ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle Day 1 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Flo have a multi screen/mat viewing capability other than starting multiple browsers?
Not really, no. I use two browser tabs but Flo will log you out sometimes b/c software can view multiple streams as an authentication issue. Multi tabs working today though.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
First impression of Teske is good, but I will say that he still looks like he is in HS from a physical standpoint. Not thick, if he is having trouble with his weight it's because he is a trFR and hasn't figured that part out yet.

He looks like he has a tank and is aggressive but not super slick. Definitely looks like he needs a RS physically though. Those mature 145lb 125s are going to be a problem for him right now.

Look at how far Schnupp has come in that department in two years. Teske is going to need this year.

I wish my thoughts got to my fingers the way yours do. I thought the exact thing.

He going to win a couple and lose a couple this tournament.....and....thats.....ok

RBY not looking to generate much O vs Young from Stanford so far.
RBY takes down in second, gets returned.
Beautiful Granby followed by a double but can't convert. 2-0 (E1 plus penalty?)
Young out, now 2-1 RBY, and that ends second.
Young takes down.
He's up and RT not a factor. 2-2.
RBY with a shrug and he's up 4-2
Young up and out w/ :53, 4-3.
RBY with a gorgeous duck but doesn't convert, and now time runs out, 4-3 win for RBY.

Last edited:
End of two 2-1 RBY. He has a reversal and then D. Young with ah ESC. RBY on top to start three.

Reactions: jrk11
RBY closer than expected heading to the 3rd...up 2-1.

Gives escape, then a quick takedown, now 4-2 RBY.

Meanwhile, Schnupp with a business-like 10-3 lead after a 6-point move in the 1st.
Now 10-4.
Wins 13-5.

LEE UP ON 8

Last edited:
Listening to JB, but if you guys have any pertinent OSU action info, please post it. Thanks.

R1 133: RBY vs. Dalton Young (Stanford)

Per 1
Nothing thru 2 min. Lots of action in the last minute, but no scores, 0-0

Per 2
RBY has choice, and takes bottom (take note, @El-Jefe). Dalton riding on the right side. RBY to his feet, turns, then gets behind for the reversal, 2-0. RBY riding on the left side. Dalton with an esc, 2-1. End. RT @ 21 sec for Dalton Young

Per 3
Dalton Young takes bottom. RBY rides for a bit, but Young to his feet and gets the esc, 2-2. RBY in on a leg and gets behind for the TD, 4-2. RBY with a tight waist and riding on the side. Stall warning on RBY. Dalton Young to his feet on the restart, but is tripped back down. Dalton to his feet and turns in and gets the esc, 4-3. 25 sec left. RBY shoots, in on the left leg, they fight, but the buzzer sounds before RBY can get the TD.

Final, 4-3, RBY

RBY with almost another TD at the end. Wins 4-3. Didn't look as good as he has.

First impression of Teske is good, but I will say that he still looks like he is in HS from a physical standpoint. Not thick, if he is having trouble with his weight it's because he is a trFR and hasn't figured that part out yet.

He looks like he has a tank and is aggressive but not super slick. Definitely looks like he needs a RS physically though. Those mature 145lb 125s are going to be a problem for him right now.

Look at how far Schnupp has come in that department in two years. Teske is going to need this year.
On one hand he absolutely needs this year but he may not have the opportunity to break into the lineup down the road

Reactions: Dogwelder
Standford kid was strong and held great position in neutral. The positives is that RBY got out from under him and rode him a little while. That is progress gentlemen. So what he couldn't amass a lot of points from neutral, he did what he had to in order to win. It was a solid win using some of the weaker parts of his game.

RBY:
is this where we say he is a) sick b) had a great defensive strategy c) or he has earned our patience

Schnupp: believe in yourself and trust in your preparation

R1 141: Nick Lee vs. Carmine Ciotti (Edinboro) on Mat 8

Per 1
missed the beginning. Lee up 4-1. Ciotti with an esc, 4-2. Lee in on a single, Ciotti scrambles, Lee secures the TD, 6-2. RT over 1 min. End. RT @ 1:32 for Lee

Per 2
Lee in on a double for the TD, 8-2, and then a quick esc for Ciotti, 8-3. Lee in on another TD, 10-3. Lee tries to work a tilt, after that doesn't work he cuts Ciotti, 10-4. Lee in on a single, nothing awarded on the scoreboard. Not sure what happened there

Per 3
Lee takes bottom. Lee gets ridden a bit, but to his knees, then up and out, 11-4. Lee in on a low single, has the ankle, after a bit of a scramble Lee with the TD, 13-4. Stall call (the 2nd) on Ciotti makes it 14-4. RT is assured. End. 2:10 in RT.

15-4 (or 17-4) Major for Nick Lee

R1 141: Nick Lee vs. Carmine Ciotti (Edinboro) on Mat 8

Per 1
missed the beginning. Lee up 4-1. Ciotti with an esc, 4-2. Lee in on a single, Ciotti scrambles, Lee secures the TD, 6-2. RT over 1 min. End. RT @ 1:32 for Lee

Per 2
Lee in on a double for the TD, 8-2, and then a quick esc for Ciotti, 8-3. Lee in on another TD, 10-3. Lee tries to work a tilt, after that doesn't work he cuts Ciotti, 10-4. Lee in on a single, nothing awarded on the scoreboard. Not sure what happened there

Per 3
Lee takes bottom. Lee gets ridden a bit, but to his knees, then up and out, 11-4. Lee in on a low single, has the ankle, after a bit of a scramble Lee with the TD, 13-4. Stall call (the 2nd) on Ciotti makes it 14-4. RT is assured. End. 2:10 in RT.

15-4 (or 17-4) Major for Nick Lee
I know. I thought the scorer missed a TD in the 2nd on FLO. Not that it mattered or anyone noticed.

Reactions: Grass
Kudos to Flo, both the live stream and Arena...so far.

Luke Gardner up next, on 2, followed by Berge on 6. We all know about Berge...Gardner is pretty good too.
Verk on 4 too...in the hole.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT