bit better since he beat him twice this year. And if Kerk is that much better then Cass must have improved a lot to beat Kerk twice. But you guys only use last years results when it helps you? I’m confused.
I think Kerk is better, Parris is worse and Cass is to a degree still learning how to work with this new physique. Kerk is really quick getting to a leg and it seems like when he gets a leg more times than not he gets a TD. I still like Cass against both but Kerk seems the tougher option at this point.

I love me some Brady Berge but he isn't beating David Carr. Carr is an attack mode wrestler who rarely gives up short offense takedowns. Carr had a close match with Robb, but having watched it up close I would predict a Carr MD if they should meet again. I also haven't seen anything that makes me think Deakin will present Carr too tough of a time. Score will be close but the match won't. Carr has all of the tools much like Brooks. Speed,great mat awareness,and a big tank.
Brooks doesn't have a big tank. We saw that Sunday.

Two things stand out to me:

Berge and Hildebrandt have really challenging backsides early on, especially Hild. I still think Berge can AA but most likely isn't beating Carr so he's going to have to defeat a top ten opponent just to make it to the round of 12.

Penn State has the potential to score a lot of bonus points. Those five 1 seeds really set them up nicely and Kerk is in a really good position as well. Those six guys can win this tournament by themselves.
Aaron's a 1-seed in my mind/heart too, assuming that's the reason you said five 1 seeds. :)

Reactions: Flying_Tiger
So to clarify, we are $10 for whoever finishes higher between Young and Berge and then another $10 per match for every H2H PSU vs. Iowa. Does that sound correct? :)
Correct, and as it turns out, (assuming both win 1st match) if Carr beats them both the HTH between BB and KY will immediately determine who finishes higher lol.

How bout $25 on team score?

Lets donate to the WC’s this time?

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
I feel like Nick is looking forward to it personally.
Concur WildTurk. Not a big fan of Nick's, especially after watching the oddball way he was acting at B10s, but I don't think he is the least bit worried about who he faces unless/until he and Vito meet in the finals.

ADVERTISEMENT