ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session III

We went for 9d, primarily Dublin with some side trips.

Liked it and glad we did. But if I had to do it all over again, I would break it up into multiple trips.

Dublin is possibly the cheapest Euro entry airport, and with a ton of low-cost flights to the continent. I'd use it as a layover (inbound or return) over multiple trips to Europe.
Get up to Derry, Northern Ireland on the River Foyle. Where the Troubles actually began. The walls still exist from the 1600's. Derry is where my family comes from. Spectacular country.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Best thing about Dublin?
Lots of cute babes in the pubs.
Lots.
And the train to Galway was excellent.

Get up to Derry, Northern Ireland on the River Foyle. Where the Troubles actually began. The walls still exist from the 1600's. Derry is where my family comes from. Spectacular country.
Derry is beautiful. Traveled there for work quite a few times over the years. Unfortunately, never had much time for sightseeing. But did get in some long runs and visited a few pubs.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Glendalough is really beautiful. Reminded me of Lord of the Rings before the movie version was made!

Reactions: Hotshoe
There was a perfect example in Hidlay vs Bolen.
Bolen is standing out of bounds and Hidlay facing him in bounds.
Bolen circles to his left to come in bounds and Hidlay instantly circles to his left to stand out of bounds.

I would rather have nuclear apocalypse than see Hidlay win a championship.
Easy, bro. I understand your sentiment, but that is a very dumb statement, even if you're not serious.

Dean will wrestle 18 Harvey next and then 11 Smith in the blood round. After that will be surivivor of 2 Traux/5 Beard/13 Bastida.

So looks like a few Iowa and Penn State relative matches left this afernoon:
Kennedy/Ramirez
Warner/Trumble
Dean/Harvey

Derry is beautiful. Traveled there for work quite a few times over the years. Unfortunately, never had much time for sightseeing. But did get in some long runs and visited a few pubs.
Derry is the unknown gem of Ireland. And, although I'm Orange, I hate the fking British.

Reactions: Conewago
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT