ADVERTISEMENT

Rasir Bolton on Why he left Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't accept your apology, what you said was racist and deeply offended me. I am having issues with what you said that have stirred up very bad feeling from my past. You must leave this board immediately and not come back. I don't want to see another post from you.
A woke mob of one:)

Tieing it to a hook in fishing line is one. Tieing it on the end of a half-inch, or thicker, rope that's going to hang in the open is something comletely different. At a minimum, it's very racially insensitive.
So the concept of a knot is contextual? That rope doesn’t look like a half inch either.

Last edited:
“I want to be a stress reliever for you. You can talk to me about anything. I need to get some of this pressure off you. I want to loosen the noose that’s around your neck.”

The above is the quote.. the word offended Rasir. I don't know.. the message sounds like he's trying to help Rasir relax but Rasir focused on the word that he's obviously sensitive to. I'm anxious to hear what his teammates have to say like Lamar.

Obviously Chambers was trying to help.
Was it the best term to use? IDK, maybe not. But hangings, throughout history, are not limited to a racist tool of southern Dems in hoods. "Noose around your neck" is a common figure of speech that has been around for a long long time.

Look it up and you'll find plenty of examples.
The Cambridge dictionary defines a noose as "a serious problem or limit" as in: "The noose of poverty was tightening"
The Oxford dictionary says: "His debts were a noose around his neck."

I'm sorry, but this is F#@&!#& nonsense.

Much like the Paterno media narrative that was completely contrary to his 50 years of actions, to believe that Chambers is racist means that:
- After almost dying in an assault and gaining a new perspective on life, he left his family business to pursue his dream of coaching college basketball so that he could spend a significant part of his life selling his vision to, interacting with, and coaching people he dislikes because of their skin color.

Sounds like a reasonable possibility! :rolleyes:

Thanks...just read the player's comments. So the coach was trying to help the player but lowering the pressure but, unfortunately, used the term "noose" as a metaphor.

That's how I read it. Maybe he should have said he was removing the shackles instead.

Looking at Germany in particular, someone recently posted a great article that compared post-nazi Germany to post-slavery U.S. I can't remember if I saw it here or on facebook, but anyway, Germany was embarrassed by their recent Nazi history and went above and beyond to eradicate the anti-jew ideology from their culture. Meanwhile, the U.S, particularly the southern states, did a lot to preserve anti-black sentiment and behavior.
Newsflash for you: Germany is still seen as a big bully in Europe - just leading now with economics rather than tanks. One of the primary reasons behind the pushback with the EU is that Germany controls most of the levers of power. Also, anti-Semitism still runs very high in most of Europe...including Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT