ADVERTISEMENT

Yankees will face Trevor Bauer this week

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
as he pitches an exhibition game for a Mexican team facing the Yankees.

For anyone not paying attention, Bauer was accused by a woman of sexual abuse and assault three years ago and was kicked off the Dodgers and out of MLB. he eventually beat her in court (they settled with no money changing hands) and the LA prosecutor decided not to file criminal charges. Bauer is a loon who has gotten into trouble a lot of times but all were much less than these assault charges. Even though, no MBL team seems to want to take a chance on him. Oh, he also was one of the best pitchers in Japan last year. In 19 games for Yokohama, he registered a 10–4 record and 2.76 ERA with 130 strikeouts.

Should be fun to watch.

For anyone not paying attention, Bauer was accused by a woman of sexual abuse and assault three years ago and was kicked off the Dodgers and out of MLB. he eventually beat her in court (they settled with no money changing hands) and the LA prosecutor decided not to file criminal charges. Bauer is a loon who has gotten into trouble a lot of times but all were much less than these assault charges. Even though, no MBL team seems to want to take a chance on him. Oh, he also was one of the best pitchers in Japan last year. In 19 games for Yokohama, he registered a 10–4 record and 2.76 ERA with 130 strikeouts.

Should be fun to watch.

If the Pirates took a risk and signed him, he could go a long way to making them into a playoff team this year because of their winnable division. However, that would be expecting too much of that unambitious organization. It's obvious that he's being blackballed by MLB.

Should be fun to watch.

I'd sign him to the league minimum. His only mistake was messing around with a gold digger. Before any of you go all Holier the Thou on me. I would never do what he did, but to deny that there is a certain portion on the population into that is wrong. I don't know if there is a domestic violence clause in MLB like the NFL but this guy wasn't found guilty of anything and I'm pretty sure was an open book. Whatever borderline playoff team signs him is going to be a lot better team.

I'd sign him to the league minimum. His only mistake was messing around with a gold digger. Before any of you go all Holier the Thou on me. I would never do what he did, but to deny that there is a certain portion on the population into that is wrong. I don't know if there is a domestic violence clause in MLB like the NFL but this guy wasn't found guilty of anything and I'm pretty sure was an open book. Whatever borderline playoff team signs him is going to be a lot better team.
Agree. IIRC, she had text messages telling a friend she was going to get rich by entrapping him and also that she bragged about doctoring injuries before going for medical care.

Reactions: bison13
Agree. IIRC, she had text messages telling a friend she was going to get rich by entrapping him and also that she bragged about doctoring injuries before going for medical care.
Ah yes, MLB trying to make you forget they’re the organization who actually banned players from participation solely because they were black. So virtuous.

Ah yes, MLB trying to make you forget they’re the organization who actually banned players from participation solely because they were black. So virtuous.
Yeah, every time they celebrate Jackie Robinson, the guy who broke the color barrier, they must be trying to make us forget.

Yeah, every time they celebrate Jackie Robinson, the guy who broke the color barrier, they must be trying to make us forget.
Yes, just like the mob sponsored Italian American celebrations and Al Capone famously ran soup kitchens during the depression. MLB owners and especially the commissioner are now just good-hearted citizens. Why Commissioner Manfred has such a high opinion of black people that he moved the All-Star game from Georgia because he thinks black people are too stupid to be able to get ID.

Should be fun to watch.

BTW that was rough. less than a day and cut everyone off the TB.

Yes, just like the mob sponsored Italian American celebrations and Al Capone famously ran soup kitchens during the depression. MLB owners and especially the commissioner are now just good-hearted citizens. Why Commissioner Manfred has such a high opinion of black people that he moved the All-Star game from Georgia because he thinks black people are too stupid to be able to get ID.
Relax and watch some Peacock.

Reactions: pennstatepelly
Trevor Bauer is an interesting case.

I find him an incredibly devout student of his craft. His knowledge of pitching, and training, is outstanding. He really puts everything he has into it ... the development and learning. He was one of the trailblazers in the "new way" to do things, and I'm a huge proponent of that movement, which has pretty much taken over the world of pitching, at this point. I completely respect him for that.

He's also a pretty abrasive individual, as well. I can't imagine not wanting to throttle him on a daily basis.

And then there's the whole scandal situation I'm hypersensitive to domestic/sexual abuse situations. One allegation became three. But he's actually done a very good job of spelling out his case as to why most, if not all of it, is baseless. Still, some folks claim, even if it was consensual, some of the actions were still reprehensible, in their view.

And I waffle back and forth as to whether it's worth it to give him another chance, or to just move on.

That comparison makes no sense. When baseball celebrates Jackie Robinson, it literally reminds everyone of baseball's racist past. Purposely reminding people is quite the opposite of trying to make them forget. Running a soup kitchen didn't remind people that Capone killed people. It probably was an attempt to make people forget, although not a very effective one.

That comparison makes no sense. When baseball celebrates Jackie Robinson, it literally reminds everyone of baseball's racist past. Purposely reminding people is quite the opposite of trying to make them forget. Running a soup kitchen didn't remind people that Capone killed people. It probably was an attempt to make people forget, although not a very effective one.
Agreed. College football was racist at the time too, at least in the south. Its not like MLB was the only one.

Trevor Bauer is an interesting case.

I find him an incredibly devout student of his craft. His knowledge of pitching, and training, is outstanding. He really puts everything he has into it ... the development and learning. He was one of the trailblazers in the "new way" to do things, and I'm a huge proponent of that movement, which has pretty much taken over the world of pitching, at this point. I completely respect him for that.

He's also a pretty abrasive individual, as well. I can't imagine not wanting to throttle him on a daily basis.

And then there's the whole scandal situation I'm hypersensitive to domestic/sexual abuse situations. One allegation became three. But he's actually done a very good job of spelling out his case as to why most, if not all of it, is baseless. Still, some folks claim, even if it was consensual, some of the actions were still reprehensible, in their view.

And I waffle back and forth as to whether it's worth it to give him another chance, or to just move on.
Bauer is an extremely unlikeable and abrasive person. Having said that he was screwed by the “ woke” commissioner just like Atlanta over the Georgia election law.

She destroyed his career and his life. But I bet she gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

It should be a national law that falsely accusing someone of sexual assault or rape should carry the same punishment as the assault itself.
Yep. And there is. and that is why she is being charged.

Yep. And there is. and that is why she is being charged.
No. There is not a "national law" ... this is a state law. And she's not being charged solely because of a false accusation ... it was the attempt to derive a benefit from that false accusation that established the alleged crime.

No. There is not a "national law" ... this is a state law. And she's not being charged solely because of a false accusation ... it was the attempt to derive a benefit from that false accusation that established the alleged crime.
you are correct. In my defense, is there a state that doesn't have this kind of law?

And to your point on "direct benefit", of course, that makes complete sense. If someone cannot make the claim of sexual assault at risk of being charged that would severely lower the number of legit claims where the perp is found innocent even though they are likely guilty. So false claims are typically brought for benefit.

This feels a bit like Kaepernick. There's still some talent left in the tank but absolutely nobody wants to deal with the PR nightmare that comes along with signing him.

This feels a bit like Kaepernick. There's still some talent left in the tank but absolutely nobody wants to deal with the PR nightmare that comes along with signing him.
He pitched for a pro team in Japan last year and was 10-4 with a 2.78 ERA. These Japanese fields are hitter-friendly compared to the MLB. Also, this is after he sat out a full year so am willing to bet there was some rust early on.

I get your point though. No matter if he was not guilty at all the teams don't want to take the hit as the MSM will paint that team as being insensitive to women's issues.

Bauer was infinitely better as a pitcher than Kaepernick was as a QB
Kaepernick wasn't willing to take a contract that was equal to his worth. Bauer would pitch for free.

Kaepernick wasn't willing to take a contract that was equal to his worth. Bauer would pitch for free.
yep. Cy Young award winner as well as a finalist in several other years. Unlike CK, Beauer did it.

Now, he has been a problem. He once threw the ball over the center field fence when HoF skilled Tito Francona pulled him from a game. he also cut his hand before the World Series when with the Tribe on a drone. That probably cost them the series. He's also been known to not mix well in the clubhouse (why he was traded from the Diamondbacks to the Tribe early in his career).

He seems to have matured, at age 33, but I understand the hesitancy.

yep. Cy Young award winner as well as a finalist in several other years. Unlike CK, Beauer did it.

Now, he has been a problem. He once threw the ball over the center field fence when HoF skilled Tito Francona pulled him from a game. he also cut his hand before the World Series when with the Tribe on a drone. That probably cost them the series. He's also been known to not mix well in the clubhouse (why he was traded from the Diamondbacks to the Tribe early in his career).

He seems to have matured, at age 33, but I understand the hesitancy.
Yeah, he's always been "a problem" but just in terms of play he was elite. Completely agree

Reactions: Obliviax
He pitched for a pro team in Japan last year and was 10-4 with a 2.78 ERA. These Japanese fields are hitter-friendly compared to the MLB. Also, this is after he sat out a full year so am willing to bet there was some rust early on.

I get your point though. No matter if he was not guilty at all the teams don't want to take the hit as the MSM will paint that team as being insensitive to women's issues.
How ironic. If you allow a professional athlete, who was targeted by a woman’s scheme to blackmail him, to continue to seek employment you are painted as insensitive to women. But if you oppose men playing women’s sports you’re called a bigot.

Reactions: 91Joe95
How ironic. If you allow a professional athlete, who was targeted by a woman’s scheme to blackmail him, to continue to seek employment you are painted as insensitive to women. But if you oppose men playing women’s sports you’re called a bigot.
playing devils advocate, they don't consider themselves to be "men".

He's said he'd play for the league minimum. I'm surprised a team like the Marlins haven't signed him. Couldn't be too much outrage from a team where nobody goes to the games. Heck, could boost attendance from women's groups showing up to boo when he pitches.

He's said he'd play for the league minimum. I'm surprised a team like the Marlins haven't signed him. Couldn't be too much outrage from a team where nobody goes to the games. Heck, could boost attendance from women's groups showing up to boo when he pitches.
Sadly, she won. She proved he’d have been better off to pay the extortion money

FWIW......as it relates to PSU......Bauer's lawyer/agent, Jon Fetterolf, was on the Dan Abrams show last week and the only thing behind him (the agent) was a cabinet with a PSU hat that looked like it was purposely placed on top of another hat

Reactions: Obliviax
The pirate already have Chapman, so he isn't excluded based upon abuse. He is known as a locker room cancer. The 2 together are currently insurmountable. Someone will eventually get desperate and sign him after a run of injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT