ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - ASU Dual Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
My schedule forces me to set this up several hours in advance of the dual. Please use this thread for pre-match, in-match, and post-match discussions. If replying to another post, please use the quote function.

Time: 6 pm EST

TV: ESPN2

Video Streaming: ESPN3

Audio Streaming: Byers' PBP will be streamed for free, starting at 5:40 pm EST, at:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=235

I expect to be available to do PBP for most of the match. However, there's a chance that I will be unable to provide PBP for the early part of the match. I'll post something in the thread when I'm starting PBP.

Here's hoping for an entertaining dual.

Reactions: mcruny42
Can we get an Iowa guy to do one of those old Iowa PBP ?
Like each match consists of over 300 posts and 30 pages of data?
They were so neat.

Since I will be tied up with a dinner party, I'm asking that no one post anything in this thread, or anywhere else pertaining to the results of this dual. NO SPOILERS!

just-kidding-13918978.png

Someone mentioned on the other thread that they are starting at 125: Schnupp vs. Courtney. If correct, that means no last match at 174 (obviously), and if the pairing is accurately conveyed, then it might be fair to assume ASU is bumping Milhof to 133 . . . Yes? Maybe? Guess we will soon see.

Someone mentioned on the other thread that they are starting at 125: Schnupp vs. Courtney. If correct, that means no last match at 174 (obviously), and if the pairing is accurately conveyed, then it might be fair to assume ASU is bumping Milhof to 133 . . . Yes? Maybe? Guess we will soon see.

Per this tweet not decided yet who’s going at 125

Schnupp really needs confidence in feet game. Has look of a guy that his butterflies hold him back in every 1st period.

Im not hes an AA, but heck a .500 guy for sure.

BELIEVE DEVIN!!!

125: Devon Schnupp vs. Bryan Courtney

Per 1
Courtney with a blast double and he gets the TD as they go OOB, 0-2. Optional start for the esc, 1-2. Courtney with a slide bye for the TD, and then a cut, 2-4. Schnupp shoots and then Courtney with a counter for the TD (nearly points, 2-6. OO with 1:48 left. Schnapps with the esc, 3-6. Courtney tries a slide bye, and then goes the other side and gets a TD as they go OOB with 21 sec, 3-8. Schnupp up then lifted and driven back down. End.

Per 2
Courtney takes down. Caution on Schnupp for a false start. Courtney to his feet, and Schnupp drives him back down. Courtney hits a roll and Schnupp stays with him. OOB with 1:25 left. Courtney with a quick sit out and gets the esc, 3-9. Schnupp nearly gets a TD but they go OOB with 1:09 left. Stall warning on Courtney. End

Per 3
Schnapps takes down. Courtney seemed to run out of the steam at the end of the 2nd period. Schnupp up quickly, and Courtney cuts him, 4-9. Courtney with a quick TD and cuts, 5-11. 1 min left. Courtney tries a throw and gets the TD with 23 sec left, 5-13. OOB with 14 sec. Cross-body ride , and a reversal by Schnupp at the buzzer, 7-13. Nice move at the end by Schnupp.

3-0, ASU

Haven't seen much of Milhoff. What are his go-to moves and strengths/weaknesses?

ADVERTISEMENT