ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 Sixers Thread

For as great a coach as Brown is supposed to be, I just don’t see it. He isn’t awful, but not the savant he was reputed to be after coming from San Antonio and wallowing with no talent for years. He strikes me as a “man manager” more than a tactician like Brad Stevens.

I brought this up last year when he was getting worked by Stevens and I was told on this board how it’s not his fault and that the players didn’t make plays etc etc...in close games he makes decisions that don’t make sense.

Your down by only 1, you have Covington and Super hot reddick on the floor, and you wind up with your 7’ 2” center shooting a 3? How about a play to the basket with potential for a foul?

Saric 0-7 at the half. The whole international play needs to end if the wants to play for the Sixers. He looks like he has cement in his sneaks.

I missed the game, but the Sixers beat the Hawks 113-92, and Fultz had a NBA career-high 16 points. ;)

I missed the game, but the Sixers beat the Hawks 113-92, and Fultz had a NBA career-high 16 points. ;)

Certainly some positives for the Sixers last night. Fultz had several lightening quick drives to the basket, did hit a three, but still shooting a very low percentage from the field. Hawks pretty much left him unguarded in the perimeter. Shamet looked good with 13 pts. He loves to shoot. Simmons had another big night. Toronto tonight.

Shamet has been a pleasant surprise. Plays like he belongs out there, decent shot and defense, knows the game. Definitely looks like a quality bench/role player for the Sixers.

Sixers can't hang with the upper tier teams. Leonard took Simmons to school last night. Sixers are missing some pieces to the puzzle. Fultz is a disaster. How much more time is Brett going to give Fultz to he realizes this pick was a bust? I love the Sixers and as a fan its been a tough road. I hope we can get this back on track before it's to late. I just don't see Fultz in the plan to make this happen.

Remember their 1st round pick, Smith, will be rejoining the team in December, and he is known for his defense.

Sixers can't hang with the upper tier teams. Leonard took Simmons to school last night. Sixers are missing some pieces to the puzzle. Fultz is a disaster. How much more time is Brett going to give Fultz to he realizes this pick was a bust? I love the Sixers and as a fan its been a tough road. I hope we can get this back on track before it's to late. I just don't see Fultz in the plan to make this happen.
This was what, game 20 for Fultz? He definitely looks to be improving as the season wears on. It’s not his fault that Brown went all in for max free agents and didn’t address the bench. Fultz can’t be expected to go toe to toe with Kawhi Leonard at this point.

Shamet seems to be settling into a nice little role off the bench and is shooting pretty well from deep.

Nice to add Smith to the rotation in a couple weeks

When was the last time the sixers first draft pick actually plaid much in his rookie season

Embiid missed 2 - 3 years
Simmons Missed year
Fultz played very sparingly
Smith ?????

Beat a tam tonight who had been playng well. Embiid was dominant!

Nice road win for the Sixers last night. Shamet is clearly one of the biggest steals in the draft and is a true shooting guard. He is a fearless shooter. Fultz had another pedestrian night. Three games in a row with no 3 point shots. Pacers dropped off coverage on him, like all teams are doing, when Fultz is in the perimeter.

Would like to see Shamet pick up another 5 minutes of PT per game and Fultz sit another 5. Saris looked really good last night. Hopefully he has his legs and stamina back.

Reactions: Kmase21
10...9....8....76ers!!!

Joel with an MVP type effort

Strange game. I turned it off at the half, as the Sixers were up 15. Kemba Walker had a great 4th quarter, and the Sixers struggled to tie it up at the end (which they did). They seemed to have it in hand in the OT, but Charlotte nailed a 3 just before the buzzer to make it a 133-132, Sixers win.

Embiid with a 3 near the end of regulation to tie the game.

I still worry about the Sixers D. Saric and Redick don't do much on D. Simmons is adequate, but you'd expect more from him as he often has a size advantage. Covington does a decent job on D, though he's not a shut-down defender. Embiid is pretty good on D, but still falls for too many fakes. The O is what gets people out of their seats, but D is needed to win games, especially in the playoffs.

Strange game. I turned it off at the half, as the Sixers were up 15. Kemba Walker had a great 4th quarter, and the Sixers struggled to tie it up at the end (which they did). They seemed to have it in hand in the OT, but Charlotte nailed a 3 just before the buzzer to make it a 133-132, Sixers win.

Embiid with a 3 near the end of regulation to tie the game.

I still worry about the Sixers D. Saric and Redick don't do much on D. Simmons is adequate, but you'd expect more from him as he often has a size advantage. Covington does a decent job on D, though he's not a shut-down defender. Embiid is pretty good on D, but still falls for too many fakes. The O is what gets people out of their seats, but D is needed to win games, especially in the playoffs.

Let's be honest, Embiid took a million steps before hitting that three. Hey, not complaining though.

Sounds like Zhaire Smith's recovery from the procedure used in his food allergy attack is not going well. Sixers have scratched a 2018 return and there is now a question if he returns at all this season. He is not able to eat a proper diet, lost a ton of weight and muscle tone, and cant work out. The food allergy issue has resulted in him not being able to do any rehab on his foot.

Last edited:
Embiid, Simmons, Fultz now smith that we may lose for the season as their rookie year. Is this just bad luck or what? The curse continues. As long as he come back strong and healthy it took Joel 2 years and it was worth waiting for. What a beast!! Sam knew what he was doing with this pick.

The Sixers played terrible for a long stretch of time in the 4th quarter. The referees called a foul against the Sixers on almost every possession but towards the end of the 4th, Embid drew a foul almost every time he touched the ball and made a ton of free throws, so I guess it evened out. Just not a great game to watch with so many ticky tack calls.

Very nice pick. Not a big Covington fan Saric I did like tough player always hustling. Sixers needed a guy like Butler to run with the elite teams. Now let's see how we do.:D

Butler is a good, very good player.

But he’s a head case. He’s only 1/2 as good as he thinks he is.

I guess they wouldn’t take Fultz.

Great trade, but he is a free agent at the end of the year. Good situation for Jimmy however in a good market so hopefully he will want to stay in Philly.

This appears to be a good deal for the Sixers. They keep that Heat pick, which will come in handy. Brown has his third star and they may be able to get another max slot. This is their best shot to compete with Toronto and Boston.

Reactions: jmorovich
I assume Butler plays the 3. Who takes over at 4? Definitely an upgrade to the current roster. But Butler is 29. As long as he has 3-4 superstar caliber years left, and can play second or third fiddle on this roster, it’s worth the price.

I guess they wouldn’t take Fultz.

Great trade, but he is a free agent at the end of the year. Good situation for Jimmy however in a good market so hopefully he will want to stay in Philly.
Reports are that both sides expect to reach an extension next July. I doubt the Sixers did this for a rental.

ADVERTISEMENT