ADVERTISEMENT

VA Tech/NC St., IA/OK St., MO/IA St. duals

Zach Elam has nothing for Younger Bastida and gets majored 13-4.

ISU wins 41-3 over the limping Mizzou.

Reactions: danoftw
LOL! He’s a true freshman 174 wrestling the #2 184 in the country. Very knowledgeable of you.
Yeah, going up against Plott was a tough ask of Arnold, but was glad to see Brands put him out there.

Arnold is obviously strong, athletic, and hard to score on. That said, there also appears to be an element of truth about his limited offense. And not just referring to his bout against Plott.

Last edited:
lol Carter was commenting on UFC posts that he would beat everyone in his weight class. Did something similar at trials too didn’t he?

Stop the presses! “Young athletes is extremely confident.”

Real fans know Gabe’s tweet was simply an homage to the great Starocci

Reactions: jmadden1998
How does OK St think points are scored? They don't seem to try to get takedowns.

I know it's cliche at this point, but I think Iowa has more takedowns than OK St has shots taken.

How does OK St think points are scored? They don't seem to try to get takedowns.

I know it's cliche at this point, but I think Iowa has more takedowns than OK St has shots taken.
Probably true. But who thought Iowa would have 11 TDS

Saw the match. Iowa looked ready to wrestle and OK St looked out of shape. It was like OK St forgot what a TD was. Overall aggressive vs tentative.
Agree with that assessment. OSU had not much in the third period. If that's what they bring to NCAA they won't do well.

I see the mention of AJ on GIA is still causing some divide amongst the fans.

If Zach AA's this year (and I hope he does - great kid!), would you Iowa fans here support Tom's decision if he brings AJ back next fall to man 197 if Zach returns (it's looking like he will)?

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel

If Zach AA's this year (and I hope he does - great kid!), would you Iowa fans here support Tom's decision if he brings AJ back next fall to man 197 if Zach returns (it sounds like he will)?
I do not support bringing AJ onto the team regardless of Glazier's results this year

If Zach AA's this year (and I hope he does - great kid!), would you Iowa fans here support Tom's decision if he brings AJ back next fall to man 197 if Zach returns (it's looking like he will)?
I fully support Brands trying to bring AJ onto the team. Just the mere discussion and rumors will drive away recruits and members of the current team. Best yet, the new AD probably shoots down AJ again.

Okie State fans have to be really frustrated with that effort..............unless they no longer know any better.............................

I know Plott is the #2 184 but that match should be an obvious indicator Gabe is never going to be an 184, he was dwarfed by Plott who was an 174 up until this point. I don't think Gabe has anymore room to add muscle without significantly slowing himself down (which is part of what makes him great)

He battles, no doubt about that, he avoided like 2 sure takedowns but he wasn't close to scoring his own.

Pretty sure it was meant to be in response to Gabe calling Carter overrated
They know that. The hawk firefighters have become very delicate about what the most insecure fan base laughs at.
When the hawks are competitive again the banter will get back to winning matches, meets, titles. Things should be back to normal in 8/10/? years or so.

LOL! He’s a true freshman 174 wrestling the #2 184 in the country. Very knowledgeable of you.
You're right, I should have posted #legendinhisownmind.

stripes lighten GIF

Yeah, going up against Plott tough ask of Arnold, but was glad to see Brands put him out there.

Arnold is obviously strong, athletic, and hard to score on. That said, there also appears to be an element of truth about his limited offense. And not just referring to his bout against Plott.
At least he's in the best room in the country to develop an offense.

The virus has been identified as a cocktail of bacteria from McDonough’s headgear, lab raised recreational raccoons, dry foot flakes that brands twisted out of his sneaker, and the flying slobber droplets of knowledgeable GIAs raging against “The Slush”.
GIA scientist worked on antidotes to protect their hawks. The only one that worked, smearing the cocktail on a teammate’s knee and shooting it, was never approved.
I heard just for good measure they threw in a busted pair of glasses someone found in Tulsa.

Just watched the Iowa-OSU dual. OSU is filled with terrible scramblers. There were at least 2-3 matches - chief among them Surber’s - where they just handed Iowa a TD doing something moronic while scrambling

They know that. The hawk firefighters have become very delicate about what the most insecure fan base laughs at.
When the hawks are competitive again the banter will get back to winning matches, meets, titles. Things should be back to normal in 8/10/? years or so.
Just putting in work.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT