ADVERTISEMENT

If on internet has to be true..

Guys I only did this for a joke..I have Jason Bryant on facebook and that is where I found this. He was telling his friends to dam read before forwarding it...He had about 30-35 people texting him and asking if he knew anything about this..Darn this interent is worse than all get out so dam much fake shit and people just fall for it..Hope you all had a good 4th..:)

Guys I only did this for a joke..I have Jason Bryant on facebook and that is where I found this. He was telling his friends to dam read before forwarding it...He had about 30-35 people texting him and asking if he knew anything about this..Darn this interent is worse than all get out so dam much fake shit and people just fall for it..Hope you all had a good 4th..:)
I guess the joke is on the 30-35 (or many more, I'm sure) that over-reacted. All's good, minn...doubt anyone here fell for it :).

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Quite the cross section in the level of people who basically blew up my phone over a 3-4 hour stretch on Monday night. Coaches from D1, newspaper writers, bloggers, fans, a good cross section of the wrestling community. The reason I didn't put my phone on mute was if they were asking me to validate, I had to stop the spread of this. Two days later, we're still seeing people believe it. They're reading the headline and sharing it on FB. They arent' actually clicking it.

I was probably more on edge about this because I'd just come home from 10 days out of the country and was trying to spend it with my wife and young kids and then right after dinner, I get a call ... then another ... then another. Kinda set me off a little bit. I likely overreacted, but if people are calling me to confirm and I can shut it down, it's hard for me not to want to tell anyone who contacts me about this that it's fake and not to share it and to tell others its not real.

In hindsight, using the emotional technique with almost all of us hoping Oregon gets its program back combined with Cael's contract negotiations was fairly inventive and effective, but I still believe it to be irresponsible, especially since the originator is actually a coach at the four-year level (He's since removed his initial post, although I believe the fake story is still on the web as of now)

Reactions: minnhawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT