ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Vs Texas Semifinal Thread

Those of us who grew up in the 70s heard that a lot during run ups to Rose Bowls in those days

Then the Pac10 champion would embarrass one of the Big 2
What happened in 1975 really has no bearing on this game. Dude, I really like this Washington team, especially their HC and QB, but Michigan’s lines are just better. Sure it will probably be a good game and UW can win, but I think they’ll really struggle with Michigan’s O and D line. They beat Bama in the trenches today.

Grubb might regret that throw away series after the fumble recovery. The DPI was huge. 15 yard penalty vs 40+ yard completion, take the penalty and mug the guy.

The talent difference between these two teams and Penn State’s offense is insane. We’re not even in the same galaxy.
If Washington is in a different galaxy then how did they only beat Arizona and ASU by seven and Wash State by three? Texas had their share of not so great games as well. They’re both good teams, but let’s not get carried away.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
Some epically stupid decisions/plays by Washington in the last few minutes

Unlucky injury. Clock would have gone down to about 15 seconds without it. Now UT will have about 45

If Washington is in a different galaxy then how did they only beat Arizona and ASU by seven and Wash State by three? Texas had their share of not so great games as well. They’re both good teams, but let’s not get carried away.

How many catches did our WRs have in the bowl game…

....In Texas' first CFP appearance and final football game as a member of the Big 12 before it goes to the Southeastern Conference, Ewers passed for 318 yards and a touchdown. But it wasn't enough against Penix and his array of talented receivers.

“They were a second away from playing for a national championship,” Texas coach Steve Sarkisian said. “They should be proud of themselves. Penix got hot and (Washington) made some big plays down the field.”.....

Cannot recall the last time I saw a report/statement about a PSU QB getting hot as the story of a game.

It is possible that I am experiencing some short term memory loss, tho.

B-I-G
B-I-G
B-I-G
B-I-G

Jk
I do find it funny that the SEC is shut out of the championship game. Truly last year OSU should have beaten in Georgia if MHJ did not go down and still had a shot to kick the fg to win it.

....In Texas' first CFP appearance and final football game as a member of the Big 12 before it goes to the Southeastern Conference, Ewers passed for 318 yards and a touchdown. But it wasn't enough against Penix and his array of talented receivers.

“They were a second away from playing for a national championship,” Texas coach Steve Sarkisian said. “They should be proud of themselves. Penix got hot and (Washington) made some big plays down the field.”.....

Cannot recall the last time I saw a report/statement about a PSU QB getting hot as the story of a game.

It is possible that I am experiencing some short term memory loss, tho.

I could be wrong but if I recall correctly a long long time ago, I think it might have been in a “Rose Bowl”, the starting QB won what I believe was called the “Offensive MVP” award and his performance made many a headline. This would have been many months ago though.

The texts show the opposing coach had this to say, “(Penn State’s) quarterback was exceptional. High completion percentage, threw for a bunch of yards,” Utah coach Kyle Whittingham

When was the last time some referenced our array of talented receivers?

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
And the team with the better QB usually has the advantage.
I’m just not sure how Washington stops Michigan’s running game, and Michigan will come after Penix, however he is very impressive and very accurate.

I’m just not sure how Washington stops Michigan’s running game, and Michigan will come after Penix, however he is very impressive and very accurate.

Joe Moore OL winner protecting him. Texas got 0 sacks against him. Will definitely be a key matchup. Bama was a tough matchup, but Washington is a much better passing team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT