ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread Maryland Dual Discussion/PBP

nerfstate

Oct 10, 2017
Wrestlestat picks another shutout. If all the starters go, that will be no surprise. I hear the place is sold out, and will likely have lots of PSU fans attending. A pity the Terps best guy is at 197--but I like how they compete. I expect more like MSU than Mich. And it will be bittersweet if Greg faces off vs. Seth. What do you think?

Oh, and I have today's media availability up:

Wrestlestat picks another shutout. If all the starters go, that will be no surprise. I hear the place is sold out, and will likely have lots of PSU fans attending. A pity the Terps best guy is at 197--but I like how they compete. I expect more like MSU than Mich. And it will be bittersweet if Greg faces off vs. Seth. What do you think?

I thought Nevills was injured.

Reactions: Split shot
100% my speculation but with something seemingly going around the room and this being the last travel date before Iowa, wouldn't be surprised if we brought a few backups.

197 is the big matchup but I don't think it'll be super competitive (huge Smith fan though)

Reactions: nerfstate
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Nice change to the camera angle during the interviews. We now have a better view of the dodgeball game.

Good stuff as usual nerf. MM is remarkably articulate and thoughtful for his age.

Did you know Scott Corl? He wrestled Rob Koll that year (83-84). I believe Rob wrestled up a weight class to meet him in the dual.

Yes, I knew Scott Corl. He was a year or two behind me in school, but I knew him from school and also knew him because a girl I was dating (State High) knew the family or was a cousin of some sort, so I'd run into him/them occasionally at parties and such. The Corls were good wrestlers, but damn did they bring out the best (or the worst) in the fans. I can remember fisticuffs in the gym multiple times when they were wrestling. I also have a Corl story that's very funny that I can't/won't post here. A friend and I were talking about this stuff just last night and Bill Koll's name came up and several stories about Rob Koll and Scott Corl ensued.

how early do you think we need to show up to get decent seats, given that this is general admission and sold out?

Did you happen to know a Oral Surgeon (Dr Karras) daughter Jennifer?
yes

Did you know Scott Corl? He wrestled Rob Koll that year (83-84). I believe Rob wrestled up a weight class to meet him in the dual.
yes. My recollection is Robbie was at 155# and Scott was 185#. They met at 167#. Afterwards Corl went back up [too much cut] and Rob went back to 155 [except for the match w/Sidorick].
BTW: Overflowed gyms for both Bellefonte @SC and SC @P-O to see those matches.
State High ‘84
Same

Reactions: KCLion and billrag
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT