ADVERTISEMENT

clemson vs. Tosu -- Sugar Bowl/CFP Semifinal game thread

If I am Northwestern I am puffing my chest out today after a solid win and the bragging rights of playing these guys a lot closer than Clemson.

Reactions: NittanyIllinois
Day coached a good game. Change of tempo, never take your foot off of the gas!!!!!!

Turtle be damned!

DxiY28wXQAUZOJA

Huge miss by Franklin.

How did Kirby Smart not start Fields as a freshman? I wonder if he regrets that decision.

Me thinks JF limping was all show, you have f'd up ribs , you are not launching a ball 50 yds.
And that in a nutshell is the problem with this particular rule. Now you have Fields in the game lightening it up while the other kid sits on the sideline.

These rules have LB’s shying away from hard hits and instead wrapping RB’s around the thighs or ankles, you have Safeties terrified of hitting WR’s in full stride and DT’s gingerly wrapping QB’s. In today’s game defenses are in full retreat and in my opinion reduced to stopping an opponent from getting a first down. Those hard hits is what made an offensive player flinch, hesitate or maybe run out of bounds to avoid a hit. Most if not all interceptions, fumbles or mistakes are a byproduct of a hard hitting defense.

Remember fields beat us last year running and passing and we hurt him near end of game. When they played Clemson last year he was one dimensional. Completely different than how they played all year.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Dabo and Clemson deserved this woodshed!! Playing 11 games in silly ACC isn’t as tough as half a Big10 season. Clemson and ND used the weak ACC to get into CFP and hope this doesn’t keep happening every year. Both exposed today as not too powerful. Really stupid disrespecting your opponent the way he did. As much as OSU is our rival, much respect to OSU and Ryan Day. Franklin is recruiting lights out and we will get there. Even with crazy year, we were 38-25 to OSU.

Trevor with pressure doesn't look so solid. You would think he took the biggest hit of the game. Nice recovery on the TD, but Wade fell down.

Reactions: SheldonJoe2215
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT