ADVERTISEMENT

2019 NCAAs -- Session 2 Thread

Hope our boys in the consols are ready tomorrow, they won't be easy matches.

RBY will have Tucker likely first thing.
Berge's side is somewhat favorable to at least get to R12.
If Shak wins his first, he'll likely have Dakota Geer.

Disappointed in Shak mentally losing that match.

Not sure what RBYs deal is but trying toe wrestle with your hand behind your back doesnt seem like a great strategy.

Berge was expected.

Hopefully we go 6-0 in the quarters tomorrow and these other guys wrestle with some fire

Not sure what RBYs deal is but trying toe wrestle with your hand behind your back doesnt seem like a great strategy.

Berge was expected.

Hopefully we go 6-0 in the quarters tomorrow and these other guys wrestle with some fire
Actually RBY strategy with the arm makes sense against Desanto. Took away his only real takedown , the dump ... RBY gave him the first one by losing position and going big at the end

Berge was expected.

Arm behind back is strategy. Keep Sesanto away from his high crotch/ fireman’s carry series on that side.

Reactions: KFM74
Because they are inconsistent and people expect more at the NCAA tournament.

Officiating wrestling consistently is something good officials strive to do, but it is far from easy

People here who actually have officiated wrestling might know that

Have you ever officiated our sport? Just curious.

Reactions: HipPawk

Berge was expected.

Berge's loss is indeed expected, but it would have been nicer to see him attack more

Officiating wrestling consistently is something good officials strive to do, but it is far from easy

People here who actually have officiated wrestling might know that

Have you ever officiated our sport? Just curious.
When you won’t overturn clear calls like in the RBY match it shows you are more intent on being correct.

Anyone think Shak not getting mat time towards the end of the year hurt him? Ness is good but Shak should’ve beat him easily.
No. Shak needs to use his head, it's that damn simple. He had the win. Sometimes shit happens, sometimes, you allow it. That is what happened and there's no excuse. It's about team.

When you won’t overturn clear calls like in the RBY match it shows you are more intent on being correct.

This. It’s one thing to get it wrong in live action. Inexcusable to get still get it wrong after review. It’s arrogance... And it’s why the review official should be someone different than the match official

I never got to see a replay of that. So I make no comment.

But that's one example

It's being said here that these refs are "atrocious"

I think that's a pretty large exaggeration

Midway through the 2nd quarter, we're up as expected but maybe not as convincing as some would like. The opposition is hanging tough but looking for us to gain some momentum going into the half.

Oh yeah, and we get the ball to start the 3rd.

Fantastic analogy.

I want to add, we're at home. Have had a question PI call against us that led to a TD (RBY) and turned the ball over at the opponents 1 (Shak)

This. It’s one thing to get it wrong in live action. Inexcusable to get still get it wrong after review. It’s arrogance... And it’s why the review official should be someone different than the match official

Does anyone have a link to a replay of that action?

I saw it live on the ESPN3 feed, but the action was really quick and I couldn't tell for sure one way or the other without a replay.

kolo had more takedowns against Berge than he had in the month of February....or so it seemed;)

LOL

I'm cheering for Ashnault since he is easily the most aggressive wrestler in a very dull weight

Zain would dominate these guys with implausible ease

Reactions: PSUoh90
Yup. Tim Donaghy, wrestling referee. :(
Tim Donaghy, wrestling referee. Not very good at it, but hey he passed the test and TnT were pleased with his effort.

The entire concept of having these guys review themselves is a concept coated in a) silliness and b) a complete lack of a basic understanding of psychology.
The mat judge as a second set of eyes is ridiculous also. For as long as I have been involved with and followed wrestling it is a very rare exception the mat judge's job does not involve telling the match referee that he is doing a great job and that call was correct.

A separate judge is really needed, otherwise the only corrections that are made are those that are blatantly obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT