ADVERTISEMENT

clemson vs. Tosu -- Sugar Bowl/CFP Semifinal game thread

Trevor with pressure doesn't look so solid. You would think he took the biggest hit of the game. Nice recovery on the TD, but Wade fell down.
He really wasn't much of a factor tonight. He actually looked like Clifford at times, fumbling the ball and throwing to Buckeyes. I think one of the issues was that Clemson didn't seem to have as many playmakers as usual so Ohio State could get after him. I guess we'll find out how good he is in the next few years.

Reactions: djr4rebs
Dabs, you just got beat by the 11th Best team by 21 so where are you ranked MR. Sweeney

DA-BO SWEE-NEY
CLAP, CLAP... CLAP, CLAP, CLAP...
DA-BO SWEE-NEY
DA-BO SWEE-NEY

Disappointing performance by tOSU -- they could have gotten 50 if they'd played more than just the first half.

Going to miss Tom Rinaldi at ESPN. I see so much of him between college football, golf, and tennis. Talked to him after a game a few years ago and he seemed like a really down-to-earth guy.

Reactions: bison13
I've seen people post it on here.

I wanted OSU to win because I hate Dabo. But, they're going to continue to recruit like gangbusters until they stop going to the CFP. Two of their top players tonight (Fields and Sermon) were portal acquisitions too.

O$U doesn’t deserve to be here... Clemson making that apparent early.
Sorry. I have been watching the actual game. You have really proven what a sports genius you are. Maybe start following table tennis. College football is clearly beyond your grasp.

I didn’t watch the game, how many times did ESPN mention the worst scandal in the history of sports?

I’m not a fan of either team..but I thought it was pretty clear that Ohio State was way more physical upfront. Just my opinion but Lawrence is going to be a great pro..last night OSU was in his grill. Regarding the targeting call..I can see the argument that it was spearing to the back..so 15 yards..I just hate the ejection rule..

Reactions: canuckhal

Article 3, see Note 1. Bulletpoint 4 is the indicator.
This is the clearest description of the rule I can find.

I’m assuming the NFL is going to come hard for Day. Hopefully he gets the fvck outta here.

Trevor Lawrence fumble: Clearly a fumble. But did he recover it? He was sitting on the ground with his hand on the ball before a tOSU DLineman pulls it away from him. No, it isn't usually called that way, and no I don't think that Clemson was robbed, but it does fit the definition of control and a dead ball.

Trevor Lawrence fumble: Clearly a fumble. But did he recover it? He was sitting on the ground with his hand on the ball before a tOSU DLineman pulls it away from him. No, it isn't usually called that way, and no I don't think that Clemson was robbed, but it does fit the definition of control and a dead ball.

The former Ref that the announcers had comment on that play said that pinning a ball on the ground is NOT control of the ball. Laurence could have pulled the ball into his chest while rolling over which would have given him control. But he did not.

Let’s be real. Lawrence looks like west end of an East-bound horse. A face only a mother could love.
Did you see his fiancé? I’m quite sure she’s hotter than you (or almost anyone on this board) could land and he’s not even a millionaire NFL QB yet.

Did you see his fiancé? I’m quite sure she’s hotter than you (or almost anyone on this board) could land and he’s not even a millionaire NFL QB yet.

Hair length aside, every time I see Trevor Lawrence I think he resembles a young Jim Kelly.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT