ADVERTISEMENT

Rasir Bolton on Why he left Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I misread the posters intent, then I apologize. That said, it is still a poor analogy.

I don't think you misread anything. You read it thinking somehow the poster was legitimizing telling a Jewish player that he was gonna get gassed. No honest reading of that post could have come to that conclusion. Only someone looking to take offense in everything could have read it that way. And in your incredible wokeness, you had to express your extreme outrage. Actually, you pretty much made his point...there seemingly is nothing that one can say that another won't twist and be highly offended.

Pretty sure it was the only one, but you are correct - it was there long before the stall was assigned to Wallace. What is your source Re: more 'nooses' as pull downs?

Per the WaPo:

As many fans struggle to make sense of the sequence of events, several facts are not in dispute, at least in the view of the FBI and NASCAR:

• There was a noose in Talladega’s No. 4 stall, which Wallace’s team was assigned. The FBI referred to it as a noose four times; NASCAR President Steve Phelps referred to it as a noose several times as well.
  • It had been there for at least eight months, confirmed by grainy background footage of a video interview shot in the walkway in front of the stall in October 2019, when the Wood brothers team occupied the spot.
  • No other Talladega stall had a rope-pull fashioned like a noose.
I thought I heard it wasn’t the only one (which I stated in another post). Apparently it was, but that still doesn’t make it a noose. It certainly wasn’t aimed at NASCAR’s only black driver, that is a fact....but the story is juicier if they throw in that false bit of info.

t
If I misread the posters intent, then I apologize. That said, it is still a poor analogy.

Don't be to hard on yourself. The post to which you responded was more than a bit of a mess and the poster was clearly trying to draw an analogy between athletes and Jews being gassed.

Reactions: Grant Green
total and complete horseshit^^^. do a google search for "fishing knots". I've tied that knot all my life. I make a loop and then thread it through the hook and then back over the hook. that was I can replace the hook without having to retie it. I learned it tieing flies as a young kid.
Yeah, that's not the kind of knots they tie at Lake Norman in their top notch bass boats. Call it bs or whatever you want.

I don't need diagrams. I have 3 top 10's in professional bass fishing tournaments with hundreds of entrants and have won thousands. So there's that.

Reactions: Hartzie
Someone thought it would be funny to make the “door pull down” a noose. It’s still a noose. That takes time to tie and was done quite deliberately. If that’s how the door pull downs were made at that racetrack then all or most of the garages would have them and not just that one. Someone did it as a sick joke - doesn’t change the fact that it’s a noose.
so you are suggesting that knot be outlawed lest a black person see it?

Unbelievable. I have a "top notch bass boat" and have spent over 75 days each year fishing for the past 15 years and that knot isn't a fishing knot. I've fished with some of the premier professional bass fishermen in the world. You all blow my mind.

I don’t see anyone on here defending racism and hate.

I thought I heard it wasn’t the only one (which I stated in another post). Apparently it was, but that still doesn’t make it a noose. It certainly wasn’t aimed at NASCAR’s only black driver, that is a fact....but the story is juicier if they throw in that false bit of info.

Both NASCAR and the FBI called it a noose in their investigations. No need to split hairs anymore on this.

Yeah, that's not the kind of knots they tie at Lake Norman in their top notch bass boats. Call it bs or whatever you want.

I don't need diagrams. I have 3 top 10's in professional bass fishing tournaments with hundreds of entrants and have won thousands. So there's that.
Ooh, a fishing stud. Does that line work with the ladies?

Two things occur to me:
1) It is impossible to apply common sense to anything in this country anymore. Mostly because we possess no common sense of who we are as a people.

2) It does nothing positive to apologize to the mob. They don’t care for anything but blood. Trying to explain something to a bloodthirsty beast is a waste of time. Hoping it eats you last doesn’t either.

I don't need diagrams. I have 3 top 10's in professional bass fishing tournaments with hundreds of entrants. So there's that.
I just linked several sites that suggest it as a fishing tie....not sure what planet you are on. Google it yourself. What you are posting is complete horseshit. It even has its own name; the bimini twist knot

https://stillwateranglers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/fly-fishing-knots-stillwater-anglers.jpg

Here is the quote...what about it is wrong? The fact that it thankfully turned out to be there much earlier and wasn’t aimed at Bubba Wallace doesn’t make it false...

“Before NASCAR banned the Confederate flag and was immediately rocked by a noose impersonating a door pulldown in the garage of its only Black driver. ”

Both NASCAR and the FBI called it a noose in their investigations. No need to split hairs anymore on this.
so a knot that may resemble a "noose" is now outlawed lest a black person, some day, find themselves in the general proximity? Good to know.

I don't think you misread anything. You read it thinking somehow the poster was legitimizing telling a Jewish player that he was gonna get gassed. No honest reading of that post could have come to that conclusion. Only someone looking to take offense in everything could have read it that way. And in your incredible wokeness, you had to express your extreme outrage. Actually, you pretty much made his point...there seemingly is nothing that one can say that another won't twist and be highly offended.

Here's the quote:

"As someone else said, is it okay to say a team got whipped or were gassed? Jews and other holocaust descendents (sic) would be especially sensitive to those words but I have not heard the outcry."

So what exactly was the poster trying to say?

I tried to be contrite. GFY.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Here is the quote...what about it is wrong? The fact that it thankfully turned out to be there much earlier and wasn’t aimed at Bubba Wallace doesn’t make it false...

“Before NASCAR banned the Confederate flag and was immediately rocked by a noose impersonating a door pulldown in the garage of its only Black driver. ”
sometimes a knot is simply a knot.

So, if I go outside tonight at 11:30 and say "geeze, it is dark out here tonight" I might be racist?

He says as he splits hairs.

No, just suggesting that the enormous amounts of mental gymnastics and denial you are mounting to emphatically proclaim a noose not a noose isn't necessary, especially since it *is* a noose and was proclaimed as much by NASCAR and the FBI and by any person with two eyes and no bias. If you don't believe them (cuz MSM!!!) that's on you. I know where you stand on this and no need to go further.

It wasn’t necessary, it was only thrown in to stir sh!t. And it’s not known whether it was a noose or a different kind of knot (as Obli has posted several times). And it was in the garage before the only black driver was, so maybe they should have said it was in the garage of the person that was in there before....but again, that wouldn’t have been as divisive. Please tell me you can see that.

so a knot that may resemble a "noose" is now outlawed lest a black person, some day, find themselves in the general proximity? Good to know.

AntiqueLittleFrogmouth-size_restricted.gif

No, just suggesting that the enormous amounts of mental gymnastics and denial you are mounting to emphatically proclaim a noose not a noose isn't necessary, especially since it *is* a noose and was proclaimed as much by NASCAR and the FBI and by any person with two eyes and no bias. If you don't believe them (cuz MSM!!!) that's on you. I know where you stand on this and no need to go further.
Someone isn’t reading with an open mind, that’s for sure. Have you talked to the person that made the knot? Do you know his intention was to make a noose? Or is it just a know that looks like a noose? Did the FBI and NASCAR ask the person who tied it? Not mental gymnastics, just having an open mind.

a "noose" is simply a slip knot. just like a blackbird is the name of a bird. Other things to worry about, I guess:
  • three-legged stools
  • low hanging tree branch
  • Lorretta Lynch
  • Wynch (too close to the word lynch)

You would think by now, most people would get this. From Penn State to Michigan, no one should be jumping to conclusions on anything. For some reason, folks just love to tear others down. Without Pat, where would Mike be? The words said? I'm not the player and he can believe what he wants. There's also some background to the player and his parents. Pat speaks plainly, and he is beyond passionate for his players and Penn State. If this is where we're at, that a single misspoken word, done in an attempt to help, well, I believe we're making people live by unattainable standards. I'll also stand by this, if brought to Pat's attention, no way in hell he didn't apologize. That said, Pat is trying to better young men and has a pretty damn good track record of doing so.
One would think a player and a coach would have a decent relationship. And since Coach Pat has a record of trying to help players off the court one would also think that would buy him some benefit of doubt.

If the player was upset about the use of that phrase, he should have approached the coach and discussed it. Coach seems to have the approach to his players that would indicate he would be willing to listen. My assumption is that Pat would have apologized in person, not realizing what pain the use of the phrase caused.

Could have hugged, shook hands, high fived, fist bumped.....or what ever is socially acceptable in this hyper sensitized, covid infected, generational, racially, sexually, gender divided world we live in.

Handled properly, this should have been a nothing burger. Both would have learned more about each other and about themselves. And maybe about society itself.

What a shame.

This happened a year and a half ago. Isn’t it convenient for rasir to jump on this opportunity right after BLM when the iron is still very hot. And now chambers has to answer everything like he did with the “politically correct” answer or he’s screwed.

It was in there before NASCAR’s only black driver was in there. It was also not the only one. It’s a pull down for the door. The writer having that in the article is the same as a writer nowadays calling the Sandusky situation the Penn State scandal....it didn’t happen the way they wanted it to happen, but they’re not going to let it go. It’s irresponsible and furthers the divisiveness, but that’s their intent.
Take a hard look at the pic. How many door pull-downs have you seen that look like that? It’s a noose, probably someone’s poor idea of a joke to make a door pull-down to look like a noose, but a noose nevertheless.

Reactions: UncleLar
Here's the quote:

"As someone else said, is it okay to say a team got whipped or were gassed? Jews and other holocaust descendents (sic) would be especially sensitive to those words but I have not heard the outcry."

So what exactly was the poster trying to say?
Jewish athletes who would be sensitive to the gassing of millions of Jews in concentration camps wouldn’t be offended if a coach used the term “being gassed” because in the context of the comment, they would clearly understand that the coach didn’t mean that they are in the process of being murdered. Hence no outcry.

That’s what I meant and it should have been clear but is it now clear enough?

Very well. I don't know what that has to do with anything.
About as much as how you winning a fishing tournament has anything to do with tying a knot a certain way.....you brought it into the thread.

One would think a player and a coach would have a decent relationship. And since Coach Pat has a record of trying to help players off the court one would also think that would buy him some benefit of doubt.

If the player was upset about the use of that phrase, he should have approached the coach and discussed it. Coach seems to have the approach to his players that would indicate he would be willing to listen. My assumption is that Pat would have apologized in person, not realizing what pain the use of the phrase caused.

Could have hugged, shook hands, high fived, fist bumped.....or what ever is socially acceptable in this hyper sensitized, covid infected, generational, racially, sexually, gender divided world we live in.

Handled properly, this should have been a nothing burger. Both would have learned more about each other and about themselves. And maybe about society itself.

What a shame.
Well, I wasn't there. I look at it as a sad situation.

By the way, Rex Chapman is a washed up NBA player who only recently got off drugs. He cruises tictok for videos and then posts them on Twitter to make a profit.

Again, I've tied that tie a million times for fishing and posted a dozen fishing knot diagrams that show people how to do it. You post is complete bullshit.
You're right, he had his issues. We should only listen to people who have no flaws and have lived a perfect life.

Last edited:
Take a hard look at the pic. How many door pull-downs have you seen that look like that? It’s a noose, probably someone’s poor idea of a joke to make a door pull-down to look like a noose, but a noose nevertheless.

I've tied that tie a hundred times. In fact, at one point, used them as door pulls when I had a broken door opener and had to loop the rope around a nail to keep the door from sliding down.

Its ridiculous.

are you suggesting a Bimini Twist is now racist?

1200px-Bimini_Twist_knot.svg.png

No one except the person who tied it knows if it was intended to be a noose. And if it was, what was the purpose? A joke on who?

Maybe if you used the knots Obli is referring to you would have come in first in your fishin’ games instead of just top 10....

Do you and the “Rod Squad” surf the high seas for Aquatic game on a boat called the “Flounder Pounder”?

Sorry...I lost power 2 hours ago and am bored.

Reactions: bison13
I'll let it slip this time. You're right, he knows everything about everything. I should have tied on one of his Mickey Mouse knots.
see this is what people do^^.

I don't care if you are a great bass fisherman or not. the bimini twist is a simple knot just as a "noose" is a simple knot. People tie them all the time with no intention to be racist. Is putting a tire swing on a low hanging tree branch racist as well?

it is a ridiculous argument to say that a knot tied in a garage at least months before a black driver or the MN race riots was intended to be racist in any way, shape or form.

Reactions: Petch
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT