ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - ASU Dual Thread

Berge gets the W but I didn't love his offense in that match. Scored off counters nicely but not much else.
hes got offense just didnt have it tonight. wrestled like the higher ranked guy and not the guy going for it i guess. real tight. too tight.

but a W is a W is a W

Reactions: lionlover
I didn’t see that way, a different ref could have easily give a couple more stall calls against him. In a veteran performance sort of expect a couple shoots

He should have been hit with at least one more stalling call. I'll have to watch the replay but I don't remember any shots from Berge

DT & Nico throwing out t-shirts to the crowd!

157: #1 Nolf vs. #16 Christian Pagdilao

Per 1
Nolf gets and ankle to a single, has Pagdilao dancing, and gets the TD, 2-0. He cuts him, 2-1. Pagdilao tries a high crotch, blocked. Golf in on a single, Pag tries to counter, Nolf gets behind and gets the TS, 4-1. Quick cut, 4-2. Then Nolf with a single and a cut, 6-3. Nolf with a blast double to a single, has Pag dancing, and gets the TD at the edge, 8-3, and they are OOB with 18 sec left. End. RT @ 43 sec for Nolf

Per 2
Pagdilao takes bottom. He's up, but lifted and taken back down. Page up again and taken back down rather hard by Nolf. Pagdilao stands and he's out, 8-4. Pags in on a single to a double, Nolf reaches over the shoulders and gets an ankle, then he works his scrambling, but Pags doesn't let go, and Nolf gets the TD, 10-4. End. RT @ 1:58 for Nolf

Per 3
Nolf takes bottom. He's up, taken back down but Nolf grabs and ankle, and Nolf is working that and nearly got the reversal but it's an esc, 11-4. Nolf in on a single, Pag fights but gives up as Nolf gets the TD, 13-4. Stall warning on Pagdilao. 30 sec left. Golf nearly tilts him, nothing. Esc by Pags, 13-5. Nolf with a crazy TD and gets swipes -- 2 NF. With RT, it's an 18-5 major!

17-3, PSU, at the break

I didn’t see that way, a different ref could have easily give a couple more stall calls against him. In a veteran performance sort of expect a couple shoots

I would have liked to see him be a little more aggressive, but I thought he was in control the entire match. His defense was fantastic. Maruca never even came close to getting a TD.

Reactions: RLSalty
DT & Nico throwing out t-shirts to the crowd!

157: #1 Nolf vs. #16 Christian Pagdilao

Per 1
Nolf gets and ankle to a single, has Pagdilao dancing, and gets the TD, 2-0. He cuts him, 2-1. Pagdilao tries a high crotch, blocked. Golf in on a single, Pag tries to counter, Nolf gets behind and gets the TS, 4-1. Quick cut, 4-2. Then Nolf with a single and a cut, 6-3. Nolf with a blast double to a single, has Pag dancing, and gets the TD at the edge, 8-3, and they are OOB with 18 sec left. End. RT @ 43 sec for Nolf

Per 2
Pagdilao takes bottom. He's up, but lifted and taken back down. Page up again and taken back down rather hard by Nolf. Pagdilao stands and he's out, 8-4. Pags in on a single to a double, Nolf reaches over the shoulders and gets an ankle, then he works his scrambling, but Pags doesn't let go, and Nolf gets the TD, 10-4. End. RT @ 1:58 for Nolf

Per 3
Nolf takes bottom. He's up, taken back down but Nolf grabs and ankle, and Nolf is working that and nearly got the reversal but it's an esc, 11-4. Nolf in on a single, Pag fights but gives up as Nolf gets the TD, 13-4. Stall warning on Pagdilao. 30 sec left. Golf nearly tilts him, nothing. Esc by Pags, 13-5. Nolf with a crazy TD and gets swipes -- 2 NF. With RT, it's an 18-5 major!

17-3, PSU, at the break

Nolf: very unimpressive. Pedestrian. Just kidding- he is a damn joy to watch

Shields record this year. Only loss has been to Wick by one point.

Video Opponent School Date Event Weight W/L By How
#2 Wick, Evan (13 - 0) #21 Wisconsin 12/02 SIEU Invitational 165 L DEC 5 - 4
#37 McCormick, Cael (7 - 2) #16 Army 12/02 SIEU Invitational 165 W MD 19 - 7
#106 Vaughn, John (10 - 6) #71 Cleveland State 12/02 SIEU Invitational 165 W TF5 18 - 2 5:29
#26 Romero, Kaleb (6 - 2) #2 Ohio State 11/18 Ohio State - Arizona State Dual 165 W DEC 5 - 0
#49 McClure, Josh (9 - 4) #17 North Carolina 11/17 North Carolina - Arizona State Dual 165 W DEC 14 - 8
#103 Peterson, Logan (8 - 7) #61 South Dakota State 11/11 Arizona State - South Dakota State Dual 165 W MD 16 - 4
Dravis, Justin Minnesota State Moorhead 11/10 Bison Open 165 W TF5 18 - 2 3:37
#81 O'Neil, Kenny (12 - 8) #61 South Dakota State 11/10 Bison Open 165 W MD 13 - 4
Dravis, Justin Minnesota State Moorhead 11/10 Bison Open 165 W TF5 18 - 2 0:00
#64 Petersen, Jacen (3 - 2) #15 Arizona State 11/10 Bison Open 165 W MD 12 - 4

Cenzo seems to have leveled up this year. This will be his first real test so should be a good one. Shields is very good.

Reactions: diggerpup
Intermission thoughts:

125: I’m a big Schnupp fan. Has the heart of a lion and never gives up. Tall task being a starter on this team. However, tonight I didn’t see that fire. Wasn’t very offensive, and just looked a little timid to me.

133: Wow! RBY’s quickness is unreal. His reattacks are gonna give people fits.

141: Lee continues to not only impress but improve. I see a noticeable improvement from last year, especially on top.

149: Berge with a good win against a ranked opponent. But another weight where I didn’t see any urgency. Maybe something going around the room? Was this his rec hall debut, I don’t recall. If so maybe nerves? But he guts it out and gets the W. Come March that’s what we need him to do.

157: Nolf is Nolf. But I will say he looked a tad sluggish. Maybe I’m just used to seeing his motor a little higher and he was being a bit more mathodical, or maybe I’m being too critical. Definitely not a knock, he did win 18-3.

Reactions: diggerpup
165: #1 Vincenzo Joseph vs. #5 Josh Shields

Per 1
Joseph reaches for an ankle, nothing. Shields in on a single, Joseph sprawls and they are OOB with 2:08 left. Joseph in on a single, Shields with a shin whizzer, then Shiels rolls, Joseph with the TD, and 4 NF, 6-0. Challenge by ASU for ?? Now Zeke is arguing with the ref. Not sure what the issue is. Finally an official review. Call stands. 1:16. Shields stands, taken back down. Shields up again, and taken back down. Shields up again, and back down again (half-hearted roll attempt by Shields that did nothing). OOB with 8 sec. Shields up and is out in a few sec, 6-1. RT @ 1:18 for Joseph

Per 2
Joseph takes bottom. He's up and out in 4 sec, 7-1. Shields reaches for an ankle, nothing. Shields goes for another ankle pick, nothing. lazy shot by Shields that Joseph nearly countered for a TD, but nothing. Joseph shoots, nothing. Shields in on a low single with 12 sec, Joseph with a whizzer. End. RT @ 1:14 for Joseph

Per 3
Shields takes bottom. Optional start but he doesn't let him up, and then he cutes him. 7-2. Shields shoots a single, Joseph sprawls, nothing. OOB with 1:22 left. Stall call on Shields. Joseph reached for a single, nothing. Stall warning on Shields for a point, 8-2. 40 sec left. Joseph reaches for a double, nothing. 25 sec left. Stoppage for headgear issue for Joseph. Joseph gets a leg and gets the TD, 10-2. He had a cradle but ran out of time. With RT of 1:33, it's 11-2.

21-3, PSU

165: #1 Vincenzo Joseph vs. #5 Josh Shields

Per 1
Joseph reaches for an ankle, nothing. Shields in on a single, Joseph sprawls and they are OOB with 2:08 left. Joseph in on a single, Shields with a shin whizzer, then Shiels rolls, Joseph with the TD, and 4 NF, 6-0. Challenge by ASU for ?? Now Zeke is arguing with the ref. Not sure what the issue is. Finally an official review. Call stands. 1:16. Shields stands, taken back down. Shields up again, and taken back down. Shields up again, and back down again (half-hearted roll attempt by Shields that did nothing). OOB with 8 sec. Shields up and is out in a few sec, 6-1. RT @ 1:18 for Joseph

Per 2
Joseph takes bottom. He's up and out in 4 sec, 7-1. Shields reaches for an ankle, nothing. Shields goes for another ankle pick, nothing. lazy shot by Shields that Joseph nearly countered for a TD, but nothing. Joseph shoots, nothing. Shields in on a low single with 12 sec, Joseph with a whizzer. End. RT @ 1:14 for Joseph

Per 3
Shields takes bottom. Optional start but he doesn't let him up, and then he cutes him. 7-2. Shields shoots a single, Joseph sprawls, nothing. OOB with 1:22 left. Stall call on Shields. Joseph reached for a single, nothing. Stall warning on Shields for a point, 8-2. 40 sec left. Joseph reaches for a double, nothing. 25 sec left. Stoppage for headgear issue for Joseph. Joseph gets a leg and gets the TD, 10-2. He had a cradle but ran out of time. With RT of 1:33, it's 11-2.

21-3, PSU

Wow! Vincenzo is a beast! Amazing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT