ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle Day 1 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pipher vs. Dan Reed (Columbia) up next on Mat 1

Cenzo vs. Michale Ferree (Campbell) in the hole on Mat 3

I think Nolf is now within one pin of tying the all-time PSU pin record held by Zain, DT and someone else (blanking on it).

Reactions: danoftw
The legend continues to grow. If he ever gets some consistency on his feet, we may have a controversy at 157 next year.

1st period tech over Reed, whose only loss on the year is 10-7 to Larry Early and has a win over the tough Weiland kid from Army.

What were discussing earlier about top wrestling? Oh, @LemonPie ! The new year is starting of tremendously for you. A little Cassar posturing and you'll be over the moon.

Pipher just wrestled in the avatar of Nolf! Destroyed Reed and tech-ed him. No fluke.

Reactions: diggerpup
R1 157: Bo Pipher vs. #3 seed Dan Reed (Columbia)

Per 1
Pipher throws Reed to his back, and gets swipes. Reed eventually turns, so it's a quick 6-0 lead for Bo. He gets a nice ride going. He tilts Reed again, and gets 2 NF, 8-0, after Reed rolls back to his stomach. 1 min left. He locks up a cradle, and has Reed in trouble. Reed gets to his side, but Bo keeps the cradle and turns him again. 4 NF awarded near the end of the period as the cradle is broken, 14-0. And he turns Reed again, and gets 2 NF awarded at the whistle. 16-0 TF @ the 3 min mark

NOT starting a controversy here...… It's great to have TWO 149er's like Jerod and Brady. Jarod impresses me with non stop action. Brady is more methodical. Great to watch them side by side on two screens. (even if opponents were different) :)

Lemonpie… were you able to keep up with the number of takedowns Jerod had in that match?

Berge is cutting a lot and had a quick turnaround so I'm not real surprised by the close result. It's something he is going to have to deal with all year. We probably won't see what he's really capable of until next year at 157.

Mark Hall vs. Logan Stanley (Ohio) in the hole on Mat 1

Cenzo Joseph vs. Michale Ferree (Campbell) in the hole on Mat 3

Mason Manville vs. Trey Watson (UT-Chattanooga) in the hole on Mat 5

Berge is cutting a lot and had a quick turnaround so I'm not real surprised by the close result. It's something he is going to have to deal with all year. We probably won't see what he's really capable of until next year at 157.
The same could be said for every current 157 as well ... albeit for a different reason.

Reactions: nerfstate
Still processing how dominant Pipher was. Reed was 9-1 prior to the match. His only loss was a close one to highly ranked. Larry Early. Flo has Reed ranked at #14.

Reactions: diggerpup
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT