ADVERTISEMENT

Last Chance OTT Qualifier - April 7

When Sealey gets his man muscles, he's going to be something. He's so slick, extremely high wrestling IQ and super pace. I know we have a lot coming in, but he's going to be in the lineup.

Gilcher vs. Sealey was a man vs. boy and the boy kicked his ass. I was even impressed when Sealey gave up the 2. He tried to turn a position of disadvantage into points instead of just stalemating it and he was a hair away from pulling it off.

He doesn't get enough fanfare when we talk about our incomings. Probably because he takes a loss or two occasionally as he is a risk taker. His ceiling is waaaaaay high.

When Sealey gets his man muscles, he's going to be something. He's so slick, extremely high wrestling IQ and super pace. I know we have a lot coming in, but he's going to be in the lineup.

Gilcher vs. Sealey was a man vs. boy and the boy kicked his ass. I was even impressed when Sealey gave up the 2. He tried to turn a position of disadvantage into points instead of just stalemating it and he was a hair away from pulling it off.

He doesn't get enough fanfare when we talk about our incomings. Probably because he takes a loss or two occasionally as he is a risk taker. His ceiling is waaaaaay high.
I really hope he ends up the same weight as Angelo F. Seeing Sealey turn past results around would be pretty sweet

Sounds like Messenbrink 2.0

Just clarifying a bit
Bassett got a step out immediately after scrambling out of Evans shot. 1-2

He then got a takedown (or exposure couldn't tell which they eventually awarded) on his own decent shot that Evans scrambled hard but eventually lost the position. 3-2

Bassett then got a very fast clean TD 5-2, 4 trap arm / bar "cheap tilts" 13-2

So 2 takedowns to 1 from a folkstyle scoring, but IMO it was going to be worse if it kept going. The intensity of the scrambles and the hand fighting looked to melt Evans, to my eyes
What he said. :)

And just as I extoll his attributes, Sealy gets outgamed and out slicked by old-man Yahya by going on the clock first.

Blame me for the kibosh.

Reactions: Sullivan
Semifinals:

57:
Tomasello vs Courtney
Forrest vs Rodriguez

65:
Bassett vs Ashnault
Porter vs Kolodzik

74:
Joseph vs Barraclough
Zapf vs Thomas

86:
Sinclair vs McFadden
McIntosh vs Gunderson

97:
Carroll vs Warner
Mirasola vs McDanel

125:
Wood vs Smith
Bullock vs Erekson

Amazing how good high schoolers are these days.

Okay, Flo pet peeve time for me. They frequently list their freestyle and greco match videos using pounds instead of kilos for the weights, e.g. listing a greco match as 77 lb. instead of 77 kg . I noticed this a LONG time ago, and was hoping they would quit making this mistake. Nope! Rant over (for now) : )
1 kg = 2.2046 lbm

Being an engineer, I’ve committed a lot of SI to English unit conversions to memory. 👍

I knew Bassett was awesome but I didn't know he was "Beat the living hell out of Anthony Ashnault" awesome.
And per Willie we look like his favorite.

giphy.gif

Barraclough on clock after 1:30. No points makes it 1-0 Cenzo.
Head pinch exposure Cenzo off a Barraclough shot. 3-0 Cenzo.
3-0 at the break
Cenzo go behind on feet from Barraclough gets him to mat. TD no exposure. I think. 5-0 Cenzo.
Cenzo too good defending Barraclough shots.
Cenzo wins 5-0.

Bassett and Forrest are still jumping levels IMO. Don't forget, both of them didn't make U20 team last year, losing to Spratley (who lost to Luke)

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT