ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Championship Finals

I think O'Toole is gonna have to go through Hamiti this time instead of Carr.
Carr is 2-0 against Hamiti. Not saying it can’t change but a lot of people, you especially, are counting out Carr which is crazy to me. KOT does seem to have his number at this point though even with their series tied 2-2

I feel like this will be where Bastida's carriage turns into a pumpkin.

Hendrickson had a leg elevated and when he tried to kick out the other Bastida turned and grabbed the leg and took him to his back for 3 and got 3 NF. He’s up 6-2 end of 2

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
Hendrickson with a TD near the edge. Oob. Let’s Bastida up. 7-5. Bastida counters and almost takes Hendrickson to his back again but no NF. He’s up 10-5. Hendrickson escapes and Bastida backs out for a stall point to make it 10-7. That’s how it ends.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
Yonger is an NCAA champ level HWT. I think Kerk is better but Yonger does stuff that heavyweights should not be able to do

Big 12 Championship Finals Results

125: #5 J.Volk (WYO) DEC #2 T.Spratley (OKST) 3-2
133: #1 D.Fix (OKST) MD #2 E.Frost (ISU) 8-5
141: #1 A.Echemendia (ISU) DEC #3 C.Happel (UNI)
149: #3 T.Watters (WVU) OVER #4 J.Williams (OKST) Injury Default
157: #2 R.Downey (UNI) DEC #4 C.Chittum (ISU) 2OT 5-3
165: #1 K.O'Toole (MIZZ) DEC #2 D.Carr (ISU) 8-2
174 final: #1 C.DeVos (SDSU) DEC #7 G.Sax (NDSU) 6-4
184: #1 P.Keckeisen (UNI) MD #2 D.Plott (OKST) 14-5
197: #1 T.Sloan (SDSU) DEC #3 R.Elam (MIZZ) 1-0
285: #2 Y.Bastida (ISU) DEC #1 W.Hendrickson (AF) 10-7

No chance they put Carr and O’Toole on the same side. The blowback would be crazy.
The NCAA has had zero problem forcing conference rivals sort it out in the earlier rounds than the finals. Further, there isn’t any other seeding that makes sense….other than a sliver of MM being the 1….which would be bad seeding.

Never mind that Carr hasn’t earned a seed higher than the 4.

I was wondering that too—seems very possible. DGK is gonna have to be on his A game against that guy—he has leveled up big time at Hvy.

While I don't disagree at all and really think Bastida would have the best chance against Kerkvliet, a lot of people also thought that Hendrickson matched up well and might give Kerk fits in the all-star classic and Kerk dismantled him. We'll see, but PSU guys do shine when the lights are the brightest and I'm not betting against Kerkvliet even against the field.

While I don't disagree at all and really think Bastida would have the best chance against Kerkvliet, a lot of people also thought that Hendrickson matched up well and might give Kerk fits in the all-star classic and Kerk dismantled him. We'll see, but PSU guys do shine when the lights are the brightest and I'm not betting against Kerkvliet even against the field.
I wouldn’t pick Yonger to win, but Greg will have to wrestle a tactical match, I think. I am hoping he can ride the snot out of him.

Re Hendrickson: I’d probably look more closely at Greg’s 4-2 semi win over him last year than the ASC match, right after Hendrickson was clearly injured in winning his U23 title. The separation's probably somewhere in between those 2 results.

Last edited:
Reactions: hlstone and billrag
The NCAA has had zero problem forcing conference rivals sort it out in the earlier rounds than the finals. Further, there isn’t any other seeding that makes sense….other than a sliver of MM being the 1….which would be bad seeding.

Never mind that Carr hasn’t earned a seed higher than the 4.
If MM,KOT, Ramirez and Carr were all freshman wouldnt MM get #1 seed? Undefeated B10 champ and all.....

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
If MM,KOT, Ramirez and Carr were all freshman wouldnt MM get #1 seed? Undefeated B10 champ and all.....
I understand the concept but currently coaches poll would have to move KOT out of number one after beating Carr. Tough ask.

It’s not like it won’t happen, and like I said, the NCAA no longer worries about letting conference top guys sort it out before the finals.

I have no problem with Bastida getting the #1 over Kerk ... the schedule that ISU had gave him the better head-2-head quality points. When he mauled Feldman at CKLV he got my attention

Big 12 Championship Finals Results

125: #5 J.Volk (WYO) DEC #2 T.Spratley (OKST) 3-2
133: #1 D.Fix (OKST) MD #2 E.Frost (ISU) 8-5
141: #1 A.Echemendia (ISU) DEC #3 C.Happel (UNI)
149: #3 T.Watters (WVU) OVER #4 J.Williams (OKST) Injury Default
157: #2 R.Downey (UNI) DEC #4 C.Chittum (ISU) 2OT 5-3
165: #1 K.O'Toole (MIZZ) DEC #2 D.Carr (ISU) 8-2
174 final: #1 C.DeVos (SDSU) DEC #7 G.Sax (NDSU) 6-4
184: #1 P.Keckeisen (UNI) MD #2 D.Plott (OKST) 14-5
197: #1 T.Sloan (SDSU) DEC #3 R.Elam (MIZZ) 1-0
285: #2 Y.Bastida (ISU) DEC #1 W.Hendrickson (AF) 10-7
Was the fix score 8-5. If so how is that a major?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT