ADVERTISEMENT

My Peach Bowl Experience

Wandering Spectator

Dec 17, 2017
Chandler, AZ
www.wanderingspectator.com
TL;DR Really disappointed in the outcome. Freezing cold temps. Meh parade. Awesome aquarium. One of the best stadiums in the country. Happy the 12-team playoff is here.

I said at the game that I didn't know how many more Penn State Bowl Games I'd travel to. Then I realized that the playoffs saved the NY6 games. Without the playoff, the bowl would have died after this year. With it, each NY6 game is back to relevancy. Opt-outs will still happen, but I'd expect it to be much less. Lower bowls have always struggled for attendance, but they are made-for-tv (and player families) anyway.

The question now becomes, which one(s) will you attend? If money is no object, you attend all, but if it is, how do you choose if you want a first-round, quarterfinal, semifinal, or natty?

TL;DR Really disappointed in the outcome. Freezing cold temps. Meh parade. Awesome aquarium. One of the best stadiums in the country. Happy the 12-team playoff is here.

I said at the game that I didn't know how many more Penn State Bowl Games I'd travel to. Then I realized that the playoffs saved the NY6 games. Without the playoff, the bowl would have died after this year. With it, each NY6 game is back to relevancy. Opt-outs will still happen, but I'd expect it to be much less. Lower bowls have always struggled for attendance, but they are made-for-tv (and player families) anyway.

The question now becomes, which one(s) will you attend? If money is no object, you attend all, but if it is, how do you choose if you want a first-round, quarterfinal, semifinal, or natty?

Well, judging by Franklin’s 5-22 record (IIRC) against top 15 teams, you choose the first game if you want to see Penn State play. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Wandering Spectator

Always appreciated your informed experiences. I normally go to most of the Bowl games but now with the opt-outs it's not as good a game day environment.

Great write up. That weather isn’t much different for this time of year for ATL. I spent a Christmas there at 10 degrees one year. But the stadium and access make up for it.

Reactions: Wandering Spectator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT