ADVERTISEMENT

The Iowa board is comical.....

So in this "public bathroom"... PSU fans must use the shitter while Iowa fans can take a dump on your head if they feel like it?
I'm thinking that should only have to happen once before the shitee could figure out he shouldn't use that restroom anymore. Apparently, it takes some people multiple and repeated head dumps and even then it doesn't register with them.

If it's so bad for you there, why not just stop going there? There's plenty of great wrestling chat right here.

Last edited:
I think you're blaming their moderators for things that are outside of their control. I'm not at liberty to give a lot of details about the administrative side of the board software, so I'm somewhat limited in my ability to make my point. In short, most of the banning options available to moderators do not allow a message to be sent explaining what the person did wrong. As such, their actions are not an example of a bully culture; far from it.

Nothing precludes them from reaching out in other ways, though. Right? You could pm someone if you think they are getting out of line, correct? You could post in a thread, correct?

I like what pennstate1985 did. He started a thread asking the mods to ban all the PSU trolls. That's some grade A ass kissing if you ask me. I should have thought of that...
Interesting that you and the two who liked your post were three of the PSU posters I was thinking about when I made that thread. That speaks volumes.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Interesting that you and the two who liked your post were three of the PSU posters I was thinking about when I made that thread. That speaks volumes.

What speaks volumes is that you are a little baby who whines and cries on OTHER boards for ban hammers.

Nothing precludes them from reaching out in other ways, though. Right? You could pm someone if you think they are getting out of line, correct? You could post in a thread, correct?
Moderators can...and many times do (reach out, as you say). I'm not a moderator, not speaking for Tom, but have talked to mods (from this and other boards) in the past. The fact is... aggressive, polarizing, argumentative, obnoxious, etc., etc., etc., posters, are the same person in real life, so "changing" isn't likely long-term. Frankly, my experience with folks that can't hold a respectful, meaningful discussion...is that they don't "get" how their words (spoken or written) are "received"...and at least with reasonable people, if they're taken in a negative light, it was most often because the comments were delivered in a negative light. Let's start with the title of this thread...polarizing before the first response.

Reading that smug-a$$ article makes me feel even better about the last 7 years. And I didn't think that was possible.
I'm not sure if RossWB is the same as Rossel on TheMat, but if so that's pretty funny. Rossel is one of those left in the bunker denying that Cael can coach and that it's all recruiting.

Reactions: Brian LB-U
I am amazed at our ability to focus on the Iowa board over the distractions of a team title and 5 individual champs.
Remember Hall's/Cael's story of the big dog and the little dog. Who do we want to be? Big or little?

Both boards have their yahoo's that cross the line. Both boards have quality talk that makes following college wrestling fun. They are very similar really.
Yes they do.
An exception is on here occasionally someone shouts at a visitor to go back to where you came from. On HR it is the instinctive response for many.

Yes they do.
An exception is on here occasionally someone shouts at a visitor to go back to where you came from. On HR it is the instinctive response for many.
How many Hawk fans post here regularly compared to Penn State fans on HR? Might help explain that

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I propose a treaty. As an olive branch, we will open our arms and embrace your Penn State brethren on Hawkeye Report. In return, spyker must convince Cael to stop recruiting/accepting commitments for one calendar year. I know they are close so it shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
How many Hawk fans post here regularly compared to Penn State fans on HR? Might help explain that
It has been a HR characteristic since I first started reading the site. Which was way before I started posting. It has certainly been a favorite response to my posts. I do admit I rarely post an opinion shared by many on the board, but when I first started to visit I tried to be thoughtful about how I put things. It took only a few asinine responses for me to gather a who gives a hoot if I am perceived as impolite or not attitude.

However, you have a point. I do wade through numerous posts to read thoughts I find interesting.

I propose a treaty. As an olive branch, we will open our arms and embrace your Penn State brethren on Hawkeye Report. In return, spyker must convince Cael to stop recruiting/accepting commitments for one calendar year. I know they are close so it shouldn't be a problem.
How about we just not let Spyker go to practice anymore?

2050. Done.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Bottom line....you kiss ass over there to be accepted. I choose not to do that. Hate to break it to you but your opinion of me means nothing. I don't even care that you started that thread. It did kinda piss me off though when I saw you were pretty much calling out Tom by wondering why 21 hasn't been banned on BWI.

Reactions: 21Guns
Bottom line....you kiss ass over there to be accepted. I choose not to do that. Hate to break it to you but your opinion of me means nothing. I don't even care that you started that thread. It did kinda piss me off though when I saw you were pretty much calling out Tom by wondering why 21 hasn't been banned on BWI.
He doesn't kiss ass. He has argued with Hawk fans many times. You chose to get banned twiced and are clearly bitter bout it. And in no way was he calling out Tom McAndrew. Most people in their right minds wonder why 21Guns isnt banned everywhere. You 3 amigos(Steel, guns &matter) sure are reaching now.

He doesn't kiss ass. He has argued with Hawk fans many times. You chose to get banned twiced and are clearly bitter bout it. And in no way was he calling out Tom McAndrew. Most people in their right minds wonder why 21Guns isnt banned everywhere. You 3 amigos(Steel, guns &matter) sure are reaching now.

Yeah, he does kiss ass, and frankly, so do you. You are over here with your passive aggressive act, gloating the literal SECOND Myles martin upsets Bo Nickal, then denying it, and calling for ban hammers just like your buddy.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
At least he isn't posting suggestive comments about other peoples kids, threatening them, etc.

And you have 20 total posts on this board and 17 of them are directed toward me. I'm the only reason you even got ON this board in the first place, psycho.

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted your expert parenting credentials. Seemed like most of the other postersthere also considered it a passive-aggressive threat or infatuation with the boys photo also.

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted your expert parenting credentials. Seemed like most of the other postersthere also considered it a passive-aggressive threat or infatuation with the boys photo also.

You misinterpret the sport of wrestling: You're on here to attack and pile on. The next actual post you make about WRESTLING will be your first.

You misinterpret the sport of wrestling: You're on here to attack and pile on. The next actual post you make about WRESTLING will be your first.
much better than the 13000 ignored posts, most of which are just attacks on other posters. So I won't be able to see your reaction, I will follow others' advice. At least you got my very first ignore!

much better than the 13000 ignored posts, most of which are just attacks on other posters. So I won't be able to see your reaction, I will follow others' advice. At least you got my very first ignore!

10 to 1 you don't post any more than 5 more posts on this board. You know nothing about wrestling and are only on here to attack. Feel free to "ignore", that's what everyone does to YOUR posts anyway. I have plenty of folks who go back and forth about the sport with, on this board. 5 or 6 members of a little clique who pile on people, do not represent an entire message board.

What's the photo story

There is no story. This poster is attacking me, and frankly, with what he is claiming, he's lucky I have not responded worse.

There was no insinuation, there was a flat out statement that it is irresponsible parenting to be using your own childrens' pictures as an avatar. This is also why celebrities don't allow photos of their kids on public media. THAT was the sum total of the post, and this scumbag is trying to attack behind it.

Want proof? Go over to HR, it's there in fact. That's why this scum now has me on ignore.

What's the photo story

I didn't see it. But I'm guessing something like this:
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT