ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 Sixers Thread

Belinelli made some HUGE shots in games when it was exactly what we needed.

He did make some big shots, especially when the shot options were limited. On the flip side, his D was rather limited, so it's questionable how much of a plus he was when on the floor.

There's regular season BB, and there's playoff BB. The regular season is a grind, and while the best teams generally win more games in the regular season, every team is dealing at times with fatigue and injuries, and they rarely have in-depth offensive and defensive plans for their opponent.

In playoff BB, the teams know each others tendencies, their strengths and weaknesses, and they play to their strengths and try to exploit weaknesses. In the playoffs last year, the Sixers had limited O options, especially from the outside. This allowed their opponents while on D to drop off of all Sixers from the outside except Redick and to a lesser extent Embiid, and to clog passing lanes and to double on the cutters and the drivers. On the flip side, Covington was the only Sixer that played above average D. Embiid played decent D, and Simmons played adequate D but was a liability against those that could create a shot off the dribble. Saric was terrible at D, though Redick was even worse. That was too many weaknesses that opponents could attack.

Butler instantly becomes the Sixers best defender, and does change the dynamics a bit. Teams will attack Redick, whenever they get that matchup. To a large extent, how good the D of the new Sixers' lineup will be depends on how well Chandler does.

Reactions: LionJim
Dr_BUkIUcAA8Icy.jpg

Reactions: jmorovich
I drove by a digital billboard on my commute to work this morning, what I saw in large font, "WE BELIEVE IN MARKELLE."

Reactions: Judge Smails
Speaking of shots, was just watching Simmons warm up taking foul shots. The angle was from directly behind the basket. When he snaps his wrist to take a shot his hands are at this weird angle that if he didn't compensate the shot would go 45 degrees to his left. It's no wonder his percentages are so low. There's just no way he can develop a decent jump shot unless he changes this.

Reactions: lamizza
Up 14 against a bad team in the 4th, and they blow it. Seems like we've seen this story before.

I walked away for 5 minutes up 15, and they are down 5. Horrible stretch. I can't understand why engine hangs around the 3 pt line so much. Just lost up and be done with it.

Embid needs to get inside in crunch time...last 5 possessions he took 2 bad shots, sixers had two turnovers and one good shot by JJ. 0 PTS.

Am I the only one that gets nervous when he comes out knocking 3’s down? It looks great and a great way to stretch the D but once he connects with a couple he seems to start drifting out away from the rim for the rest of the game.

In the Charlotte game he single handedly won that game by going down the post and getting fouled EVERY trip. This game they were up by double digits multiple times and every time Orlando made a run, there didn’t seem to be a plan to slow momentum. With Joel, you should be able to stop any run with a post up. He’s finally got the respect of the officials and they are giving him a ton of calls. He needs to take advantage of that.

Last night was so frustrating to watch between those Orlando runs and Browns lineups....

Reactions: LionJim
Sixers blew a 16 point lead and are looking like shit in the 4th quarter. Sloppy ball from my Sixers this evening. Butler looking good.

Reactions: jmorovich
Sixers blew a 16 point lead and are looking like shit in the 4th quarter. Sloppy ball from my Sixers this evening. Butler looking good.

The starting lineup built up that lead just like in Orlando yet that lineup has never been on the court again together.

I can’t figure out Browns lineup moves to save my life.

Embid had 4 fouls early in the 3rd quarter, so it’s hard for Brown to keep the starting lineup intact.

Second half yes...but that line up never seen the floor again in the first half.

Hopefully these last 3 minutes keeps this lineup

Nice win for the Sixers. Will be interesting to see if they make a play for KCP of the Lakers. KCP cant be traded until 12/15 and he's underutilized on the Lakers. Also has an expiring contract which would be a plus for the Sixers.

ESPN feature game of Toronto at Boston was really good hoops.

Celtics with Kyrie going for 43 points and 11 assists overcame the Raptors (Leonard 31 pts/15 rebounds) for the win in overtime.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401070897
The east is going to be a dog fight. If philly can pick up Korver, watch out. Embiid might be the best player in the east. The sixers probably have 3 of the top 6 players in the east. That’s amazing. Some combo of embiid, Simmons, butler, Irving, Leonard, and giannis.

Also, after last nights installment of the Markelle Fultz free throw experience, I don’t know why he hasn’t just gone to the two handed underhand shot. Can’t hurt your shoulders that way. I bet you can get north of 65% that way too.

There is a rumor on Fultz that surfaced last year and has resurfaced again this week that he was injured on a BMX bike or motorcycle either right befor or after the draft. Several internet sites this week said a source connected to the Sixers said there was in fact some type of off court injury.

Reactions: bmw199
There is a rumor on Fultz that surfaced last year and has resurfaced again this week that he was injured on a BMX bike or motorcycle either right befor or after the draft. Several internet sites this week said a source connected to the Sixers said there was in fact some type of off court injury.

That really is the only thing that makes sense. I mean one day your draining 3's in the summer league, then a couple of weeks later you look like you've never shot a basketball before?

I had a mountain bike accident 2 years ago. Landed on my shoulder. Still bothers me. Feels like I don't have complete range of motion and generally feels weak.

That really is the only thing that makes sense. I mean one day your draining 3's in the summer league, then a couple of weeks later you look like you've never shot a basketball before?

I had a mountain bike accident 2 years ago. Landed on my shoulder. Still bothers me. Feels like I don't have complete range of motion and generally feels weak.
I said this over and over last year. I crushed my scapula nerve in tackling drills during summer camp my senior year, 14 years later if I turn my head to quick I get a shock up my neck. Compact injuries in the area can be very long term.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Kemba Walker is lightning it up tonight against us with 56 thus far. Wow.. Sixers have no defense for him.

Ugly win for the good guys last night. The Sixers truly played down to the level of the Suns, but a win is a win. Another big night for Embiid and Muscala had 19 points. Solid play from Simmons and Butler. Fultz had zero points and Brown said he is not sure who will be the backup PG in the future. Way too many turnovers and sloppy D.

Brand was interviewed and make made it sound like the Sixers are committed to another trade. Bradley Beal is now on the market and could be the shooter the Sixers seek.

Reactions: Kmase21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT