ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Indiana Game Thread

Our #12, IMO, made a very costly error on the two-point try.

He was to CONTAIN anybody that tried to run and force them inside.

But, HE decides to go inside and gets buried and takes himself right out of the way.

IDIOT!!
Before you call someone an idiot you should at least know their name. #12 is sophomore linebacker Brandon Smith.

Other than the Miracle at the Meadowlands...I have never seen a team lose a game like this. I am a CJF supporter...but this is on him. 1:47 and IU has one TO.... Take a knee on down 1, IU uses their last TO at 1:43. 2nd down, kneel down at 1:43 and clock runs till :58. PSU calls TO....snap ball on 3rd down at ;58 and clock runs down to :13 when PSU calls another to....snap ball on 4th down and refs give IU the ball with about 10 seconds to go, and 80 yards to gain....Franklin should be absolutely ashamed. This is a HS fvck up.... unreal.

We have the worst fans on the planet...a bunch of entitled babies. Waahhh, we lost a game....it’s all the coach’s fault. Three turnovers and two missed field goals and we lost on a crap call in OT in the first game of a screwed up season because of a pandemic and many of you want to fire the coach who’s won 42 games in four years. Good lord.

We had the game won and a simple coaching decision blew it. It makes no difference what happened up to that point. It was a boneheaded decision and one person is responsible for that decision. It isn't the running back.

You can’t be right...you said they were good then you said they were D2....you’re a pathetic little man.
I’ve tried to be civil with you, but you continually are an asshole!!!!
You’re officially blocked.
Have fun cheering on a coach who does so little, with so much talent!!!!!

Pretty awful performance all around.by PSU.
It doesn’t matter how much talent you have when you play and are coached like this.
I expect a lot of what worked on offense will not be there the rest of the season.

If front of the pylon is the plane, it wasn’t a successful conversion. But whatever. Pathetic showing.
To have crossed the plane before he touched the pylon he would’ve had to pull the ball backwards after crossing the plane in order for it to have hit the front of the pylon as it did. He was fully extended the entire time. So the only way that was a touchdown there was if he hit the inside of the pylon.

We had the game won and a simple coaching decision blew it. It makes no difference what happened up to that point. It was a boneheaded decision and one person is responsible for that decision. It isn't the running back.
Okay, so big deal? He made a mistake. Let’s fire a coach who’s won 42 games in four years because of one mistake. Entitled, terrible fans. That’s kind of my point.

I still feel like the WRs overall aren't at the level where they can take over a game, and, that really is big part of CFB these days. Also, Kirk C's gameplanning and strategy wasn't that impressive to me. After one game he doesn't seem that different than Rahne.

Reactions: blk902 and 83wuzme
I’ve tried to be civil with you, but you continually are an asshole!!!!
You’re officially blocked.
Have fun cheering on a coach who does so little, with so much talent!!!!!
Oh no....the rat f**k POS blocked me. What shall I ever do?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Not that I will watch, but PSU will get hammered next weekend. Clifford is running scared and/because we have no running game. It will be over by halftime.

Clifford is not elite.Great offenses with an Elite QB will get us to the next level. We are not there yet. We have a very good team... but not elite. Fact.

Other than the Miracle at the Meadowlands...I have never seen a team lose a game like this. I am a CJF supporter...but this is on him. 1:47 and IU has one TO.... Take a knee on down 1, IU uses their last TO at 1:43. 2nd down, kneel down at 1:43 and clock runs till :58. PSU calls TO....snap ball on 3rd down at ;58 and clock runs down to :13 when PSU calls another to....snap ball on 4th down and refs give IU the ball with about 10 seconds to go, and 80 yards to gain....Franklin should be absolutely ashamed. This is a HS fvck up.... unreal.
I have to agree. This is almost a dismissible offense. Why not call time out after gaining the ball on downs, calmly review your options and then do exactly as you outlined above? Unforgivable. Probably the worst loss in PSU history.

Okay, so big deal? He made a mistake. Let’s fire a coach who’s won 42 games in four years because of one mistake. Entitled, terrible fans. That’s kind of my point.

Those calling for his firing have shit for brains.

But you've got to admit. Franklin is a disaster in late game clock management. This isn't new.

And the name that doesn't appear to be coming up in this meltdown is Brent Pry. This is also a habit for Pry -- bend, bend, bend, BREAK. These late drives to kill us absolutely have to stop.

Yea. Clock management lost it. Not three missed FGs, three turnovers, bonehead play by Ford and at least four terrible calls
Knowing when to take a knee is part of clock management. Yes, you can cite all of the other things, but the bottom line is we had the ball at the IU 14 with 1:42 left and IU had one time out, so yes, clock management lost the game.

But you've got to admit. Franklin is a disaster in late game clock management. This isn't new.

And the name that doesn't appear to be coming up in this meltdown is Brent Pry. This is also a habit for Pry -- bend, bend, bend, BREAK. These late drives to kill us absolutely have to stop.
No, I don’t have to admit that....those losses stick out more, but he’s also won quite a few. Coaches are in a no win situation. If they lose a close one then it’s their game day coaching that cost the game. If they get blown out, it’s because the coach didn’t have them ready to play so it’s the coach’s fault. Doesn’t matter if the team has multiple turnovers and makes stupid plays, it’s the coach’s fault.

Franklin shouldn't be fired, but he's out of 'I'm gonna fire the OC/DC/QB Coach or whomever' cards.

I still feel like the WRs overall aren't at the level where they can take over a game, and, that really is big part of CFB these days. Also, Kirk C's gameplanning and strategy wasn't that impressive to me. After one game he doesn't seem that different than Rahne.
I agree. Just watched osu highlights their receivers are nuts. Watch the toe drag td on the end line nuts play I've never seen by a state wr

I have to agree. This is almost a dismissible offense. Why not call time out after gaining the ball on downs, calmly review your options and then do exactly as you outlined above? Unforgivable. Probably the worst loss in PSU history.
Drama queen

Running 4 times in a row on the one late series in Indiana territory? What in the he double toothpicks was that?!

Clifford is not elite.Great offenses with an Elite QB will get us to the next level. We are not there yet. We have a very good team... but not elite. Fact.

Please tell me you are joking. Thanks so much for telling us the Clifford isn't elite. We hadn't noticed. He is barely decent against the likes of Indiana. The team is fair to average at best. We are a long way from good and elite isnt in sight.

No, I don’t have to admit that....those losses stick out more, but he’s also won quite a few. Coaches are in a no win situation. If they lose a close one then it’s their game day coaching that cost the game. If they get blown out, it’s because the coach didn’t have them ready to play so it’s the coach’s fault. Doesn’t matter if the team has multiple turnovers and makes stupid plays, it’s the coach’s fault.

And there are 6 million reasons why people feel that way. You must tell your players to not score on that play. Period! No way a kid from O$U does that. Their kids certainly aren’t smarter. They are simply better coached.

He is questioning the call. No where in his post did he mention firing Franklin.

Reactions: Ski
Sorry if already discussed, but who is to blame for Ford’s run? Was he not told or told and forgot? I was telling my wife before the snap that IU could let him walk in.

It was simply sloppy, undisciplined play. 3 turnovers, 2 missed field goals, targeting, offsides, facemask, all lead to a loss. Add in Ford’s horrendously stupid play, and it was ordained.

Reactions: YeOldeCup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT