ADVERTISEMENT

Thank goodness for Ironhead!

Roar More

Aug 19, 2004
The ESPN clowns were insufferable. I watched the the ESPN broadcast with the sound muted and synced with the radio. I tried watching the bouts later with the ESPN announcers, but found deletion the better option. Some of the student announcer teams we made fun of would have been an improvement. At least they addressed what was happening on the mat.

Rant over.

The ESPN clowns were insufferable. I watched the the ESPN broadcast with the sound muted and synced with the radio. I tried watching the bouts later with the ESPN announcers, but found deletion the better option. Some of the student announcer teams we made fun of would have been an improvement. At least they addressed what was happening on the mat.

Rant over.
I typed almost the same thing in another thread. Hopefully we never have to hear that again.

Reactions: PACOLT

Rant over.
How were they that bad? I listened to ironhead

Byers is great, especially for PSU fans. His enthusiasm is second to none. However, his one downfall is not calling the 'correct' moves the wrestlers make... I know this is tough to do when not at matside...
I think the Rock (can't recall last name) who does ACC is especially good.

He was a godsend because ESPN coverage was awful. I couldn’t do ESPN+ this year so I was stuck with the normal feed. Good luck seeing more than 20 seconds of our guys before the quarters - unless they were losing. Then, even in later rounds, they had commercials during actual featured matches plus a bunch of fluff.

I got all sessions recorded but I’ll hope to hit the ESPN archives for all our early round matches in a few weeks.

ESPN+ is must do next year.

I don’t remember the name, but the one ESPN guy on the MATCAST for ESPN+ was insufferable. Maybe he was in the regular broadcast with Sparks as well. He only came on for a bit each session but was awful. Talked like he just chugged a case of Red Bull

I don’t remember the name, but the one ESPN guy on the MATCAST for ESPN+ was insufferable. Maybe he was in the regular broadcast with Sparks as well. He only came on for a bit each session but was awful. Talked like he just chugged a case of Red Bull
I think you're talking about Chael Sonnen, and I agree with you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT