ADVERTISEMENT

Carl Nassib

I haven't studied sexuality, but that just sounds crazy. Link?
It might mean they have sex but I don't think it means they "go gay". Sounds like something Ben Carson said :rolleyes: .
I know this is going to confuse people but it really isn't a switch that you turn on and off depending on
who's around.

But ironically, the very existence of "Pride Month" makes my original point, which is that for some reason it is not enough now to simply respect the rights of gay people (as we should) and protect them under the law.

Except your posts here appear to indicate you don't simply respect their rights. Carl had every right to make the announcement. You've been vocal in your disapproval of it while simultaneously bemoaning the persecution of Christians. You say it is apples to oranges yet openly initiate the comparison in your own posts.

We were clearing out some stuff from from my wife's parents house and there was a big stack of signed photos she got at an MLB game or spring training when she was probably 8 or 9. One player wrote something along the lines of "Always trust in Jesus" along with his signature. My wife is Jewish. Do you think that was appropriate?

Now we're also required to celebrate gayness as a sexual orientiation. I find that bizarre and will decline to do so...regardless of presidential proclamations.

You aren't required to celebrate "gayness as a sexual orientation" any more than a Jewish person is required to celebrate Christmas. Bottom line it seems is that other people openly celebrating (where you can see it) things that make you uncomfortable is a problem for you. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be posting in this thread. You'd just go about your business and let others go about theirs. You are entitled to your opinion.

I haven't studied sexuality, but that just sounds crazy. Link?
my wife has a phd in Psych and had a ton of papers on studies in fox holes and prisons. Guys who are not gay go bi, at least (orange is the new black). But you won't see much writing on this because it doesn't serve the red or blue pill agenda. Gay people don't want you to think it is a "choice" or that you can "pray the gay" out of people. Straight people don't want to think that there is any gay tendencies unless you are really weird. The fact is, sexuality is an array or a continuum and you adapt. You've got 1s and 10s you also have 4s, 5s and 6s.

if you suggest that a gay person may not always be gay, the gay community will shout you down. And if you suggest that gay is often not a choice, the hard anti-gay will shout you down. A WNBA player who was "gay" came out as straight and married a dude. She said she was "bi" and ended up preferring a partnership with a guy because it was much easier to have a nuclear family and raise the child. She got eviscerated by the gay community because she implied a gay family wasn't "normal."

If you google it...maybe "brave" it, you'll find several university studies but you won't find much published by the MSM.

Reactions: bison13
I had a college roommate who later came out as gay. Went on plenty of dates with women but never had a girlfriend. A lot of us suspected it, but with no evidence to prove it.

Before that I thought being gay was a choice. But after knowing him, there's no way he chose to be gay. He spent a lot of time trying not to be gay.

I had a college roommate who later came out as gay. Went on plenty of dates with women but never had a girlfriend. A lot of us suspected it, but with no evidence to prove it.

Before that I thought being gay was a choice. But after knowing him, there's no way he chose to be gay. He spent a lot of time trying not to be gay.
pretty common...not only is it hard to "come out" but it is hard to finally surrender to that fact.

Except your posts here appear to indicate you don't simply respect their rights. Carl had every right to make the announcement. You've been vocal in your disapproval of it while simultaneously bemoaning the persecution of Christians. You say it is apples to oranges yet openly initiate the comparison in your own posts.

We were clearing out some stuff from from my wife's parents house and there was a big stack of signed photos she got at an MLB game or spring training when she was probably 8 or 9. One player wrote something along the lines of "Always trust in Jesus" along with his signature. My wife is Jewish. Do you think that was appropriate?

Lax, you and some others here insist on not getting the key point. I don't question Carl's "right" to make the announcement nor have I said anything disrespectful of the rights of gay people. On the contrary, I think those rights should absolutely be respected under the law.

Rather, I'm only stating my own right to publicly decline an invitation to celebrate Carl's homosexuality. And I've given the reasons for that. There's a big difference between respecting somebody's rights and glorifying their sexual orientation.

My point about Christians was that if you're paying attention at all to the news and fashions of our culture, you know that Christians who hold to their religion's traditional teaching on sexuality are a far more marginalized group than the LGBTQ community in America 2021. I mean, seriously, all the Powers That Be are now on the side of the latter, so to call them persecuted or victimized is absurd.

Regarding your wife's photo, if the player knew she was Jewish, then I think it was a tactless and inappropriate thing to write -- even if well-intentioned. However, I'm guessing he had no foggy idea she was Jewish.

my wife has a phd in Psych and had a ton of papers on studies in fox holes and prisons. Guys who are not gay go bi, at least (orange is the new black). But you won't see much writing on this because it doesn't serve the red or blue pill agenda. Gay people don't want you to think it is a "choice" or that you can "pray the gay" out of people. Straight people don't want to think that there is any gay tendencies unless you are really weird. The fact is, sexuality is an array or a continuum and you adapt. You've got 1s and 10s you also have 4s, 5s and 6s.

if you suggest that a gay person may not always be gay, the gay community will shout you down. And if you suggest that gay is often not a choice, the hard anti-gay will shout you down. A WNBA player who was "gay" came out as straight and married a dude. She said she was "bi" and ended up preferring a partnership with a guy because it was much easier to have a nuclear family and raise the child. She got eviscerated by the gay community because she implied a gay family wasn't "normal."

If you google it...maybe "brave" it, you'll find several university studies but you won't find much published by the MSM.

I don't believe those studies that show a spectrum of sexuality. I truly don't. It defies evolutionary biology. Unfortunately, the soft sciences (and yes, I have great contempt for them), have a view that they WISH were true, then they go out and try to find a study to show it.

I believe people are born straight or gay (or some very early, minor event that we can't distinguish from being born) and have no choice in the matter.

I don't believe those studies that show a spectrum of sexuality. I truly don't. It defies evolutionary biology. Unfortunately, the soft sciences (and yes, I have great contempt for them), have a view that they WISH were true, then they go out and try to find a study to show it.

I believe people are born straight or gay (or some very early, minor event that we can't distinguish from being born) and have no choice in the matter.
that is ok, but that is not what the studies suggest. just go interview guys/gals in the local prison. After years of no human touch, they adapt. But people can disagree, its OK.

Reactions: KanePoster
Lax, you and some others here insist on not getting the key point. I don't question Carl's "right" to make the announcement nor have I said anything disrespectful of the rights of gay people. On the contrary, I think those rights should absolutely be respected under the law.

Rather, I'm only stating my own right to publicly decline an invitation to celebrate Carl's homosexuality. And I've given the reasons for that. There's a big difference between respecting somebody's rights and glorifying their sexual orientation.

My point about Christians was that if you're paying attention at all to the news and fashions of our culture, you know that Christians who hold to their religion's traditional teaching on sexuality are a far more marginalized group than the LGBTQ community in America 2021. I mean, seriously, all the Powers That Be are now on the side of the latter, so to call them persecuted or victimized is absurd.

Regarding your wife's photo, if the player knew she was Jewish, then I think it was a tactless and inappropriate thing to write -- even if well-intentioned. However, I'm guessing he had no foggy idea she was Jewish.

Those match my feelings exactly. We all respect his rights as a human being. Not more so (or less so) because he is gay.

I am atheist/agnostic, but I can see enough to realize that even if founded on a lie, Christianity and Western Civilization are the greatest societal concepts ever conceived.

Families who begin early in their 20s, get married, have kids, go to church and live their lives as a normal nuclear family are the best for society.

Does that mean that other people should be FORCED to live that way? Of course not.

But don't ask me to celebrate LGBTQ - I don't see anything to celebrate. What I see is a generally unhappy set of people (through no fault of their own) and if I could grant them one wish, it would be for them to be "normal".

And yes, people are intentionally missing the point.

Reactions: Jerry
You aren't required to celebrate "gayness as a sexual orientation" any more than a Jewish person is required to celebrate Christmas. Bottom line it seems is that other people openly celebrating (where you can see it) things that make you uncomfortable is a problem for you. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be posting in this thread. You'd just go about your business and let others go about theirs. You are entitled to your opinion.

Thank you, and my opinion is that it is bizarre to celebrate a sexual orientation...and it is my right to say so.

I can say such things as a retired person on a message board, but elsewhere, people are effectively "required" either to pretend to participate in such a celebration or at minimum keep their objections to themselves...or else be publicly condemned, censored, or even fired.

True story, such things are actually happening in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. If you don't know that, you should get out more.

Those match my feelings exactly. We all respect his rights as a human being. Not more so (or less so) because he is gay.

I am atheist/agnostic, but I can see enough to realize that even if founded on a lie, Christianity and Western Civilization are the greatest societal concepts ever conceived.

Families who begin early in their 20s, get married, have kids, go to church and live their lives as a normal nuclear family are the best for society.

Does that mean that other people should be FORCED to live that way? Of course not.

But don't ask me to celebrate LGBTQ - I don't see anything to celebrate. What I see is a generally unhappy set of people (through no fault of their own) and if I could grant them one wish, it would be for them to be "normal".

And yes, people are intentionally missing the point.

Well said. I think you hit perfectly on the key point.

at minimum keep their objections to themselves

I find this to be a good idea in all situations where the other party isn't doing anything that impacts my well being. And since I can't see how Pride month or Carl's announcement impact your well being in any way, perhaps you should just take your own advice. But this is a message board and you've been pretty much civilized in your responses, so I'll just say it's been an interesting conversation and leave it at that.

I think the factors determining sexual orientation are not entirely and scientifically known, but in most cases it's probably a combination of nature and nurture.

But for sure, those factors come into play early. In boys especially, it's not a "choice." Girls are a somewhat more complicated story.

IDK, I fall somewhere in the middle. I am 100% for complete gay rights. Do I want people wearing a shirt that says "I did chicks" and create an "I did chicks" flag as well as watch people with their tonges thrust down somebody's throat? I really don't care to see or hear any of that, to be honest.

So if I see two dudes deep kissing and turn away (or two gals kissing and get turned on) it doesn't mean I am homophobic or not. So I understand the sentiment of those who say they don't care to know.

I think the factors determining sexual orientation are not entirely and scientifically known, but in most cases it's probably a combination of nature and nurture.

But for sure, those factors come into play early. In boys especially, it's not a "choice." Girls are a somewhat more complicated story.
That is exactly correct.

I think its you that is missing a key point. You aren't being invited to do anything so there is nothing for you to decline.

Handing someone a signed photo telling them to Trust in Jesus is an unwelcome invitation. Carl releasing a statement isn't. When he starts putting "I'm Gay" on autographs I'll agree he's gone too far.

I think its you that is missing a key point. You aren't being invited to do anything so there is nothing for you to decline.

Handing someone a signed photo telling them to Trust in Jesus is an unwelcome invitation. Carl releasing a statement isn't. When he starts putting "I'm Gay" on autographs I'll agree he's gone too far.

What would prompt you to think that would be going too far? Based on jersey sales it sounds like it might be a good business decision.

s
I find this to be a good idea in all situations where the other party isn't doing anything that impacts my well being. And since I can't see how Pride month or Carl's announcement impact your well being in any way, perhaps you should just take your own advice. But this is a message board and you've been pretty much civilized in your responses, so I'll just say it's been an interesting conversation and leave it at that.
You just wrote my personal political party’s platform. Welcome!

We have a big conference we go to in my industry. 4 days, out in Vegas, probably like a lot of people on this board, sort of a trade show if you will. It's a chance for vendors to entertain prospects/clients and so on. They also have a nice menu of educational classes for the people that attend and specifically, speakers panels. Of course the vendors want to get on these panels as it is great exposure etc. We were told, not so subtly, that for this years show at least, straight white men need not apply. Gay, female, trans, minority, will be the individuals up on stage this year. When filling out an application to be on the panel, there are specific areas to fill in your race and sexual identity. I am all for providing a voice in business for ALL people, but giving preferential treatment, in a business forum, to people of a certain race/sexual orientation is................ discriminatory, bigoted.......dare I say Racist?
Just curious, what industry is the tradeshow for?

Yeah, Dem, your head exploded all over the friggin' key board. The mess it made was reflected in your post which consisted entirely of juvenile gibberish deployed like a panicked squid shooting ink to obscure an inability to comprehend or answer a point.

In fact, based on your follow-up post above, juvenile gibberish appears to be your entire repertoire. I ain't gonna roll in the mud with you, dumfuk. It's beneath me. Come back when you grow up.
Lol! Go ahead and watch General Milleys takedown of your reps in Congress--whiners weeping about military "wokeness." Don't hurt yourself running away, coward.

I don't see the equivalence between an individual expressing an ordinary religious sentiment, even if misguided, on a requested autograph to another anonymous individual...and a person making a public announcement regarding an intensely private matter to millions of people who never expressed interest or wanted to know. The fact is, Carl has now effectively put "I'm Gay" on every autograph he signs.

If I'm not being invited to do anything, why is there such antipathy to a simple opinion opposing celebration of Carl's announcement of his sexual orientation? If you look back through this thread, you will see that neither I nor pretty much anybody on one side of the argument said anything personally negative about either Carl or any other gay individual. Yet, a number of people on the other side reflexively reacted with venom and insults.

Here's a rule of thumb for you: in any debate where the invective and hostility are mostly on one side of the issue, you can bet that's the wrong side. Because if reason, facts, and evidence are on your side, you don't need name-calling. In fact, name-calling is usually deployed as a substitute for and bogus defense against reason, facts, and evidence.

The entire democrat leadership are bullies as is the the 1619 Project, wokeism, and critical race theory. The demand that every single white person admit that all white people are racist or be ostracized is the ultimate in bullying.
The "Critical Race Theory" buzzword is hilarious. Most people use that as an umbrella term and really do not actually know what it is or what they are talking about. But, that's test board stuff, not a convo for this thread.

Btw, as a teacher in 2 Northeast districts, I can assure you that "critical race theory" is not even taught in school. Stop listening to the Trump liars... They lied about the election and people are it all up, now they are lying again and people are eating it all up.

Last edited:
In fact, name-calling is usually deployed as a substitute for and bogus defense against reason, facts, and evidence.
Posts the guy who has posted nothing but his own opinions throughout the entire thread.

The "Critical Race Theory" buzzword is hilarious. Most people use that as an umbrella term and really do not actually know what it is or what they are talking about. But, that's test board stuff, not a convo for this thread.
Including the people who support it.

I don't see the equivalence between an individual expressing an ordinary religious sentiment, even if misguided, on a requested autograph to another anonymous individual...and a person making a public announcement regarding an intensely private matter to millions of people who never expressed interest or wanted to know. The fact is, Carl has now effectively put "I'm Gay" on every autograph he signs.

If I'm not being invited to do anything, why is there such antipathy to a simple opinion opposing celebration of Carl's announcement of his sexual orientation? If you look back through this thread, you will see that neither I nor pretty much anybody on one side of the argument said anything personally negative about either Carl or any other gay individual. Yet, a number of people on the other side reflexively reacted with venom and insults.

Here's a rule of thumb for you: in any debate where the invective and hostility are mostly on one side of the issue, you can bet that's the wrong side. Because if reason, facts, and evidence are on your side, you don't need name-calling. In fact, name-calling is usually deployed as a substitute for and bogus defense against reason, facts, and evidence.

Except it isn't intensely private. You're just hung up on the thought of a man touching another man's penis behind closed doors and it makes you uncomfortable. Unless they're banging 24/7 there is plenty of life that is lived in public.

Assuming this image didn't make you uncomfortable since you didn't respond when I asked. I also assume you're fine with Carl doing the same with his significant other on live television if he ever wins a super bowl, and wouldn't have said anything if he'd gone ahead and done it without the world knowing he was gay first.

Brittany+Brees+Super+Bowl+XLIV+kU7lFyRxCD1x.jpg

Do you advocate for gay athletes to just show the world they're gay through their actions/living their lives (affection with their spouses in public) and then dealing with the questions/coverage from the media after the fact? I don't think that's what you want but if it is I apologize.

Last edited:
I just want to know why Carl writing, "I'm Gay" on an autograph is going too far. I guess he's only allowed so far out of the closet in some people's eyes. Can I get a proper ruling from the thought police?

Reactions: Jerry
I just want to know why Carl writing, "I'm Gay" on an autograph is going too far. I guess he's only allowed so far out of the closet in some people's eyes. Can I get a proper ruling from the thought police?

Poor choice of words on my part, apologies to you and Carl and anyone offended.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Except it isn't intensely private. You're just hung up on the thought of a man touching another man's penis behind closed doors and it makes you uncomfortable. Unless they're banging 24/7 there is plenty of life that is lived in public.

Assuming this image didn't make you uncomfortable since you didn't respond when I asked. I also assume you're fine with Carl doing the same with his significant other on live television if he ever wins a super bowl, and wouldn't have said anything if he'd gone ahead and done it without the world knowing he was gay first.

Brittany+Brees+Super+Bowl+XLIV+kU7lFyRxCD1x.jpg

Do you advocate for gay athletes to just show the world they're gay through their actions/living their lives (affection with their spouses in public) and then dealing with the questions/coverage from the media after the fact? I don't think that's what you want but if it is I apologize.

Dude, your talk of guys touching each other's penises and kissing one another is making me nauseous.

Seriously, it's a function of human nature. Most straight guys would have that involuntary and reflexive reaction...but of course nobody is allowed to say such a thing these days.

Now two girls...different story.

Haha! Sorry, man. I kid. I'm getting goofy on the 3rd day of this. Hell, I just ordered a Nassib jersey.

Maybe Tom will nuke the thread and put us out of our misery... ;)

Reactions: KanePoster
Dude, your talk of guys touching each other's penises and kissing one another is making me nauseous.

Seriously, it's a function of human nature. Most straight guys would have that involuntary and reflexive reaction...but of course nobody is allowed to say such a thing these days.

Now two girls...different story.

Haha! Sorry, man. I kid. I'm getting goofy on the 3rd day of this. Hell, I just ordered a Nassib jersey.

Maybe Tom will nuke the thread and put us out of our misery... ;)

Well now you can drop the facade about the announcement being the only aspect of this that is bothering you. You don’t like the announcement method but if he just had pda on national TV like a straight player that would make you nauseous. Sounds like you want him to stay in the closet.

Well said. I think you hit perfectly on the key point.
What you say about this wise one?

Nope. Jerry makes pretty good arguments.

Dem just vomits.

You know it, but don't like it.
Apparently you didn’t read his asinine comments about dem’s head exploding….if you did and agreed then that doesn’t say much for you.

ADVERTISEMENT