ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling NCAA Bracket Reveal Thread

I don’t think anyone is out to get PSU. I think, in the effort to create mathematical fairness, seeding has gotten lost in mathematics and we need to bring human reason back into it.
My first reaction is always one of disgust when they first come out. Then, the longer into the evening and the more I dig into the brackets it always seems I cheer up and things actually look ok for PSU.

My first reaction is always one of disgust when they first come out. Then, the longer into the evening and the more I dig into the brackets it always seems I cheer up and things actually look ok for PSU.
I was typing a “Berge can beat Carr” post, but decided to not click the Post button cause, you know, Carr has won like 41 in a row. But he’s rarely tested and I do think a healthy, rested, fresh and motivated Berge can beat him.

I was typing a “Berge can beat Carr” post, but decided to not click the Post button cause, you know, Carr has won like 41 in a row. But he’s rarely tested and I do think a healthy, rested, fresh and motivated Berge can beat him.
I’m not counting him out. It’s all about how these guys matchup. I think Cael will have him peaking so let er rip Brady.

Reactions: mcpat
Berge CAN beat Carr, but I wouldn't exactly put money on that he WILL. Regardless, I think he definitely has a better shot at Carr than Deakin.

If Brady beats David Carr, it's game over, we just got another champ lol.

Reactions: crockster
Why is everyone crying about Berge’s draw? Carr got the bad draw. Most upsets happen early. This is one to keep an eye on. Berge is totally capable of beating Carr. Keep it close and look for a late counter takedown. Carr will take the shots.
I’m not. Peyton Robb took Carr into SV this year for crying out loud. I’m definitely not counting out Brady.

Why is everyone crying about Berge’s draw? Carr got the bad draw. Most upsets happen early. This is one to keep an eye on. Berge is totally capable of beating Carr. Keep it close and look for a late counter takedown. Carr will take the shots.
I was just thinking this after looking over Carr's matches this year. He's not Gable or Yianni, he's beatable. And, Berge came back to win this whole thing, not just AA.

Berge will keep this match close and certainly has a good shot to steal it -- really depends on which Berge shows up in the match, the one that fully commits to a few good shots & finishes or the one that wrestled Lewan who was content just to tap his ankles and thighs a bunch of times w/ half shots.

Carr went to sudden victory with Robb and had close matches with several others. I know he won it last year. I know he’s won 41 in a row. I guess I just don’t see him as untouchable. When he wrestles a top 12ish guy, it’s a decision and when it’s a decision, anything can happen. His schedule just isn’t the same as a Big Ten Schedule.

Reactions: psudotedu
I was just thinking this after looking over Carr's matches this year. He's not Gable or Yianni, he's beatable. And, Berge came back to win this whole thing, not just AA.

Berge will keep this match close and certainly has a good shot to steal it -- really depends on which Berge shows up in the match, the one that fully commits to a few good shots & finishes or the one that wrestled Lewan who was content just to tap his ankles and thighs a bunch of times w/ half shots.
What he said.

Is this where I should go over to HR and tell them everyone on BWI is predicting Berge over Carr? 😂😂
Sure. Go tell them I said it. I miss them laughing at me to be honest. And it may even bring Brady some good mojo cuz it always seems that after they are done laughing at me, they then begin to realize I actually ended up being right. :)

Sure. Go tell them I said it. I miss them laughing at me to be honest. And it may even bring Brady some good mojo cuz it always seems that after they are done laughing at me, they then begin to realize I actually ended up being right. :)
I was leaning towards, as soon as they collectively babble some sort of stupid dismissive shit it comes back and bites them in ass. Over and over and over.

I'm telling you Brands owns Carl and as soon as Taylor and Ruth graduate you will see. It isn't like the cheating SOB can coach.

Amazing to me that we were all so worried about Brady just being able to make the cut yet its this year that he has shown his best gas tank throughout his entire career.

Shout out to wrestlestat that we can all pound our chest and post about how Robb took Carr to SV. Cause we don’t know that without wrestlestat.
Actually, that was a match that was discussed on several boards when it went down. I first saw the result on HR to honest.

Reactions: mcpat
Pass me that pipe my friend I need what your smoking lol. Seriously though I'm loving the hell out of a Berge upset but my heart is pounding just thinking about nationals. I'm nervous I usually end up laughing at myself late Saturday night but getting there sucks

Reactions: PD4thespawn
I wonder if they have some time spent working out together with Carr in area visiting AB and his brother. Could be even more reason he’d be able to keep it close.

looks like Hildebrandt might get McKee again in his 2nd match on the backside…

I'm seeing it likely being Teske or Surtin, whether he wins or loses his first match. What am I missing?
- I see it. That would be if he won his first match, he'd get Teske/Surtin and then McKee/Schroder.

Last edited:
Reactions: nerfstate
Crazy as this may sound, I kinda like Bartletts draw. If he gets to round 2, I’m not entirely disappointed he draws Sasso next. Sasso not exactly one that lights things up. If Beau chooses neautral instead of going down, I could see a one point match in the third and anything can happen from there.
Wake me up when Bartlett does something of importance in a match.

At least Jimmy Gulibon shot once in a while.

Hoping Beau figures it out for NCAAs.
Seems like a nice kid.
Tough kid.
Good family.
The whole bit.
-JVP

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT