ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session III

Okay, we have to fix this sh&t. Pennsylvania is about sauerkraut, pork, mashed potatoes, mushrooms, sweet corn, chicken and dumplings, cheesesteaks, scrapple and liver pudding, chips, shoe fly pie, pretzels, Tastykakes, and world famous, ring bologna.

Get your Pennsylvania sh&t together.
Soft pretzels

Warner with the fall, hopefully too little too late. This is they type of backside damage I was expecting from Iowa. Glad Teske, Seibrecht and Assad got little.

Kale feels more Irish than cabbage. Colcannon, even without bacon or bangers, is amazing. Get the realest buttermilk you can find. Make sure there's a well in the middle of the taters and kale, and make sure it SWIMS in butter.
You know when you're in day 2 of the NCAA's, and we're talking about Irish food - then things are going pretty well for us!!

9 Dean vs 26 Hoffman
WB

Dean with a couple snap down / front headlock positions early. Nothing. Dean with a counter shot. Shelfs the leg. Now up with it. Can’t get two before OOB? Highly questionable but no call and no challenge. Dean upset at the no call. 0-0 after one.

Dean on bottom. Out in 5 seconds. 1-0 Dean. A lot of this tournament is PSU opponent’s back at edge. Dean counters a bad shot and gets a TD. He deserved it; he had been initiating all the action until then. 3-0 Dean after two. 36 secs RT.

Hoffman goes neutral. Hoffman shoots and gets in deep. Scramble ensues. Eventually a stalemate. Dean counter shot gets a TD. 5-0 now. 45 secs to go. OOB with 34 to go. RT at 54 secs. Caution Hoffman. Riding goes over a minute. 6-0 Dean is the final. Will face winner of Harvey/Pentax next.

Last edited:
Ireland is high on my list.
We went for 9d, primarily Dublin with some side trips.

Liked it and glad we did. But if I had to do it all over again, I would break it up into multiple trips.

Dublin is possibly the cheapest Euro entry airport, and with a ton of low-cost flights to the continent. I'd use it as a layover (inbound or return) over multiple trips to Europe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT