ADVERTISEMENT

MI@tOSU, IA@IL, etc...

Just got back from the match. Think Bormet was clapping in jest. He went over to the official during the team handshakes, got within an inch or two of the official and was screaming for a good 2 minutes. Official just kept saying okay, okay. Was quite intense.
Example #66 as to why attending matches and taking in the wide view far exceeds TV commentary.

IIRC we've seen our 184 wrestle heavy. Its not ideal but it is possible. It kills me to see anybody hand the other team 6 points without at least making them compete. Could DR have bumped up to face Mendez and allow someone else to wrestle 133? Sure, he could lose, but he could have lost to Bouzakis. It demonstrates the utter lack of value placed on winning dual meets IMO. Unless their 133 backup is so bad that they know he would get teched or pinned automatically why not try?
Poetic justice that Mich rolled over and forfeit a match only to lose the dual by a point. I don't like forfeits, especially when most squads have well over 30 kids.

Now if the FF was due to a failed last minute skin check and they didn't travel anyone near that weight, Then it may have been unavoidable.

I only play a Dr. on TV, but honest to god I think there is a sensible way solution to that problem as well. Just cover it up for god's sake.

And a wrap.

Reactions: Ski
Another one that didn't age well. LOL. Just remember that he had a hard time finding a spot in Lehigh's lineup. His ranking may be a little inflated.
There were other bigger reasons for not making Lehigh's lineup, such as the out-of-state drug arrest. Glad he's put that behind him.

Reactions: baccafarmer
There were other bigger reasons for not making Lehigh's lineup, such as the out-of-state drug arrest. Glad he's put that behind him.
Glad also, but that event was after he struggled to find a spot. I went to Lehigh's wrestle-offs his freshman year and he did not look good.

Glad also, but that event was after he struggled to find a spot. I went to Lehigh's wrestle-offs his freshman year and he did not look good.
That arrest couldn't have been his first time with drugs. It was the kind of thing that you see with people who are in way too deep for way too long.

Whether it went all the way back to freshman wrestle-offs, IDK but it wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Yeah, but I think he needs to weigh in at 185 or something more to do it.
It took me some time to find it in the NCAA Rule Book, but I finally did. It also appears that other than for heavyweight, a wrestler may shift to any higher weight class.

Section 7. Shifts in Weight Class — Dual Meets. A competitor who weighs in for one weight class may be shifted to any higher weight class with the possible exception of heavyweight, where any wrestler competing in the heavyweight class must weigh a minimum of 183 pounds.

He was applauding during the match. It was sarcastic. Go back and watch, he was doing it during the 2nd period rideout when the stalls were called.
This^^. Bormet was clearly peeved and was expressing his displeasure by sarcastically smiling and clapping. I thought this to be quite obvious.

Reactions: baccafarmer
Ruth was disappointing. Got in twice in 1st Period for what should have been takedowns, but really lacking on his finish attempts. He's strong and quick, missing something, maybe coaching?
Who knows? Maybe desire, or a killer instinct. A long time ago, I had a friend who was on scholly for Franklin and Marshall. After a year or so, he quit. When I asked why he quit he told me it wasn't fun at college, every practice somebody was "trying to rip my head off". After a couple years of bouncing around he ended up as PSP trooper, and last I heard, retired. I imagine some guys just don't enjoy it after a while.

Then again maybe it's Poeta's coloring books..

Illinois looked terrible. I've always been surprised how bad they are with the talent they have in that State
See above comment about coloring books.

Indiana-Purdue on BTN+ has actual wrestling announcers who understand wrestling. We’re stuck with volunteers from the sports information department? WTF?

• Haha
Reactions: Creek Side
Brayton Lee vs Blaze has the same dynamic as DeAug vs Davis where it seems like one of the guys could be the other’s dad. LOL.

Great match. Lee won with a TD in short time in the third.

I like Glazier. Wrestles hard and keeps us from having to watch the jackass
I'm a fan of him also. Like his "go go go" style and definitely a kid who looks like a potential AA.

I find it funny that so many Iowa fans who are supporting him now treated him just as a "fill in" for half a year and then tried to pass some of the 197 Scuffle blame on him, with some outright saying "he started it" (as if the incident wasn't filmed and we don't have eyes) as a way to limit AJ's blame so he can still find his way onto the team.

After watching Olejnik vs Carr there is zero doubt in my mind that MM's floor is 3rd. Carr barely had to get out of 2nd gear to beat that guy.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
Methinks your sensitivity meter is turned to 11. There are virtually no Kemerer detractors among the sane here. The jokes with his name in them are pokes at the leadership in IC.
Sorry guys, I'm not on the board enough to know your inuendos and such. Without context it came off as a diss to Michael.
As Hawk fans we are well aware of the injury bug we seem to have and wrestlers not being coached up to expectations. 😏

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I'm not on the board enough to know your inuendos and such. Without context it came off as a diss to Michael.
As Hawk fans we are well aware of the injury bug we seem to have and wrestlers not being coached up to expectations. 😏
Glad you all love Kem. Met him at the Niceville duals.
Great guy and total class.
Kemerer is impossible to not like/respect. I mean …. he received a hat tip and salute from Carter Starocci at retirement. Speaks volumes.

I'm a fan of him also. Like his "go go go" style and definitely a kid who looks like a potential AA.

I find it funny that so many Iowa fans who are supporting him now treated him just as a "fill in" for half a year and then tried to pass some of the 197 Scuffle blame on him, with some outright saying "he started it" (as if the incident wasn't filmed and we don't have eyes) as a way to limit AJ's blame so he can still find his way onto the team.
Let's just say he found some weak spots

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT