ADVERTISEMENT

The Iowa board is comical.....

"No. Nobody cared because the victims were OkieState fans and they got what they deserved. Probably liked it."

"The victims were OSU fans and probably enjoyed their time with Sandusky so most did not come forward until after the fact."

Actually, Mr. Zwicker, the victims were probably Penn State fans-or would have been. And to say there was no cover up was as delusional as you can get. But as I said there, none of the PSU wrestlers or wrestling coaches were involved, so it doesn't belong on a wrestling board, either way.

And the poster that started it all (Cowboy Medic) had his first post I saw on the wrestling board on March 15. This board should know very well, once the idiots get on a roll it is tough to get them shut up. I don't know who the moderator is (It obviously isn't Obe or I) but yes they should have stepped in.

They didn't like it on HR when I suggested that throwing stuff around about Sandusky was about as bad as throwing stuff around about Gable's sister. Both should be off-limits for any person even slightly above totally reprehensible. Tragic events that any human abhors. You want to talk about trolling.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
"No. Nobody cared because the victims were OkieState fans and they got what they deserved. Probably liked it."

"The victims were OSU fans and probably enjoyed their time with Sandusky so most did not come forward until after the fact."

Actually, Mr. Zwicker, the victims were probably Penn State fans-or would have been. And to say there was no cover up was as delusional as you can get. But as I said there, none of the PSU wrestlers or wrestling coaches were involved, so it doesn't belong on a wrestling board, either way.

And the poster that started it all (Cowboy Medic) had his first post I saw on the wrestling board on March 15. This board should know very well, once the idiots get on a roll it is tough to get them shut up. I don't know who the moderator is (It obviously isn't Obe or I) but yes they should have stepped in.
All it really takes is for one person to flag the offending posts.

That Medic's multiple Pedo State posts remain several days later, says something about that board.

Reactions: diggerpup and Gebmo
"Formidable For Fifth" would make a pretty cool Tshirt for the Hawk fans to run around in. Minnesota could print some "Savvy for Sixth" shirts to go along with the theme. I've learned some pretty cool stuff reading through the HRn trash this past hour.

Cael tries to win all of the time and that makes him a really bad guy. Brands is a good guy and would never place importance on winning. PSU will burn out because it is too fun there? Yes an idiot said that. All parents are so poor they could never afford to pay even part of the kids education. A kid should always honor his verbal commitment, but its ok to take a free ride while you redshirt and expect an unconditional release as long as your going to Iowa. PSU guys were so good this year it means they will under perform next year, so again we see the losing is better theme. I hope they don't nail poor Spencer to a cross or anything crazy, for they are 100% convinced he is the savior of that program. Talk about weight of the world. The wide open high octane style PSU wrestles is boring. We need a push out rule so Iowa has some way to score. Refs hate Iowa. Everyone is jealous of the 4/th place team including the champions. Mark Hall is old for his grade so he is bad. Cory Clark who is also old for his grade is good. Gavin Teasdale was good but is now bad. PSU fans are insufferable. Insufferable Iowa fans are just loyal. It is really honorable to kick ISU while they are down. It is really bad to even slightly kick Iowa when they are down.

It is my understanding that they are changing the board name slightly to "H.R. Pufnstuf" and will adopt many of the themes and characters from the original Kroftt series that ran from 1969 through 1985....

250px-Pufnstuf.jpg

Best to not respond to any of that crap. Just escalates, as there's no morality or principles from the posters that bring it up. It's done to try to knock us down a peg, which is the epitome of immaturity...trying to lift oneself up by knocking someone else down. The best way to knock down the PSU Wrestling program and their fans is to get better and beat us on the mat. Not some loose or non-existent association with a convicted criminal.

Just like here in the Wrestling Room, a man or women's class and character is evident in their posts. My advice is to stay classy.

OMG - I read their "NCAA Session 6" thread over there, and it was a complete dumpster with multiple OklahomaState fans claiming PSU people are pedophiles and promote child rape.

It was absolutely ridiculous. Wtf.

There's an old saying that the first person to make a Hitler or Nazi reference in a political argument has pretty much admitted to losing the argument on the merits.

I've noticed the same kind of thing is true about Penn State sports.....when Penn State wins at football, wrestling, hockey or any other sport (including women's sports!) against some current rival or some other "has been" school, the real mouth breathers on the other boards start with the Sandusky, Pedstate, the fan enabler stuff. I've come to consider it as their not-so-coded signal for admitting Penn State is better than their heroes and they can't deal.....It's like the ref slapping the mat.....pin!

Last edited:
There's an old saying that the first person to make a Hitler or Nazi reference in a political argument has pretty much admitted to losing the argument on the merits.

I've noticed the same kind of thing is true about Penn State sports.....when Penn State wins at football, wrestling, hockey or any other sport (including women's sports!) against some current rival or some other "has been" school, the real mouth breathers on the other boards start with the Sandusky, Pedstate, the fan enabler stuff. I've come to consider it as their not-so-coded signal for admitting Penn State is better than their heroes and they can't deal.....It's like the ref slapping the mat.....pin!
Yup - an analogue to Godwin's Law. I've said that many times.

Reactions: AldenT

i like this alot... thanks.

Reactions: Grass

Godwins Law. It's how you know you've won the argument. It's how you know you own the little-brother obsessive trolls from Pitt/Rutgers/MD (and now Iowa wrestling!).

Two of the more peculiar HR claims of late:

Last Wednesday after Suriano pulled from NCAAs: "Wide open team race"

Sunday after PSU wins: "No one has a chance anymore"

Hawkeye domination in 1980s & 90s:
"Glory Years !! Great for the sport!!"

Current PSU run:
"Bad for the sport. People losing interest. PSU is killing wrestling".

The Cenzo pin was "fluky" analysis is certainly interesting.

Some of them are running out of 3rd party proxies (e.g. Dake, Bubba) that can beat our guys

"maybe"....but these same folks ignore that he also had RT of 1min, was winning 6-5, had TD battle 2-1 and showed no signs of slowing down. He had the look of winning that match and any disputing that is revisionist at best.

But if they showed signs of coming around would it be the entertaining board that it is.

Does anyone else find it interesting how assistant Ryan Morningstar is often referred to as THE recruiter for the Hawkeyes? Tom Brands and his brother are rarely mentioned. Obviously it's very important for assistants to be directly involved in the recruiting process. But it seems to me the lead man (i.e., the face of the program) should be thought of as the lead recruiter.

Is this another case of The Hawkeye Report turning myths into reality? Ryan Morningstar can't possibly be expected to win recruiting battles against legendary figures like Cael and John Smith.

The Cenzo pin was "fluky" analysis is certainly interesting.

Some of them are running out of 3rd party proxies (e.g. Dake, Bubba) that can beat our guys

This is coming from the same place that thinks that Bo Nickal has yet to truly pin Sammy Brooks, the first one being a fluke and the second one not actually a pin.

Also, David Taylor has no signature wins in college, according to one Rhodes scholar.

Does anyone else find it interesting how assistant Ryan Morningstar is often referred to as THE recruiter for the Hawkeyes? Tom Brands and his brother are rarely mentioned. Obviously it's very important for assistants to be directly involved in the recruiting process. But it seems to me the lead man (i.e., the face of the program) should be thought of as the lead recruiter.

Is this another case of The Hawkeye Report turning myths into reality? Ryan Morningstar can't possibly be expected to win recruiting battles against legendary figures like Cael and John Smith.
Not particularly. Many programs in many sports have a Recruiting Coordinator on staff who is not the head coach. Head coach can't do all of the research and legwork and manage NCAA compliance for all potential candidate recruits.

Jay and McQueary both held that position for Joe.

Head coach will always be the closer.

Reactions: Lyons212

Tom Brands' signature closing move? Tracking dog poop all over the house.

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...tom-brands-terry-brands-ncaa-bigten/98343516/

"By the time Iowa head coach Tom Brands drove to Carter Lake in 2011 to take Gilman's verbal commitment in person, the mission to the top was underway. Cheri knew an inseparable bond had been built, even if Brands tracked dog poop from the front yard into the living room when he ran excitedly out of his truck."

Last edited:
Reactions: liex26
Two of the more peculiar HR claims of late:

Last Wednesday after Suriano pulled from NCAAs: "Wide open team race"

Sunday after PSU wins: "No one has a chance anymore"

Hawkeye domination in 1980s & 90s:
"Glory Years !! Great for the sport!!"

Current PSU run:
"Bad for the sport. People losing interest. PSU is killing wrestling".
^^ This ^^

"maybe"....but these same folks ignore that he also had RT of 1min, was winning 6-5, had TD battle 2-1 and showed no signs of slowing down. He had the look of winning that match and any disputing that is revisionist at best.

But if they showed signs of coming around would it be the entertaining board that it is.

True..but the throw was Cenzo's 3rd take down is was 6-5 before the throw. The 3rd take down makes is a 3-1 take down advantage. Cenzo also would have earned 4 back points (If IMAR was able to evade the pin) truth be told with NO PIN (imaginary world) it would have been 12-5. Scoring at that point goes (2 take down+ 4 back + 6 on board already)=12. Now the riding time is almost a lock due to Cenzo previously building 1 minute of riding time. At this point he starts to build on the minute he has already built...with only a 1:30 or so on the clock it's almost a lock. IMAR was gassed and IMHO not coming back from the last takedown pin or no pin. the only difference was more TEAM POINTS=MORE FUN

Last edited:
Reactions: liex26 and T J
Not particularly. Many programs in many sports have a Recruiting Coordinator on staff who is not the head coach. Head coach can't do all of the research and legwork and manage NCAA compliance for all potential candidate recruits.

Jay and McQueary both held that position for Joe.

The way it reads on HR he's more than a recruiting coordinator. But maybe that's just the message board exaggerating Morningstar's role as "the closer" while, at the same time, discounting Brands'.

Obviously the RC job is a big one. In addition to recruiting, he ensures staff coordination and compliance and organizes all the correspondence and visits (among other things).

Jay and McQueary were awful RCs, by the way.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
True..at Cenzo 3rd take down is was 6-5. The 3rd take down makes is a 3-1 take down advantage. Cenzo also would have earned 4 back points (If IMAR was able to evade the pin) truth be told with NO PIN (imaginary world) it would have been 12-5. Now the riding time is almost a lock due to Cenzo was already at a minute and starting to build on the last take down. IMAR was gassed and IMHO not coming back from the last takedown pin or no pin. the only difference was more TEAM POINTS=MORE FUN

True.....they also believe Sorenson closed the gap on Zain.

Tom Brands' signature closing move? Tracking dog poop all over the house.

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...tom-brands-terry-brands-ncaa-bigten/98343516/

"By the time Iowa head coach Tom Brands drove to Carter Lake in 2011 to take Gilman's verbal commitment in person, the mission to the top was underway. Cheri knew an inseparable bond had been built, even if Brands tracked dog poop from the front yard into the living room when he ran excitedly out of his truck."
Insert Mike Evans lacrosse joke here.

Even if IMar rolls out of Cenzo's "fluky pin", its still 12-5 Cenzo plus RT with 1:30 left in the 3rd and IMar is still on bottom and gassed.

Good Luck with that.

On top of all the good explanations that was the third time Cenzo tried that throw in that match. Obviously it was scouted and they had a great game plan. That was something he was trying to do not something that just happened by someone tripping.

Yikes.....

I almost feel bad for him, but ....

When those rumors were going off in December & January, I heard from a local WPIAL guy who is very involved in HS wrestling - but never sniffs a message board.

He knew Chance & PSU wasn't happening 7-10 days before the decommitment. Back in January, same guy said that Teasdale wasn't ending up at Iowa.

I don't think GT is taking much scholarship money, either ( $$ uncle $$ ).
Does the NCAA allow rich uncles?

Reactions: diggerpup
Where did you see that stated? Also i like your name. I only drink whole milk with the Red cap. I call it dieselmilk!
It may not be stated, but it's a common theme. It's why I sometimes refer to the Midwestern Wrestling Mafia.

I'm just glad the flagship school in the heart of the high school wrestling talent honeypot finally got its act together in earnest in 2009.

Reactions: hlstone
Where did you see that stated? Also i like your name. I only drink whole milk with the Red cap. I call it dieselmilk!
I think it was said tongue-in-cheek, based on some vocal minority on other forums. For me, Iowa is still a lofty standard to compare one's successes to, and I personally have tons of respect for their accomplishments. It's someone else's turn in the barrel, and the same vocal minority aren't dealing well.

It may not be stated, but it's a common theme. It's why I sometimes refer to the Midwestern Wrestling Mafia.

I'm just glad the flagship school in the heart of the high school wrestling talent honeypot finally got its act together in earnest in 2009.

The boosters got it done, and Cael wanted to be here. You can count on the fact that, if Curley COULD have screwed it up, he WOULD have screwed it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT