ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits postseason is underway

AAA quarters:
- 139 Weiss lost, discussed earlier
- 139 Perry dec Reihner 9-3. Next vs Campbell. They've never met; common results are slightly in Perry's favor.
- 160 Cunningham F Myers 5:20, was up 3-1. Next vs Marlow. They've never met, but common results are heavily in Asher's favor.

R12:
- Weiss MFF loss to Mack.

Reactions: danoftw and ccdiver
AAA quarters:
- 139 Weiss lost, discussed earlier
- 139 Perry dec Reihner 9-3. Next vs Campbell. They've never met; common results are slightly in Perry's favor.
- 160 Cunningham F Myers 5:20, was up 3-1. Next vs Marlow. They've never met, but common results are heavily in Asher's favor.

R12:
- Weiss MFF loss to Mack.
I want to join others who have thanked you for posting information and results. I’m trying to follow on my own, but I struggle to keep up. You fill in the gaps, and it is very much appreciated.

Harer 5-0. Gibson lack of length is going to be an ongoing issue.

giphy.gif

Asher is going to be a pretty good one when he gets in the room? What will be his college weight?
I hope so, but I think it's going to take some time in the room for him.

He needs to develop some offense from neutral. You don't just come into college and start scoring from top. Not even Zain did that until his 3rd year.

The good news is that he is only a junior HS and has about 4 years to do that.

He needs to develop some offense from neutral. You don't just come into college and start scoring from top. Not even Zain did that until his 3rd year.

Wouldn't be shocked if he is taking a greyshirt and redshirt approach.

Nice thing is Asher has been brought along very slowly overall, don't believe he wrestles year round right now. His mom's muscles are coming in though which is why he's a nightmare on top. He'll have to adjust his defense a bit as well since he puts himself in neutral danger a ton which isn't a thing in HS.

All in all, potential is sky high and I'm very excited for him.

Reactions: WEAREPSU_LI
Had to laugh at him ALMOST grabbing the foot to complete the bow and arrow last night in the semi.
I wonder where he learned THAT.

Ed Ruth really was a freak of nature.

Two recruits in the PIAAA Finals:
139: Dalton Perry (Central Mountain) vs. Maddox Shaw (Thomas Jefferson)
160: Asher Cunningham (State College) vs. Ryan Garvick (Central Dauphin)

Reactions: backdrft76
Wouldn't be shocked if he is taking a greyshirt and redshirt approach.

Nice thing is Asher has been brought along very slowly overall, don't believe he wrestles year round right now. His mom's muscles are coming in though which is why he's a nightmare on top. He'll have to adjust his defense a bit as well since he puts himself in neutral danger a ton which isn't a thing in HS.

All in all, potential is sky high and I'm very excited for him.
Nostradamus here...

I see Asher making significant positive impact at Penn State. He just keeps getting better and better and I don't know, his parents seem like they know what they are doing.

Final results:
- Cunningham: 1st at AAA 160
- Perry: 2nd at AAA 139
- Gibson: 4th at AA 133
- Watson: 8th at AA 152
- Weiss: DNP at AAA 139 (MFF in consis)
- Brewer (football commit): DNP at AA 285

Also: Forrest and Bassett obliterated their brackets (AA 127 and AA 139 respectively). Both won by TF in the finals; Forrest avenged his regionals loss with a 15-0 win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT