ADVERTISEMENT

Rasir Bolton on Why he left Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chambers will probably get fired over this. He already had the shoving incident and he has been here longer than Dunn or DeChellis without an NCAA (albeit he essentially had an NCAA team this year)

He was not on solid ground to begin with and this is some pretty stupid stuff to be saying. The school doesn’t need bad PR no

Actually if the AD knew about this before the shoving incident, I am kind of surprised he didn’t get fired that season

you might want to se what the players mom who got shoved has said about this.

Reactions: Yanks49
It's always amusing to see people write what others should or should not be offended by.

The "he meant no harm", "he has other black players who support him", "he is a good guy" arguments are all reasons why systemic racism in this country has continued for decades.

Do I think Chambers should be fired? No, he seems to be aware that he made a mistake and was looking to honestly make amends and not just offer excuses or rationalizations.

That said, the guy effed up and made a huge mistake. There should be some type of penalty. To paint it any other way is simply missing the entire point.
Systemic? Does Chambers’ poor word choice mean that Penn State is racist? How about Basketball coaches in general? College athletics?

...or could it be...he mistakenly used a hurtful phrase...apologized (now several times, apparently) and will be more mindful going forward.

Yes...there are racist people in this world. Maybe more than we want to acknowledge. I’m extremely confident that Pat Chambers is not one and I have a hard time understanding what “system” in or around Pat is racist.

if what he said is systematic racism...it just proves that’s there is no such thing. A noose on its own is not racist.
At my work around 3 years ago, a maintenance guy tied an extention cord into a noose and hung it in a common area with other cords wrapped normally. Our head IT guy is black and also frequents that area and said felt threatened. The maintenance guy was suspended for a week without pay and put on notice. Of course it was all in fun and a huge misunderstanding. :rolleyes:

At my work around 3 years ago, a maintenance guy tied an extention cord into a noose and hung it in a common area with other cords wrapped normally. Our head IT guy is black and also frequents that area and said felt threatened. The maintenance guy was suspended for a week without pay and put on notice. Of course it was all in fun and a huge misunderstanding. :rolleyes:

Are you sure he just wasn't demonstrating a fishing knot?

source.gif

and what is the point of that made up story? the mtce. guy was either really stupid or is a racist. he lost a week's pay and was put on notice that any other slip ups and he is fired. has absolutely nothing to do with this Chambers incident.

Reactions: Yanks49
Racism isn’t quite so cut and dry. It’s not zero or a hundred.

Yes it is absolutely a zero sum. It is NOT a nuanced term. If you are racist you hate that race - period. The terms that are more nuanced are prejudiced or biased or even bigoted. This is the misunderstanding with people over using the term.

Here’s another problem with this whole thing....an excerpt from the story:

“Before NASCAR banned the Confederate flag and was immediately rocked by a noose impersonating a door pulldown in the garage of its only Black driver.”

Um, no that wasn’t a noose, but don’t let facts keep the media from maintaining a false narrative to stir the pot.
It was most def a noose. Just not purposely installed for 43

and what is the point of that made up story? the mtce. guy was either really stupid or is a racist. he lost a week's pay and was put on notice that any other slip ups and he is fired. has absolutely nothing to do with this Chambers incident.
I was replying to another post dipshit. I don't GAF If you think it's fake. Do you want me to name names? I will say that the righteous HR guy who laid the hammer down got arrested for something much worse not long after and should have done prison time but was given house arrest because of a sudden illness. ;)

Reactions: Grant Green
Yes it is absolutely a zero sum. It is NOT a nuanced term. If you are racist you hate that race - period. The terms that are more nuanced are prejudiced or biased or even bigoted. This is the misunderstanding with people over using the term.
Being an overt racist may be fairly cut and dried, but racism, especially systematic can be very nuanced.
It can be gripping a purse tighter when a black person walks by.

Not realizing that Confederate statues are seen very differently by others

Subconsciously choosing Kevin's resume over Tyrones, even though they are the same

A cop pulling over a black guy for no reason,

The fact that black home ownership is less than white home ownership

The fact that black folks are impoverished at a higher rate than white folks.

Black people are under represented in positions like CEO, sports coaches, government, etc

Overall income is lower for black people than white

The fact that many people don't even recognize these factors

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Being an overt racist may be fairly cut and dried, but racism, especially systematic can be very nuanced.

Subconsciously choosing Kevin's resume over Tyrones, even though they are the same

Black people are under represented in positions like CEO, sports coaches, government, etc

Guess we’ll agree to disagree.

It was most def a noose. Just not purposely installed for 43
The only person who knows if it was intended to be a noose was the guy who tied it and nobody knows who that is. It was a knot that looked like a noose, but that doesn’t mean it was intended to be a noose.

Those don’t show systematic racism...you’re confusing inequality of outcome with inequality of opportunity. Inequality of opportunity would point to systematic racism....there are many other factors involved in your above examples that may or may not point to anything that has to do with racism. Your examples have more to do with unconscious racism as opposed to systematic racism.

Grant Green, post: 4953797, member: 3754"]Being an overt racist may be fairly cut and dried, but racism, especially systematic can be very nuanced.

Not realizing that Confederate statues are seen very differently by others That’s ignorance not bigotry.

Subconsciously choosing Kevin's resume over Tyrones, even though they are the same That’s not being aware of a subconscious bias, not systemic racist.

A cop pulling over a black guy for no reason, That’s racism. Still not systemic though.

The fact that black home ownership is less than white home ownership That’s a predictable economic outcome of a 70% black illegitimacy rate.

The fact that black folks are impoverished at a higher rate than white folks. Another predictable economic outcome. See previous cause.

Black people are under represented in positions like CEO, sports coaches, government, etc If blacks make up 15% of the population what percentage of them should be represented in any of those endeavors?Given their high rates of single parent families which is the highest correlative factor for future poverty, how many blacks are pursuing those positions? How many are in the pool relative to the available positions? This one is actually worth discussing.

Overall income is lower for black people than white Again, economics.

The fact that many people don't even recognize these factors Vague comments about what “people” do are rarely helpful. Which people?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Grant Green, post: 4953797, member: 3754"]Being an overt racist may be fairly cut and dried, but racism, especially systematic can be very nuanced.

Not realizing that Confederate statues are seen very differently by others That’s ignorance not bigotry.

Subconsciously choosing Kevin's resume over Tyrones, even though they are the same That’s not being aware of a subconscious bias, not systemic racist.

A cop pulling over a black guy for no reason, That’s racism. Still not systemic though.

The fact that black home ownership is less than white home ownership That’s a predictable economic outcome of a 70% black illegitimacy rate.

The fact that black folks are impoverished at a higher rate than white folks. Another predictable economic outcome. See previous cause.

Black people are under represented in positions like CEO, sports coaches, government, etc If blacks make up 15% of the population what percentage of them should be represented in any of those endeavors?Given their high rates of single parent families which is the highest correlative factor for future poverty, how many blacks are pursuing those positions? How many are in the pool relative to the available positions? This one is actually worth discussing.

The fact that many people don't even recognize these factors Vague comments about what “people” do are rarely helpful. Which people?
Do not watch if foul language offends you.

Reactions: Grant Green
SUPERTODD, post: 4953849, member: 4586"]Grant Green, post: 4953797, member: 3754"]Being an overt racist may be fairly cut and dried, but racism, especially systematic can be very nuanced.

Didn't say these were all systematic, but subconscious bias can be a subtle form of racism. Remember, I said a lot this is nuanced.

We agree. An example of racism.

You're blaming a lot on economics. This is systematic racism over many years. Are black folks to blame exclusively for their poor economic status?
Linked article on this for your consideration. https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ack-wealth-louisville-and-america/3279130001/
See previous comment regarding economics.

Likely agreement then.

The fact that many people don't even recognize these factors Vague comments about what “people” do are rarely helpful. Which people?[/QUOTE]
Don't have time for specifics, but read through these kinds of threads and you will find plenty of examples.
I have more that I didn't include.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
SUPERTODD, post: 4953849, member: 4586"]Grant Green, post: 4953797, member: 3754"]Being an overt racist may be fairly cut and dried, but racism, especially systematic can be very nuanced.

Didn't say these were all systematic, but subconscious bias can be a subtle form of racism. Remember, I said a lot this is nuanced.

We agree. An example of racism.

You're blaming a lot on economics. This is systematic racism over many years. Are black folks to blame exclusively for their poor economic status?
Linked article on this for your consideration. https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ack-wealth-louisville-and-america/3279130001/
See previous comment regarding economics.

Likely agreement then.

Don't have time for specifics, but read through these kinds of threads and you will find plenty of examples.
I have more that I didn't include.[/QUOTE]
Greenie, my man...you are flat out obsessed

Here is a GREAT article on this by Del Wilson: https://delgrecowilson.com/2020/07/07/pat-chambers-****ed-up-now-what/

No. He admitted to one word. The article does not quote a sentence only one word. Give the exact sentence and context.
Context you say? Cancel culture and virtue signaling require no context. Chambers, whose life’s work involves recruiting and nurturing young men (many of whom are black), is obviously a despicable racist. Let’s burn him at the stake.

I've tied that tie a hundred times. In fact, at one point, used them as door pulls when I had a broken door opener and had to loop the rope around a nail to keep the door from sliding down.

Its ridiculous.

are you suggesting a Bimini Twist is now racist?

1200px-Bimini_Twist_knot.svg.png

Tieing it to a hook in fishing line is one. Tieing it on the end of a half-inch, or thicker, rope that's going to hang in the open is something comletely different. At a minimum, it's very racially insensitive.

Reactions: crazytoadie
Feel like this fits this discussion:
Everyday words and phrases that have racist connotations

https://apple.news/AgREUzMotQwyx13yXMl_c8w
All of this is just a red herring. The black national anthem being played before NFL games, that too is just a red herring. AA's didn't ask for any of this - they asked for an end, or AT LEAST reduction to, police brutality, systemic oppression, and educational opportunity (among more), and what they got was:

"Ehhh, we'll just play the Black NA, change some names, release some statements, and that'll be 'enough' to show that we tried and care."

Nope, those are red herrings to what is actually being asked for. And if Black people are not thankful for these (comparatively) meaningless gestures, the community is viewed as "ungrateful".

It's nuts

Reactions: PearlSUJam
I've been following this thread and I had to comment that I feel Rasir was taking Pat's comment out of context.
Working in corrections, I've heard numerous AA inmates call other AA by the N word, sometimes in fun and sometimes in anger. There are numerous rap songs the AA guys would sing with the N word in them. Why isn't this considered racist by BLM and the MSM?

I've been following this thread and I had to comment that I feel Rasir was taking Pat's comment out of context.
Working in corrections, I've heard numerous AA inmates call other AA by the N word, sometimes in fun and sometimes in anger. There are numerous rap songs the AA guys would sing with the N word in them. Why isn't this considered racist by BLM and the MSM?

https://www.tolerance.org/magazine/fall-2011/straight-talk-about-the-nword

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/08/whites-refer-to-the-n-word/596872/

https://universitystar.com/32731/opinions/only-black-people-are-allowed-to-say-the-n-word/

https://www.themaneater.com/stories/opinion/column-who-gets-to-use-the-n-word

Last edited:
Two things occur to me:
1) It is impossible to apply common sense to anything in this country anymore. Mostly because we possess no common sense of who we are as a people.

2) It does nothing positive to apologize to the mob. They don’t care for anything but blood. Trying to explain something to a bloodthirsty beast is a waste of time. Hoping it eats you last doesn’t either.
To the woke mob, apologizing exudes extreme weakness. An apology is blood in shark infested waters. Look no further than "given the benefit of hindsight..."

sometimes a knot is simply a knot.

So, if I go outside tonight at 11:30 and say "geeze, it is dark out here tonight" I might be racist?

Just do not return to your master bedroom or back to the peanut gallery. CNN today suggested these terms may be construed as having racist connotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT