ADVERTISEMENT

The Iowa board is comical.....

HR loyalists are already starting with the Brands must go talk.... again.

HR loyalists are already starting with the Brands must go talk.... again.
He makes guys hate the sport...The majority of them anyway...Just ask some of the Pa guys who have wrestled for him. That is a fact !!!! Ask Mike Evens....

Reactions: TheGLOV
In 2010, Iowa won a title AND had the #1 recruiting class. Let me know how that has worked out.

I heard Zain is cheating on top
Cael still can't coach... Brandon Sorenson wasn't pinned... Neither was Sammy Brooks. It's gotten beyond pathetic. How many more titles... shoved in their face with virtuoso wrestling in the semi-finals and final matches against their very best talent?

Last edited:
anything that you think about the HR today, will be exceeded next year. while they have a stranglehold on 5th this year, the team they bring out next year might not even be top 5.

With everything they have stuffed into the chance that the following year spencer lee brings them out of the dark ages.

if you enjoy message board misery your gonna have it next year.

anything that you think about the HR today, will be exceeded next year. while they have a stranglehold on 5th this year, the team they bring out next year might not even be top 5.

With everything they have stuffed into the chance that the following year spencer lee brings them out of the dark ages.

Next year, they may get shut out at Penn State and may be lucky to finish in the top 10. Should be fun.

I understand they're upset but some of the comments are so ridiculous.

Nickal didn't have Brooks pinned, Sorensen wasn't pinned, Zain gets away with a potentially dangerous illegal hold, Suriano wouldn't score 20 points even though he beat both kids in finals, Hall and Joseph took no shots, Cruz stalled his way to win over Gilman

What a bunch of crybabies. Lol. Damn I'd hate to be a fan of that team.

So proud to be a Penn State fan and watch quality wrestling year after year

Just happy I get to sit and celebrate a great night!

Nickal didn't have Brooks pinned, Sorensen wasn't pinned, Zain gets away with a potentially dangerous illegal hold, Suriano wouldn't score 20 points even though he beat both kids in finals, Hall and Joseph took no shots, Cruz stalled his way to win over Gilman

That said, we have a few crybabies here. Which is probably worse, since we are winning! I do have 1 on ignore and the boards are 1000% better. Two more are/were only a click away

Honestly, I think you guys should avoid this stuff. This board would be a mess if PSU had gone 0-5 in the semis. They are fans that have high expectations, and suffered some tough losses today.

This site (not this board) can be an absolute mess on game days when PSU football loses.

Iowa is a tough competitor, and will continue to be so. Their fans have reason to hope/expect for good performances from their team.

That said, we have a few crybabies here. Which is probably worse, since we are winning! I do have 1 on ignore and the boards are 1000% better. Two more are/were only a click away

If any PSU fan is crying tonight after the way the boys wrestled the better check themselves into Bellvue!

Reactions: GOLDBANGER

Every single year for the last 7 years has been "just wait until next year." And every single year it's the same story on HR. They get their hopes up, they talk themselves into the idea that they can win a title, and then the actual NCAA rolls around and we see an Iowa team that isn't even close.

Over the next few days you will see two types of Iowa fans. The first is the type that is totally down on Iowa. The chicken little type. The other are the guys who will keep telling you that next year is the year, which they've been saying for 7 years now. Eventually the second type will convince the first type that the "Iowa way" will bring Iowa back to glory next year and they'll talk themselves into believing that all their fringe guys are going to be breakout guys next year and Iowa will win the title.

In a year we'll be right back here, with PSU crushing the field and HR melting down.

Every single year for the last 7 years has been "just wait until next year." And every single year it's the same story on HR. They get their hopes up, they talk themselves into the idea that they can win a title, and then the actual NCAA rolls around and we see an Iowa team that isn't even close.

Over the next few days you will see two types of Iowa fans. The first is the type that is totally down on Iowa. The chicken little type. The other are the guys who will keep telling you that next year is the year, which they've been saying for 7 years now. Eventually the second type will convince the first type that the "Iowa way" will bring Iowa back to glory next year and they'll talk themselves into believing that all their fringe guys are going to be breakout guys next year and Iowa will win the title.

In a year we'll be right back here, with PSU crushing the field and HR melting down.

and the third is people like Turk: Who just root against Penn State, over rooting for their own team.

What happened to the Iowa analogue to BSD - Black Heart Gold Pants. They used to have long match threads like BSD - now less than 10 comments. Like a ghost town

Gilman is an exceptionally talented wrestler and so is Jason Nolf. The difference between the training (COACHING) of the two wrestlers was on display tonight. Cruz did very little offensively and in response to Cruz's inactivity Gilman did very little. Berger had a plan in place to avoid wrestling contact at all costs and Jason still majored him.
Coaching skills are important.

Nah, i think the real fans know that tnt have finally adapted to the new reality. They will be a force in a couple years with lee, teasdale, Murin and Warner
Murin will be very good.
Lee will not beat Suriano.
Warner will be good.
Teasdale may very well not be a Hawk.

Reality is seeping in. They no longer tell each other, "just wait until next year", it is now "just wait until the year after next year."

Reactions: NittanyLion84
He makes guys hate the sport...The majority of them anyway...Just ask some of the Pa guys who have wrestled for him. That is a fact !!!! Ask Mike Evens....

The same Mike Evans that left a coaching job in California to come back and train at the HWC, whose sister is engaged to Thomas Gilman, and who's family absolutely bleeds black and gold? Or is there a Mike "Evens" I've never heard of??

It's no wonder why everyone at home and away thinks you're a know nothing joke.

Hats off to PSU... What Cael is doing is beyond a trend. He's cornered the market on making his guys feel no pressure and wrestle with no fear. He obviously is a phenomenal coach... Mentally and technically. Your team/teams are the gold standard right now.. Everyone else is chasing you so good on Cael & Co. for forcing everyone else to step up thier game. That said you guys are having your cake and eating it too... Why spend a single moment worry about what a handful of opposing, uninformed jackasses think?? You're way on top of the pile... Enjoy it and soak it in, it won't last forever.

Last edited:
Not sure how I could "adjust" any better to it... You may want to re-read my post.

Read the HR board. They are not "adjusting" well. Blaming everyone including PSU, Cael, the officials, ESPN, etc. is not adjusting well.

The same Mike Evans that left a coaching job in California to come back and train at the HWC, whose sister is engaged to Thomas Gilman, and who's family absolutely bleeds black and gold? Or is there a Mike "Evens" I've never heard of??

It's no wonder everyone why at home and away thinks you're a know nothing joke.

Hats off to PSU... What Cael is doing is beyond a trend. He's cornered the market on making his guys feel no pressure and wrestle with no fear. He obviously is a phenomenal coach... Mentally and technically. Your team/teams are the gold standard right now.. Everyone else is chasing you so good on Cael & Co. for forcing everyone else to step up thier game. That said you guys are having your cake and eating it too... Why spend a single moment worry about what a handful of opposing, uninformed jackasses think?? You're way on top of the pile... Enjoy it and soak it in, it won't last forever.
Gobblin. I enjoy your posts on HR. Lots of great info.

But you are trying to present to Spyker? Spyker? One more time: Spyker? I wouldn't even know where to start. The FAKE News comes to Spyker to get their news. The next scoop that Spyker gets, will be the first one. I truly believe that Spyker has never stepped on the PSU campus or attended an event, because he is an AI BOT (minus the intelligence), only inserted by Rivals to generate traffic on the site. Heck, 49% of the people have him on Ignore and the other 49% never would respond to his post. The other 2% are the mods, which are not allowed to Ignore posters.

We almost have critical mass of avoidance of his posts, and hopefully they just cease happening.

Best Regards

CentexLion

What? Like 6-10 fans that show up on a message board in March?? I suggest gaining some perspective and looking for a better sample size... The wrestling world doesn't happen on an anonymous message board.

So, I guess that is why you are posting these messages on an anonymous message board??

Makes sense to me. SMH

Agree...
Lee will never face Suriano in college...
Agree...
You're dead wrong. Teasdale is 100% all in on Iowa.[/QUOTE

Aren't you the guy who gets everything wrong? Berge to Iowa and Warner elsewhere?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT