ADVERTISEMENT

Carl Nassib

I challenge you to give me a time when the best candidate for the job was the top criterion….nepotism, the good ole boy network, buddies, ass kissers, seniority….there have always been reasons for hiring and promotion that trumped ability.
No doubt. But now checking one or more “diversity” boxes trumps all. And I never said that LGBTQ was the “primary focus” of the programs . . .

No doubt. But now checking one or more “diversity” boxes trumps all. And I never said that LGBTQ was the “primary focus” of the programs . . .
And in the good old days, seniority trumped all, which was equally as bad many times.

Those of you making it about sex are missing the point. It’s not about who he, or anyone, is having sex with or needing you to celebrate it. It’s about who they can have dinner in public with, hold hands with if they go on a walk, send out Christmas cards with, take a romantic vacation with. Kiss in public.

Most people probably don’t want to think about most you having sex with your wives either but you still have the freedom to do any of the above. Now Carl does to. He didn’t before.
+1. I think some seem to be a little too "preoccupied" about the sex. 🤔

We have a big conference we go to in my industry. 4 days, out in Vegas, probably like a lot of people on this board, sort of a trade show if you will. It's a chance for vendors to entertain prospects/clients and so on. They also have a nice menu of educational classes for the people that attend and specifically, speakers panels. Of course the vendors want to get on these panels as it is great exposure etc. We were told, not so subtly, that for this years show at least, straight white men need not apply. Gay, female, trans, minority, will be the individuals up on stage this year. When filling out an application to be on the panel, there are specific areas to fill in your race and sexual identity. I am all for providing a voice in business for ALL people, but giving preferential treatment, in a business forum, to people of a certain race/sexual orientation is................ discriminatory, bigoted.......dare I say Racist?

Those of you making it about sex are missing the point. It’s not about who he, or anyone, is having sex with or needing you to celebrate it. It’s about who they can have dinner in public with, hold hands with if they go on a walk, send out Christmas cards with, take a romantic vacation with. Kiss in public.

Most people probably don’t want to think about most you having sex with your wives either but you still have the freedom to do any of the above. Now Carl does to. He didn’t before.
I agree...and my experience is anecdotal while living in the not most enlightened part of the country, but I have not seen or heard ANY complaints about gay people in years. There are a lot of legal and religious issues to iron out but I see and hear zero negative comments. The only issues I hear about are a) the issue of men who have transed to women playing in sports designated for women only and 2) allowing kids to trans before the age of 16 and 3: allowing trans to be front line military given the special needs required by those transitioning or at what state their transition is in.

Reactions: Ski
Wow. You are even more of a jackass than I thought. FYI, pedophilia is a CRIME. That's why it is not the same as what consenting people do. You are so consumed with bitterness about gay people that you failed to pay attention to kids being raped in your church. Are you a Michigan State fan? Sheesh.

Well I did say my questions would make Dem's head explode.

A public holiday versus a celebration of private sexual orientation?

That's what they call apples and oranges.

Just to be clear, you are fine with a public holiday that is based on the religious beliefs of Christians and the Christian themed decorations (manger, angels, etc). And you are fine with decorating the government office in that theme even though it only applies to Christians. But you have a problem with decorating the government office in a rainbow theme for pride month, even though the POTUS has declared June as Pride Month.

Is that all accurate?

Does this photo bother you?

Super+Bowl+XLIV+kU7lFyRxCD1x.jpg

Is it his sister?

Seriously though, nobody fights for incest rights. If they're consenting adults why should it bother us?

Just to be clear, you are fine with a public holiday that is based on the religious beliefs of Christians and the Christian themed decorations (manger, angels, etc). And you are fine with decorating the government office in that theme even though it only applies to Christians. But you have a problem with decorating the government office in a rainbow theme for pride month, even though the POTUS has declared June as Pride Month.

Is that all accurate?
Get real. When was the last time anyone saw a manger in a public display?

That wasn't my question, but just this past Christmas. My question was whether or not the poster I was discussing this with was okay with it.

I only do those things with people I have sex with.

That wasn't my question, but just this past Christmas. My question was whether or not the poster I was discussing this with was okay with it.
Oh, such a thing has not been seen in these parts in at least a decade, maybe longer.

Rainbow is hard on the eyes, however, I am in favor of rainbow mangers. In case you were wondering.

Are you asking why numbers are higher?

(1) attempts are simply being reported more than they ever were before, in large part because such severe stigmas often prevented families from even admitting or acknowledging that homosexuality resulted in a suicide attempt, and (2) the prevalence of social media and the resultant increase in mental disorders across virtually all teen demographics.

Suicides are increasing among teens in general. Not just gay teens.

I know you think you found the "gotcha" to repudiate the assertion that normalization of homosexuality reduces the attraction of suicide for gay teens. But you really didn't.

"Attempts are simply being reported more" is likely a contributing factor but I think the alarming increase in recent years goes a lot deeper than that.

Kids need functional families, moral anchors, a sense of community, and a healthy reinforcing culture. Yet all those things are under attack even to the point of collapse in America 2021.

I don't think it's a coincidence that an increasing rate of suicide (and attempted suicide) within the teenage population, gay and otherwise, is being seen in this environment.

Also, again, my original point did not go to the normalization of homosexuality per se but rather to the mandated and bizarre celebration of homosexuality.

Final point, the questions I raised with Dem that made his head explode are all entirely legitimate. I give you credit for taking a shot at answering at least one of them coherently.

Maybe we have different definitions of courage.
You want to walk into an NFL locker room after admitting you are gay?
The demand that every single white person admit that all white people are racist or be ostracized is the ultimate in bullying.
If that is what you think then you have failed to understand the other side of the discussion.

Is it his sister?

Seriously though, nobody fights for incest rights. If they're consenting adults why should it bother us?

Don't think so.

Doesn't bother me. Jerry won't respond though so I'm assuming he isn't ok with Drew kissing his wife on tv after winning the super bowl.

Holy Sh!t dude. You haven’t heard one story of a teenager committing suicide over a sexual identity crisis due to not being accepted by friends, parents, or being bullied? Where the hell do you live? How old are you? What is the address of your underground rock?

Yes, of course I've heard stories though I can't say I have any personal familiarity with such a case.

Listen, dude, I raised six kids, the youngest now being 27, and by lots of good luck and the love of a good woman, they all turned out to be happy, healthy, productive citizens now raising (so far) happy, healthy families of their own -- except for one daughter who's a contemplative sister at a Catholic monastery and has a different kind of "family."

Yet, there were any number of close calls on the way, any number of times the train could have jumped the rails, any number of times my own mistakes and flaws could have ended in disaster but, no credit to me, did not. The point being, anyone who gets to my stage in life and doesn't find himself frequently saying "there but for the grace of God go I" is a fool.

Therefore, my heart goes out to families and kids struggling with sexuality. With 23 (now going on 26) grandchildren of my own, I'm realistic enough to expect that somewhere at some time that struggle will be ours as well. If it happens, I will love the grandchild no less, and I will always be there for him or her. But I will not -- I can not -- surrender the moral principles at stake.

They're not my principles. They're the principles and wisdom of the ages. Our nation and culture are now engaged in a historic project to burn them down and find out whether a healthy civilization can be built in their ashes. The results so far do not look promising.

Let us get a few scientific issues and first principle concepts in order before we get any sillier than we've gotten.

In America, founded on individual freedom and responsibility and equal treatment under the law, gay people should have the exact same protections under the law as anyone else. No more, no less.

Gay is not normal. Period. Evolutionary biology teaches us (unless you're dense, or are generally an atheist, except for the next 50 seconds, when science can be really upsetting) that the species survives and adapts by natural selection of those characteristics that assist in reproductive success - size, strength, symmetry, attractiveness, and definitely a desire for the opposite sex.

All arguments should extend from these two principles.

Purely as an example: So, when you want to talk about "gay marriage", what are we saying? Are we saying that two people ought to live together with the tax breaks and benefits of being a couple? I don't even know that I can make an argument why the government (public) has a compelling interest in marriage without kids. Marriage with kids - sure, a good argument can be made for child tax breaks. But a straight couple just living together - what is the public interest?

When you talk about adoptive rights - what do the studies say about children reared in gay households? No idea - I'm suspecting it doesn't increase probability of being gay, but idk. Is it healthy? I'd guess it is less good than a straight couple. But if the straight couple does drugs and is violent, is that better than a gay couple who live their lives on the straight and narrow?

Reactions: Jerry
Yes, of course I've heard stories though I can't say I have any personal familiarity with such a case.

Listen, dude, I raised six kids, the youngest now being 27, and by lots of good luck and the love of a good woman, they all turned out to be happy, healthy, productive citizens now raising (so far) happy, healthy families of their own -- except for one daughter who's a contemplative sister at a Catholic monastery and has a different kind of "family."

Yet, there were any number of close calls on the way, any number of times the train could have jumped the rails, any number of times my own mistakes and flaws could have ended in disaster but, no credit to me, did not. The point being, anyone who gets to my stage in life and doesn't find himself frequently saying "there but for the grace of God go I" is a fool.

Therefore, my heart goes out to families and kids struggling with sexuality. With 23 (now going on 26) grandchildren of my own, I'm realistic enough to expect that somewhere at some time that struggle will be ours as well. If it happens, I will love the grandchild no less, and I will always be there for him or her. But I will not -- I can not -- surrender the moral principles at stake.

They're not my principles. They're the principles and wisdom of the ages. Our nation and culture are now engaged in a historic project to burn them down and find out whether a healthy civilization can be built in their ashes. The results so far do not look promising.

You're a good man, Jerry. We don't always believe the same things, but we need more of guys like you.

Do you have any gay friends or spend time around anyone who is gay?
Tons...TONS! half the people I work with are gay. many of the church volunteers I work with are gay. Most have done or are doing extremely well in their careers. Most don't do PDAs but have no problem with people knowing they are gay.

Well I did say my questions would make Dem's head explode.
No explosion here, you run-of-the-mill d-bag. Just the same stupid sh!t I hear from fools like you every day. Are you a college grad, Jer?

Because that's even more shameful.

No explosion here, you run-of-the-mill d-bag. Just the same stupid sh!t I hear from fools like you every day. Are you a college grad, Jer?

As if you're even remotely smart.

You are pretty much the definition of a midwit.

Laughable

Reactions: Omar81
Well, they're obviously less ubiquitous than they were when we were young, but they're still fairly common. Except that they are typically accompanied (temporally, if not in the same location) by a Menorah, or some other decoration that helps the manger scene pass muster under the Establishment Clause, and also suggests a degree of ecumenical accommodation. As both a Christian and a firm believer in separation of shurch and state, that works for me. It would not bother me if they put up a Kwanzaa (sp?) decoration, as well. I might even support a Festivus decoration.

Get this guy an enema.

My father’s gay!

I know, I know. READ. THE. ROOM. o_O
I worked, for years, with a group of gay people that were very active in the "Old Stone Church". which is an iconic catholic church in downtown CLE. How they could be active in the church ten to 20 years ago, with the Church's stance of gays is beyond me. the priest accepted them and everybody else did to. The main couple moved to ATL and are now multi-millionaires as some of the best Architects in the nation.

I also outlined my experience with a small company in Toronto earlier in the thread.

I know everyone wants to categorize everyone into red pill blue pill people. But sexuality is an array and not a light switch. Most studies show that you will go gay if that is all that is available to you. History of experience with men only jails and the front lines in WW2, Korea, Vientnam to the gulf wars show this to be true.

I know people will say that isn't true...and gay people don't like the concept either because they don't want people to think sexuality is a choice, but that is the science of it.

Yeah, Dem, your head exploded all over the friggin' key board. The mess it made was reflected in your post which consisted entirely of juvenile gibberish deployed like a panicked squid shooting ink to obscure an inability to comprehend or answer a point.

In fact, based on your follow-up post above, juvenile gibberish appears to be your entire repertoire. I ain't gonna roll in the mud with you, dumfuk. It's beneath me. Come back when you grow up.

• Haha
Reactions: IIVI and KanePoster
Most studies show that you will go gay if that is all that is available to you. History of experience with men only jails and the front lines in WW2, Korea, Vientnam to the gulf wars show this to be true.

I haven't studied sexuality, but that just sounds crazy. Link?

Is that all accurate?

Whatever its origins, Christmas is now a totally secularized holiday, and a number of court rulings have reinforced that status.

So you're comparing the observance of a secularized public holiday with the celebration of a sexual orientation. Again: apples and oranges.

But ironically, the very existence of "Pride Month" makes my original point, which is that for some reason it is not enough now to simply respect the rights of gay people (as we should) and protect them under the law.

Now we're also required to celebrate gayness as a sexual orientiation. I find that bizarre and will decline to do so...regardless of presidential proclamations.

Yeah, Dem, your head exploded all over the friggin' key board. The mess it made was reflected in your post which consisted entirely of juvenile gibberish deployed like a panicked squid shooting ink to obscure an inability to comprehend or answer a point.

In fact, based on your follow-up post above, juvenile gibberish appears to be your entire repertoire. I ain't gonna roll in the mud with you, dumfuk. It's beneath me. Come back when you grow up.
Wow, someone thinks pretty highly of himself.

Not taking sides here on the subject matter, but perhaps the greatest simile ever used on this venerable board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT