ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling NCAA Bracket Reveal Thread

The calm before the storm. By 10:00 PM tonight, we will have dissected and beat the crap out of each and every bracket. Multiple brackets will be seen as favorable and unfavorable to our wrestlers. And, as usual, many will play out a lot differently then most of us could predict. Enjoy.

Are the top seeds in each weight class announced in advance today as they have in the past?

Oldest sport, started with Adam and Eve. Darn straight He will inderstand.
Actually, and in all seriousness, you're wrong. Way back in the late 70's, I almost flipped out when I was at the San Diego zoo watching a bunch of orangutans playing. One of the orangutans shot in for an outside single on the other. The second orangutan threw in a whizzer and blocked the first one. Then it proceeded into some kind of funk roll and they got into a scramble. I don't remember which one scored the two points, but I'm not making this up. I really saw this happen. I shook my head thinking that some pencil necked anthropologist that never wrestled could have been studying those guys for days without realizing what they were seeing. If you do a YouTube search for monkeys or apes wrestling, you might find some similar examples.

I am curious how these are seeded
184 (Brooks loss) 197 (Dean get 1 ?) and hwt (can KerK be 3rd slide to 6)

bergee finishing 3rd at BiGs, does he get a top 1/3rd seed ?

wtf happens to Drew at 125

where does BB seed. Hoping gets an easy first round

guessing RBY, Nick Lee and Carter are #1’s??

Nomad says Dean is a lock for the 1, Brooks is looking at the 3 (with Amine at the 1) and Berge will be in the 20s.

Say what you want about Nomad but he knows the formula and just runs them. I think there's been more human manipulation than normal the last 2 years with the lesser matches.

Actually, and in all seriousness, you're wrong. Way back in the late 70's, I almost flipped out when I was at the San Diego zoo watching a bunch of orangutans playing. One of the orangutans shot in for an outside single on the other. The second orangutan threw in a whizzer and blocked the first one. Then it proceeded into some kind of funk roll and they got into a scramble. I don't remember which one scored the two points, but I'm not making this up. I really saw this happen. I shook my head thinking that some pencil necked anthropologist that never wrestled could have been studying those guys for days without realizing what they were seeing. If you do a YouTube search for monkeys or apes wrestling, you might find some similar examples.
But was it a deep whizzer?? 😉

idk if that list was meant to be in order of likelihood
I get why Nomad isn't liked. His character is questionable (and his incident didn't humble him at all), he is a know it all and when he's wrong he just says I was right anyways but humans changed their mind on me. That being said, he is just running formulas in this case and he's nailed them historically doing that.

I get why Nomad isn't liked. His character is questionable (and his incident didn't humble him at all), he is a know it all and when he's wrong he just says I was right anyways but humans changed their mind on me. That being said, he is just running formulas in this case and he's nailed them historically doing that.
and the wiggle room comes from the committee's ability to flip guys if they're within a certain threshold and that is impossible to predict. he's a good resource for seeing the general idea of what the bracket will look like. i find him obnoxious, but numbers are numbers.

I heard he MFF. Something about a rib…
I heard he punched a wall

giphy.gif

I heard he MFF. Something about a rib…
Last year's rumors about Bull proves how easy it is for fake information to spread. How in the world did someone come up with he punched a wall and broke his hand? The other story was he told Brands he just didn't want to wrestle anymore because he wasn't in the champions bracket anymore.

Reactions: johnstownsteel

Gun to my head:

125 - 14
133 - 1
141 - 1
149 - 24
157 - 10
165 - NA
174 - 1
184 - 3
197 - 1
286 - 6 :cool:

Last year's rumors about Bull proves how easy it is for fake information to spread. How in the world did someone come up with he punched a wall and broke his hand? The other story was he told Brands he just didn't want to wrestle anymore because he wasn't in the champions bracket anymore.
About as crazy as “people” saying Zain took roids and stalled on top.

But was it a deep whizzer?? 😉
If, by deep whizzer, do you mean did he have his armpit locked around the other ape's arm? The answer is yes. He actually seemed to know how to block the other ape from making a quick finish. You wouldn't believe how stunned I was when I saw this happen.

Reactions: nitlion6
If, by deep whizzer, do you mean did he have his armpit locked around the other ape's arm? The answer is yes. He actually seemed to know how to block the other ape from making a quick finish. You wouldn't believe how stunned I was when I saw this happen.
Awesome, but I was attempting humor regarding our local rules expert “CJF” and the argument that went on for five pages on this board a couple of weeks ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT