ADVERTISEMENT

Last Chance OTT Qualifier - April 7

Okay, Flo pet peeve time for me. They frequently list their freestyle and greco match videos using pounds instead of kilos for the weights, e.g. listing a greco match as 77 lb. instead of 77 kg . I noticed this a LONG time ago, and was hoping they would quit making this mistake. Nope! Rant over (for now) : )

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Okay, Flo pet peeve time for me. They frequently list their freestyle and greco match videos using pounds instead of kilos for the weights, e.g. listing a greco match as 77 lb. instead of 77 kg . I noticed this a LONG time ago, and was hoping they would quit making this mistake. Nope! Rant over (for now) : )
I heard ya.lol. Early on I said those 2 gotta be bigger than 50lbs. (Actually 110lbs)

That messed me up too. For a minute, I thought I was watching 5 year olds.

Wonder what these guys weigh. (Someone posted this on another thread and my whole family can’t stop watching it)

Lol. I can remember junior Olympics many years ago (50lbs lightest weight) not uncommon to see final scores having more point totals than two Messenbrink matches combined.

I love watching Jasmine Robinson. She’s had some up and down performances but when she is on you better look out. Electric describes her perfectly
And Robinson gets decked in the semis. I didn’t see the match though so maybe someone can tell me how it went down. Just saw the result on track

I know you domestic light beer drinking piss-ants don't watch greco, but Ivanov is losing his mind on Twitter about the call in Joel Adams Finals match lol. You can't go straight out of bounds in par terre on bottom. One major miscue, and he loses his chance to fight for an Olympic team spot. It's a tough sport. But it was the right call, in my correct assessment.

I know you domestic light beer drinking piss-ants don't watch greco, but Ivanov is losing his mind on Twitter about the call in Joel Adams Finals match lol. You can't go straight out of bounds in par terre on bottom. One major miscue, and he loses his chance to fight for an Olympic team spot. It's a tough sport. But it was the right call, in my correct assessment.
Never change my friend. 🔥

Hey, hey, hey, I'm an IPA-drinking piss-ant who doesn't watch Greco-Roman, thank you very much. Now, I'm going to find Ivanov on Twitter.

Well, my favorite beverage is "A Fine Pilsner" and I guess by your definition I'm a piss-ant. Is there any room for advancement?

We're less than 12 hours from the start of men's freestyle and there are no brackets on Track. Wrestling continues to be the most stupidest sport when it comes to marketing.

57kg

Gary Steen vs. Jax Forrest, 2nd round
Nathan Desmond vs. Josh Rodriguez, 2nd round
Cale Nasdeo vs. Anthony Knox, 2nd round

No Mason Gibson

65kg

Bo Bassett vs. David Evans, 1st round, against Dayne Morton vs. Peyton Harris winner in 2nd round

74kg

Cenzo, bye to 2nd round, against Matt Bianchi-Noah Roulo winner
Terrell Barraclough, bye to 2nd round, against Mike VanBrill-Andrew Dickson winner
William Henckel vs. Doug Zapf, 1st round, winner vs. Joey Lavallee in 2nd round
Joe Sealey, bye to 2nd round, against Devinair Hayes-Anthony Taylor Winner

86kg

Morgan McIntosh, bye to 2nd round, against Nick McGhee-Malachi Duvall winner
Aarif Asif, bye to 2nd round, against Chris Foca-John Gunderson winner

97kg

Cole Mirasola vs. Steven Burrell Jr., 2nd round

Last edited:
57kg

Gary Steen vs. Bo Bassett, 2nd round
Nathan Desmond vs. Josh Rodriguez, 2nd round
Cale Nasdeo vs. Anthony Knox, 2nd round

No Mason Gibson

65kg

Bo Bassett vs. David Evans, 1st round

74kg

Cenzo, bye to 2nd round, against Matt Bianchi-Nathan Roulo winner
Terrell Barraclough, bye to 2nd round, against Mike VanBrill-Andrew Dickson winner

86kg

Morgan McIntosh, bye to 2nd round, against Nick McGhee-Malachi Duvall winner
Aarif Asif, bye to 2nd round, against Chris Foca-John Gunderson winner
Think you meant Forrest/Steen

That messed me up too. For a minute, I thought I was watching 5 year olds.

Wonder what these guys weigh. (Someone posted this on another thread and my whole family can’t stop watching it)

Many a good wrestling matches, soccer games, and tee ball games have been paused to a spontaneous dance off.

Championship Round 1

Zapf over Henckel Dec. 4-1
Bassett over Evans Tech Fall 13-2

Championship Round 2

Cenzo over Bianchi Tech Fall 10-0
Barraclough over Dickson Tech Fall 10-0
Sealey over Taylor Tech Fall 11-1
Knox over Nasdeo Tech Fall 10-0
Forrest over Steen Tech Fall 12-2
Rodriguez over Desmond 8-7
Bassett over Morton Tech Fall 10-0
McIntosh over DuVall Tech Fall 14-4
Gunderson over Asif Tech Fall 10-0
Mirasola over Burrell 11-2

Championship Round 3

Cenzo over Perkin Tech Fall 10-0
Barraclough over Cholakyan Dec. 12-6
Sealey over Gilcher Dec. 9-3

Quarterfinals

Forrest over Turner Tech Fall 10-0 in 30 seconds
Rodriguez over Milani Tech Fall 10-0
Bassett over Valencia Dec. 7-4
Barraclough over Manibog Fall 4:38
McIntosh over Cosgrove Dec. 5-0
Thomas over Sealey Dec. 1-1
Cenzo over Millard Tech Fall 11-0
Mirasola over Allen Tech Fall 11-1

Semifinals

Forrest over Rodriguez Dec. 13-4
Bassett over Ashnault Tech Fall 12-2
Joseph over Barraclough Dec. 5-0
McIntosh over Gunderson Dec. 7-2

Consolation Round 1

Evans over Harris Tech Fall 10-0

Consolation Round 2

Desmond over Crace Forfeit
Henckel over Dickson Tech Fall 10-0
Evans over Carson Tech Fall 14-4
Logunleko over Asif Tech Fall 10-0

Consolation Round 3

Henckel over Hatley Forfeit
Steen over Gomez Tech Fall 10-0
Desmond over Dragovich Tech Fall 10-0
Evans over Sheets Dec. 7-0
Nasdao over Henderson Dec. 6-6

Consolation Round 4

Henckel over Chance Tech Fall 12-2

Last edited:
Bassett 13-2 in 1st.

Evans clean TD. Evans looking like he’s about to get 2nd clean TD but Basssett somehow fought it off to neutral scramble. Then Bo’s pace took over. He got a TD and a series of exposures in par terre.
Now, I'm interested, how does freestyle correlate to folk style? We can't surmise necessarily that Bassett is going to beat Evans 13-2 in folkstyle because he wins 13-2 in freestyle correct?

Now, I'm interested, how does freestyle correlate to folk style? We can't surmise necessarily that Bassett is going to beat Evans 13-2 in folkstyle because he wins 13-2 in freestyle correct?
Correct. 11 points were off short exposures that would have seen no points in folkstyle. When Evans got the opening TD very cleanly and looked like he was about to get a second one cleanly, I thought he was going to dominate. Then Bassett somehow scrambled out of it, I think largely due to his pace, and things went the other way. Bassett then got a TD and a series of exposures.

Eirerman goes down 10-5 vs Porter(?).

cenzo with another tech

pierson manville comes back from a big deficit and beats Ian Parker! i thought he had the fall
Porter is a CA kid. Think he’s a hs senior or a college freshman. Could be wrong though. Just checked. He’s a freshman at Indiana

Desmond gave Rodriguez a tough match

Correct. 11 points were off short exposures that would have seen no points in folkstyle. When Evans got the opening TD very cleanly and looked like he was about to get a second one cleanly, I thought he was going to dominate. Then Bassett somehow scrambled out of it, I think largely due to his pace, and things went the other way. Bassett then got a TD and a series of exposures.

Just clarifying a bit
Bassett got a step out immediately after scrambling out of Evans shot. 1-2

He then got a takedown (or exposure couldn't tell which they eventually awarded) on his own decent shot that Evans scrambled hard but eventually lost the position. 3-2

Bassett then got a very fast clean TD 5-2, 4 trap arm / bar "cheap tilts" 13-2

So 2 takedowns to 1 from a folkstyle scoring, but IMO it was going to be worse if it kept going. The intensity of the scrambles and the hand fighting looked to melt Evans, to my eyes

‘sMac comes back from giving up a 4 early fore a tech. Seally won—was it a tech? missed the end.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT