ADVERTISEMENT

Ms. BWI Poll General Discussion and Updates...1/21/2021

• Thread starter anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
  • Start date
I know. But, she no 7 seed. She invented this board!! #casandro(sp?)

Well, I didn't exactly take a lot of time to seed them; that takes way too long. The interesting match ups that resulted from just entering names is pretty fun.

Reactions: Mister Magoo
Alright, took a stab at a 32 contestant Who's the Hottest? tournament style bracket. Before checking it out, these were my considerations:

• Wanted to include 'known' actresses/models/singers/athletes, as in - known to this board.
  • I made zero effort to seed participants - just entered names and came up with some interesting match ups. Will make for some fun voting/discussion I think.
  • Was thinking I would do a couple match ups a week, with a couple of nice photos of each contestant. Will keep polling open for three days per match up. Will enter winners into the bracket and move on; subsequent match-ups will feature new photos of participants.
  • I tried to include 'all time' greats in addition to more current stars; probably missed a few obvious ones from each era.

Anyway, will see how this goes. Could be fun. Any interesting match ups? Who did I miss?

xLPC0t5.png
PatriciaKaraPromo.jpg

Alright, took a stab at a 32 contestant Who's the Hottest? tournament style bracket. Before checking it out, these were my considerations:

• Wanted to include 'known' actresses/models/singers/athletes, as in - known to this board.
  • I made zero effort to seed participants - just entered names and came up with some interesting match ups. Will make for some fun voting/discussion I think.
  • Was thinking I would do a couple match ups a week, with a couple of nice photos of each contestant. Will keep polling open for three days per match up. Will enter winners into the bracket and move on; subsequent match-ups will feature new photos of participants.
  • I tried to include 'all time' greats in addition to more current stars; probably missed a few obvious ones from each era.

Anyway, will see how this goes. Could be fun. Any interesting match ups? Who did I miss?

xLPC0t5.png
My bracket is already busted, and as such, I feel disenfranchised as a voter. I think this tournament is rigged 🤷‍♂️ :cool:

Last edited:
15 vs 18, difficult pick right out of

While I applaud your effort and work ethic, my only suggestion would be to have included more women of color. You are missing some beautiful women.

Polls seem to be dominated by white women, there are some beautiful black and brown skin women or there. Tyra Banks in her hay day would have stimulated some Bob like reactions.

Tyra Banks?

Totally valid criticism; the program I used to create the bracket poll was such that you just type in names and it seeds them accordingly. Using 'actress/model/singer/athlete' as the template, I tried to get a few from each category with the first names that popped into my head (with more effort on selecting stars from the 70s, 80s, and 90s than more contemporary ones) noting I probably leaned more into actresses than any other category. It went by really, really fast with only 32 allowed per bracket noting there were several women who are ‘board favorites’ or who were specifically requested so I tried to include them as much as possible. I am compiling names for the second 32 contenders of this poll and it will be a lot more diverse; the trick is selecting people who are known to the board so there is interest and competition, and outside of a few well known women of color (Tyra Banks, Beyonce, Naomi Campbell, Kerry Washington, Janet Jackson, Vanessa Williams, Padma Lakshmi, Priyanka Chopra, etc.), most would be more current and maybe less known to folks here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BW Lion
Excellent! If you would like an overworked, underpaid, position in Fairgambit Worldwide Enterprises, have your people call my people.

I’ve heard the company shares offices with the Diane Lane unofficial fan club. Could be a good career move.

Reactions: fairgambit
There is one obvious omission here and that's Marilyn Monroe. She is way old school but also an American legend. Marilyn Monroe should not be on the bubble.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdgan and john4psu
Once the polling ends for the first four matches tomorrow (vote if you haven't!), I'll release the next four first round matches. I'm also excited to look at some of the voting numbers and views for each poll to see where there is most interest. The second 32 player bracket has not been finalized so if you have someone you think should be in it, drop a note here. I'm also updating the poll title to simply 'Ms. BWI 2021' since there has been some discussion about whether the poll is 'who's the hottest?' or if there are other criteria you should consider. It should be whatever you want it to be in your fantasy land - cocktails and romp at The Plaza, beers and small talk at a minor league hockey game, etc. You do you. Looking forward to the update and new polls tomorrow!

My apologies and throw the flags as I have to head out the door:

Leah Remini
Amy Adams
Jacqueline Bisset
Barbara Eden
Jennifer Lawrence

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
My apologies and throw the flags as I have to head out the door:

Leah Remini
Amy Adams
Jacqueline Bisset
Barbara Eden
Jennifer Lawrence

J Law has been requested and is in the second 32 poll; might be room for another. Great suggestions though!

Reactions: john4psu
As I am currently preparing my application to join Fairgambit Worldwide Enterprises, I am compelled to offer the following as a possible solution to any claims regarding the seeding, or lack there of: have a limited number of contestants not making it past the 1st round "play back in" as an addition to the next round or as it's own round, whichever can be reasonably accommodated. For example, the total number of votes cast for the contestant as one form of a qualifier, and/or, other 'weighting' measures (or volume measures) may be considered for this erection.

Thought maybe it would be good to include an LPGA member, but none well known enough for the poll. In the meantime, get to know Paige Spiranac a little better.

OIP.Hk2tLdZVfnby8aIWuqWcawHaLG
paige-spiranac-in-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-2018-issue-14-535x803.jpg
OIP.nWL-DGcBAR9E4jiL1rg1NgHaLH

It's tough to have athletes in with women like Lynda Carter or Michelle Pfeiffer; but, will find room for Paige in the next 32.

Thought maybe it would be good to include an LPGA member, but none well known enough for the poll. In the meantime, get to know Paige Spiranac a little better.

OIP.Hk2tLdZVfnby8aIWuqWcawHaLG
paige-spiranac-in-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-2018-issue-14-535x803.jpg
OIP.nWL-DGcBAR9E4jiL1rg1NgHaLH
She of the fabled cleavage trick shot:

Reactions: PSU73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT