ADVERTISEMENT

Carl Nassib retires after 7 years in the NFL

If you recall, he is the former walk on who was living extremely modestly in the NFL and investing the rest. No doubt this young man has done extremely well for himself.

I have a feeling that Carl may enter medical school, that's where he was headed after college football.

If you recall, he is the former walk on who was living extremely modestly in the NFL and investing the rest. No doubt this young man has done extremely well for himself.

It's great to hear about a guy who was SMART and managed his income properly. Now he's financially independent and will never need for anything.

Proper savings and investments is the way to go over 4-5 expensive cars, gobs of gold jewelry and chains, and living a exorbitant life.

Players who have made the big bucks in sports and today are broke are getting what they deserve.

It's great to hear about a guy who was SMART and managed his income properly. Now he's financially independent and will never need for anything.

Proper savings and investments is the way to go over 4-5 expensive cars, gobs of gold jewelry and chains, and living a exorbitant life.

Players who have made the big bucks in sports and today are broke are getting what they deserve.
I hope he comes back to PSU every year in the offseason and gives a few classes to our young men. IMO, he did this right. He was living off of like 60k or something his first year and investing the rest. I assume that he loosened up a bit as his stint in the NFL became a bit longer. But he had the long term in mind from the very beginning.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

Getting what they deserve? Why so bitter? It is not like they are hurting anyone than themselves.

There are not many 22 year olds in this world who get millions of dollars dumped in their laps to do whatever they want (there is a reason why trust fund babies exist). Most 22 year olds who come from nothing (like most NFL players) are too immature, do not have enough life experience and do not have the necessary support to understand what they need to do to make the millions last for the rest of their lives. Further, their lack of experience also makes it hard for many of them to differentiate good advisors from bad advisors who are simply trying to take advantage of them (i.e. Don King to Mike Tyson). They also spend money the way every other 22 year old wishes they could spend money. They do not have the foresight to understand what it will be like when the NFL faucet of money is turned off.

The people who we should hope "get what they deserve" are those advisors who failed to properly advise the athlete, or worse, those who prayed on the immaturity of the athlete to enrich themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT